Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Best Single Point Farmers! I_vote_lcapBest Single Point Farmers! I_voting_barBest Single Point Farmers! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Best Single Point Farmers! I_vote_lcapBest Single Point Farmers! I_voting_barBest Single Point Farmers! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Best Single Point Farmers!

Go down 
+2
HLWG
Mr.Blonde
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Best Single Point Farmers! Empty
PostSubject: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:48 pm

This is about farmers. I use a lot of low level farmers less than 4 on Ele Mastery builds, simply because i can get away with it and hit 7-8 for the first duel.

My favorites in this order are

Goblins (lvl 1)
Death P (lvl 1)
Tents (lvl 2)
Skellys (lvl 2)
Monsoon (lvl 2)
Acid (lvl 3)

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas or any preferences
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:01 pm

If you are using acid rain before first duel, you can get away with 2 points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:16 pm

welll i usually need the third point to get my farming going enough with my ult before i quit but ya i agree if it was strickly before the first duel 2 will suffice
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:54 pm

a lvl 1 flame strike is pretty good, only draw back is it leaves ur creeps fairly low health makin it easy for an opponet to snatch em if ur not quick enough lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:08 pm

I don't like picking flamestrike unless im gonna level it a lot, because having such a large mana cost early,i have devote my items towards a mana giving build which i like to build on, but it is valid
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:39 pm

I really... never... use single point farmers.

I think a 3 point investment is required of any famer if you want to... not suck.

I use a 3 point tent a lot... Same as acid rain; level 3-4 acid rain is quite strong, and will work until you are 13-14. Tents will last you until 10-11.

Really though, 1 point farmers are silly; it is a waste in most situattions. Unless that farmer can do multiple things (DP is anti-debuff, tents is anti-melee) then you would be better off using a bomb start and picking a non-useless skill.

Granted, the lot of you will go a 3-15-15-4 build (who makes it to lvl 40?)

or, even better, go for a farming ulti, and pick a more usable skill elsewhere. You can pick a lower investment "other" skill in that situation. a 3-4 point cripple is insanely strong. So is soul burn, terrify, ect. Thhere are so many better routes than attempting 1 point farmers.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Thats not the thing, some people like to have strong PvP skills early and mid game rather than having to dump a lot of points into a farming skill. Though i agree i think we have beaten the subject of 1 piont divine and vortex and ww etc etc to death i just wanted to get a new angle.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 pm

I wouldn't recommend low leveled farm skills but there are cases you can get away with off leveling them in favor of your pvp skill. This is a decent strategy on agility or strength for example a kind of silly but doable strategy for intelligence. You don't stop them at a key level however but rather at a point of time where you no longer need them. The skills I'm talking about are the more expensive ones that deal a high amount of damage for a higher mana cost. Take magic barrage at level 3 for example compare it to a level 5 breath of fire. Now you deal the same damage as a person main leveling breath of fire but your main leveling your pvp ability which might give you an advantage over them.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:01 pm

The reason why in the early game single point farmers are so effective in some situations though is because you have people spamming pots and ams. if you can auto attack w/ support skills better than your opponent you completely disregard to ams factor. I'm gonna say that will change a lot in the next edit as there are plenty of skills that can work around ams or easily destroy it at little/nocost to yourself. neway personally i always level acid to six and buy the missing skill point at the end. acid at 6 (especially on agi and str) supplements my farming like crazy. it's undeniably potent in duels and will force an opponent to be buying ams pots until they get at least 50 % magic resistance as acid rips through health like a hot knife through butter. to be fair i would main level monsoon for a very looong time. as it cant be blocked by ams. the min they pick up spell resist i'll stop but when you think about it theres nothing they can do to stop you save invest in bombs or some kind of stun themselves. and if your casting right they'll take at least 1-2 hits either way which is still some serious dmg if its being main leveled . goblins i can see level 1 imo since they dont really get any increased stats till level 4 and i wouldnt want to invest that many points in my farmer like that if i'm really focusing on other support skills or skills that supplement my auto attacking(granted i'll probably have something to help me farm after that like ele mastery, crit master, farming ult, ect). though we dont usually make it to 40 by level 30 whose skills are better suited to win the match? it varies from case to case but for the most part by level 24-30 your heavily relying on your auras like unholy, spiked, and your relying a lot on damage from auto attacking as you will have some semblance of attack speed. if you take this into account, the guy who main levels his farmer may be winning the early duels, but unless hes capitalizing on these wins and making sure his opponent does not level any farther, the person who has been increasing their auto attacking/pvp through passives, buffs, or debuffs ect will be able to turn duels. there is another situation in this regards and it involves heals. if you have holy light or flash heal or even chain heal and your leveling those before the first duel and grabbing your ams pot chances are you'll be winning the early duels as well, as the extra surplus of health will give you a distinct advantage over your opponent whose spells will probably not be passing through ams. honestly though its just how you play it out and what your going for. think about it from the perspective of careful's post. if i was main leveling a farmer such as bof, i would be on their side stealing as many creep spawns as possible to make up for the fact that i have a strong spell that can be blocked, so i must be ahead in the item building game. and if i'm only putting one point -five points into my farmer and relying on skills that benefit me in pvp then i have to make sure that i can still farm to put points into them and that i'm auto attacking very well as well to make sure i get the biggest "bang for my buck" since i'll be ignoring ams or casting in general.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:55 pm

I have to say i don't like having more than 1 straight farmer. I don't mind having 2 semi farmers and 1 straight farmer however, IE DP Static BloodBath with Holy. THis allows you to just Two or Three point DP while getting some nasty PVP and Semi Farmer material. not only that the other skills farm well as they are, just need a boost early
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 am

thats kind of silly having wasting a point in for 2point dp w/ chance on hits like bb and static which are left mainly up to chance. if your going to use a 2 point skill like dp i'd get unholy aura or spiked. having those leveled high early will give you a distinct advantage as apposed to static shock which is great when it procs and all but the passive farmer is meh farming at best imo. its the same principle behind stacking magic shields or getting a set armor or power set or holy light or juve ect. a shit ton of health can win you the early game.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 am

actually that is nothing like having unholy aura or spiked. neither helps you farm much faster. Dp has double usage where as spikes and unholy are not quite so useful, i would say borderline useless. furthermore, unholy and spikes won't do much for you early game unless you are gonna kite out DP's. Unholy early is just a waste at most u will regen mayb 50 hp where as 1 proc of anything will do much more damage. Unholy only works well mid and late where kiting serves a purpose, or you have enough time to make the regen count. early game is 99% about who has better nukes and more HP. damage and armor are really not taht important, so it more likely comes down to who picked HP bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Single Point Farmers!   Best Single Point Farmers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Single Point Farmers!
Page 1 of 1