Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Need a place to rant EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Need a place to rant EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Need a place to rant EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Need a place to rant EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Need a place to rant EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Need a place to rant EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Need a place to rant EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Need a place to rant EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Need a place to rant EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Need a place to rant I_vote_lcapNeed a place to rant I_voting_barNeed a place to rant I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Need a place to rant I_vote_lcapNeed a place to rant I_voting_barNeed a place to rant I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Need a place to rant

Go down 
+5
Felessar
blazinfast
Glorn2
epicpowda11
KJC
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

Need a place to rant Empty
PostSubject: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:47 am

So I am temperately living alone with this dog. Today, I took he's cookies bag out and left it beside me as I begin to browse this forum. Stretching as I read through the new posts, that's when the retarded dog went ape-shit on my feet. Reason being he thinks my feet will eat the bag of cookies - which I have not even given to him. He just freaking snapped, first couple chomps didn't penetrate the skin because it was directly on top of my joints' bones. But as he rapidly lock he's jaw down on me he manage to put a half inch deep open wound between the knuckle bones. Almost had to kick him when shouting wasn't enough to get him to stop. Seriously retarded dog with aggressive behavior, no freaking walk for him tomorrow or cookies this week. Now I am left with small hole in my feet that ooze blood out steadily with a numb / tingling sensation. I squeezed out all the blood and put a band-aid on it. But it's just one of those spot that you can't put a band-aid on properly. As the blood cools down it will form a tooth shaped clot. When the tissue regenerates around it will leave a little dent when I have to remove the clot. ( Had two similar experience on my finger nails, as the blood is accumulated underneath and had no way to exit; it eventually creates it's own path backwards into my finger after expanding it twice in width. When the nail finally came off I had to use a needle to clean the solidified clot inside my finger.) If that didn't paint a clear visual in you're head just imagine some horror movies. Now, as my rant reach this sentence I have forgiven the dumbass dog who crawls under my blanket to sleep with me every night. Now some random noobs is gonna experience some hardcore ownage on warcraft pretty soon. Also for your viewing pleasure and for taking the time to read this.
-pic related.
Need a place to rant Dscf0311
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:52 am

Read up on B.F. Skinners Theory of Behaviourism, apply it, then harden the fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5kH7civTo
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:12 am

Bite him on the snout until he whines; because we are all just animals. Or pick him up by the scruff of his neck and throw him outside.

Dogs dont understand word; and yelling at him is about the same as a dog barking at him through a car window.

Then again, this is coming from the same guy who has ran up to a pitbull who was chained up, exclaiming "who'se a good puppyyyyy?!" and continued to play with him.

Read up on Freudian theory, and ask yourself, "Does he just wanna have sex with his mother?" ... maybe he hates you because you had sex with his mother; and he thinks you stole her penis.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:43 pm

Heh. No. My aunt is the owner of the dog, not me. Never met the dog's mother. Wasn't there in he's childhood years, living else where back then. This dog is seven years old and go crazy when near water, doors, and vacuum. He bites the edges of the doors, bites water (I know.. he tries) and he also will attack the vacuum cleaner; some times even the mop.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:33 am

Quote :
Dogs dont understand word; and yelling at him is about the same as a dog barking at him through a car window.

Then again, this is coming from the same guy who has ran up to a pitbull who was chained up, exclaiming "who'se a good puppyyyyy?!" and continued to play with him.

Dogs understand words, they just don't have the vocal capacity to express them accurately, thus their brains never evolved in order to express language like we do. But yes, you can train a dog to do "X" when you say "Y". Same sort of thing as Pavlov's Classical Conditioning, except with sounds not taste. Furthermore, if the dog was trained well they do express shame/regret after yelling. It all depends on the training. Same as humans though, if you spoonfed your child and didn't educate them, then later in life say at work when they get their asses ripped out they won't understand why. Because the stimulus was never ingrained before hand.

And Pitbull's are awesome dogs if you direct their energy and train them correctly Razz.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:06 am

that is just what it is, conditioning. They don't learn English, they learn specific cues. Ask you dog in an excited voice if if wants to take a chive; or if he wants some snookie. (My dog loves taking rides, and we call her treats cookies) It is the same when parents think their 3 year old child can read; because you have read them the same book 4,192,033 times. The child has just memorized the entire string of words. Switch them around and put them on a different piece of paper, and you might as well ask the kid to read hieroglyphics.

They don't learn out language at all; they learn to relate certain sounds with certain food. Pavlov's theory with the dog, was that the dog would learn to relate the sound of the bell with food. Now, you can place the bell in front of the dog, and it would mean nothing. You could tie it to his collar, so it rang whenever he moved. After a week or two, he wouldn't get hungry when he heard the bell.

Say to your dog in a cute voice, while patting your legs, "Who'se a big dumb animal? I hate you, I hate you very much!" And he will be happy, and come over to play, and roll around loving you... Then, start shouting "I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" in an angry tone. He will run scared; or at least cower.

When words have no meaning, they are simply sounds. To animals, these words are sounds.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Fair enough, how do you explain human learning of language? It is learned in the exact same conditioning. Words are just different sounds said in different ways in which we respond to in certain ways. Teaching an infant to respond to "sit down" and a dog to "sit down" is conditioning in the exact same way. We respond to "sit down" because it draws a favorable response from the parents (Positive Reinforcement), not sitting down will illicit a infavourable response from said parent, which in turn will use a stimulus to enforce either a Postive or Negative punishment. This same technique is used in dog training. But every animals can respond to sounds it is one of the major courses of survival in the animal kingdom. Just because they can not speak it does not mean they can not understand it. Language is nothing more then an organisms response to "specific cues" the only difference is human ability to create and speak these specific cues in such a wide range
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:45 pm

.. just made a 2 page post, hit send, and internet was down.. so fuck this convo... imagine 2 pages of `prefrontal cortex` not doing it again!
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Haha, you got nothing.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:02 pm

FUCKING HELL!!!! I just typed 2 more pages, and hit send, and i was disconnected again...
the world really doesnt want me to verbally destroy your ficticious ideals!
Back to top Go down
blazinfast
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:36 pm

i may be wrong..... but

dont humans have a special capacity for language?
it is not simple conditioning but an innate skill is something i remember hearing.

this is not to say we cannot learn commands and other languages with conditioning
i just mean, the primary language learned in the first four years of life is stored in a completely different area of the brain than later learnt second languages and we also have a special capacity for understanding grammar.

maybe it is a combination of language conditioning and a special age in maturation that allows exceptionally increased intake of outside stimuli

Last edited by blazinfast on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blazinfast
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:44 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
.. just made a 2 page post, hit send, and internet was down.. so fuck this convo... imagine 2 pages of `prefrontal cortex` not doing it again!

u were going to suggest shoving a metal pole through the dogs head to change his personality?

and.... im not sure if this is true for dogs aswell but

our prefrontal cortex is the seat of good manners is often said. it also houses many functions of the brain such as long term planning and determining right and wrong.

our prefrontal cortex is not fully "grown into" our brain until the early twenties. this is not to say that the prefrontal cortex is inactive, it is just not fully connected to the rest of the brain.

this may account for why children act so impulsively, and have trouble differentiating between right and wrong. this may account for rambunctious puppies.

so. i guess what you could take from this is....
if your dogs a puppy, wait it out a year or two
if your dogs full grown, well you know what they say about old dogs and new tricks
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:28 pm

lol; it never really grows into animals.. it is responsible for our fight or flight response. where humans learn reason; however, communication is what really helps evolve that area of our brain.

and yes, humans also have an area of the brain that deals primarily with language; but it isny simply the learning of language we are talking about here; it is the conditioning of language, and what made language.. language. and what i mentioned in the 2nd post, that is gone forever; is that this ability to rationalize, using our prefrontal cortex, is what makes us `not animals`. However, without the ability to communicate over tens of thousands of years of evolution; we wouldnt have evolved into what we are today.

Or, if you want, you can say:

god made us speak english, god made it so dogs cant.

But that is the difficult way out (hard to believe that shit)

ending this post before i get disconnected
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Don't even bring up the "God" argument, it doesn't exist to me. Thats like when the churches said "God planted the dinosaur fossils there to test our faith" Ew. I have a feeling this is going to turn into one of our endless circle debates. Haha all I'm saying is language is nothing more then sounds/symbols in which we are conditioned to respond to in certain ways. And all animals can be conditioned to an extent to understand a basic sound means to do "x" action. A full understanding of language or a mastery over it is impossible as you have pointed out, but a basic say, toddler level can be achieved. But this all DEPENDS on training since they were a pup. It is impossible or at least extremely difficult to say take a dog mid-late life and try and teach him how to do all this. But if you ingrain this into their braiuns while they are molding they can understand NOT use language.
Back to top Go down
blazinfast
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 4:51 pm

it amazes me how we rationalize outside stimuli and confabulate memories to suit them.

i dont want to explain it all, but anyone who has knowledge about epilepsy treatments and the right/left brain studies will tell you we go to huge lengths to rationalize our world around us.

btw, while we are talking psychology, imo, god is just a projection of the parental figure (father in most cases) onto the universe.
life on this earth could have an alien genesis. it is possible that a being of higher intellect started life here. after all, there are some organisms that could not have been brought about by evolution. take for example the bacterial flagellum. it has irreduceable complexity. that means, take any one part out of it and it will cease to function
evolution states that organisms evolved through gradual steps that can function on their own. ex. humans could not have evolved from somehting that couldnt survive.

btw, the whole omnipotent, benevolent and omniscient god believed in by many many people, in my opinion, cant exist any more than a round square

but always remember
just because we have chiseled abbs and stunning features doesnt mean we too cant die in a freak gasoline fight accident.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:42 pm

I don't disagree at all about higher life. Because:

A) Probability is applicable to everything. In a Universe that is infinetly ever expanding, it is really mathematically impossible that all life in the entire Universe exists on one planet upon infinite numbers.

B) If we were the highest order of life in the Universe that is very pathetic.

C) Human evolution all of a sudden hit a massive overdrive with Homo Sapiens, actually one of the fastest evolving species we hjave ever seen. In 6,000 years (since time of Ancient Greece) look how much has changed. Our techonological innovations do not really match up what else surrounds us in the this, leaving all sorts of possibilities.

But yes, I agree with you have an omnipotent being created this world and now sits till the end of time watching his little creations and subsequently judging them to see if they will be allowed into his "Heaven" is completely illogical. It's is like a Master Architect creating one Skyscraper, then pulling up a lawn chair and staring at it for the rest of his life.

Quote :
just because we have chiseled abbs and stunning features doesnt mean we too cant die in a freak gasoline fight accident.

GTL 4 LYFE...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 10:25 pm

look at how tiny an atom is. makes you wonder how small earth is, on comparison to the things we dont know exist.

Stand on a beach, with a single grain of sand on your finger. There are more atoms in that single grain of sand, than there are grains of sand on that beach.

With how tiny and insignificant we are, we NEED to believe in something bigger, to prevent suicide. If you believe in the big bang theory; earth, and much of the galaxy; some would offer, the universe, was created about 4 billion years ago.

we have been around for about 60,000 years. We have been `civilized` for less than 10,000.

10,000/4,000,000,000=400,000 that is, .004% of the time that this place has existed.

We as humans, are about as important as a single persons, single blink is, to the entire species.

doesnt it make you wish someone out there cared about us?
Back to top Go down
blazinfast
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:11 am

gun toting lesbians 4 lyfe

i wouldnt say we need higher beings to prevent suicide

i would say we appear to need them only because of our path of least resistance habits
they provide easy answers

we need to strip ourselves of these false gods and realize that we dont need to have faith, we need reason.

yes we are all shadows and dust and in the end all our efforts are for nothing. but right now we are something. we give events and people importance in our lives. we live and breath, we feel and numb ourselves. even if it were all for nothing, i would still want to be here, living and breathing.

and no, i dont feel alone in the universe, i have my dog right beside me
also, i dont know if that last line was projection or a joke

also, somehting i have been wrapping my head around for a while.

is the mind more of a being like a horse or activity like eating
can the mind just be? or is it only measurable when functioning.
could it be that the ages of religions emphasizing the soul has stopped us from taking it for what it is, very specialized functions operating solely for the purpose of reproduction and survival

imo, our identity i a combination of our memory, sensory experiences and perspective in relation to others.

btw, im a materialist, if you couldnt tell

ps: if i brought christmas to iraq do you think it would help my rep?
Back to top Go down
blazinfast
Average Player
Average Player

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:25 am

Glorn2 wrote:
look at how tiny an atom is. makes you wonder how small earth is, on comparison to the things we dont know exist.

Stand on a beach, with a single grain of sand on your finger. There are more atoms in that single grain of sand, than there are grains of sand on that beach.

With how tiny and insignificant we are, we NEED to believe in something bigger, to prevent suicide. If you believe in the big bang theory; earth, and much of the galaxy; some would offer, the universe, was created about 4 billion years ago.

we have been around for about 60,000 years. We have been `civilized` for less than 10,000.

10,000/4,000,000,000=400,000 that is, .004% of the time that this place has existed.

We as humans, are about as important as a single persons, single blink is, to the entire species.

doesnt it make you wish someone out there cared about us?

i want to tell this to a global warming activist

btw, im with weeds, global warming is gods plan, jk its just the earth fending off a parasidic species known as homosapiens

also, you hear how in ten years pennicillin will be ineffective because if evolution.
i wonder what the creationist will say then
Back to top Go down
Felessar
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:10 pm

blazinfast wrote:
take for example the bacterial flagellum. it has irreduceable complexity.

Irreducible complexity is a fallacy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNjYyeqelQ&feature=related 6 mins. in the Biologist Kenneth Miller shows scientific proof it's wrong. Sorry I watched that whole episode and don't like people either intentionally or not spreading false information.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:13 pm

1. this thread might be the most interesting thing i have read in like 2 years, but yet somehow when i am done i dont feel any more enlightened...maybe i need to read more

2. you people need jesus... but i wont say anything on that except to blazinfast's comment about our need to follow the path of least resistance, and on that all i will say is that even IF the rest of what you said made total and complete sense and i completely agreed with it, that single line effectively destroyed your credibility as a contributing member of society.

3. if your dog bites you when you get close to his water or cookies, dont get close to his water or cookies. im tired of seeing people calling in cesar milan because when their blind pug gets flipped over on its back it gets viciously angry. really? why are you forcing your blind pug onto its back? stupid
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:39 pm

1: Good post from verti

2: youtube means nothing. Scientists on t.v mean nothing. You do know that a scientist, using wrong information, and performing wrong tests, PROVED that the holocaust never happened. If that was the only video you saw about the holocaust, you would believe it was fake, because that is how it is presented. If a 6 minute video on youtube is enough to sway your opinion on something, stay the fuck out of my conversations!

3) The official religion debate is in another thread; sure, take some shots here at science vs religion, you can chose to have faith in a science you dont understand; or to have faith in a father you dont understand. Either way, what makes us humans is that we can question our existence.

Ask your dog why he is here. At best, he will cock his head sideways, and you will get a chuckle from it. At worst, he will shit in your shoe while you sleep tonight, as a way of expressing his ideas more clearly to you.... good boy!
Back to top Go down
Felessar
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Actually Glorn it's a 50 minute Episode of the BBC Science education series Horizons not a random 6 minute youtube video.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:53 pm

oOoo, BBC... if you listed any other organization ever, I would have to talk down apon it... but the BBC is the only news organization that still follows the long and narrow.

I didnt even care about the topic of w/e was being discussed though.. I just really felt like talking about the holocaust.

But yeahhh, BBC!
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:35 pm

I don't look at "Did God create us?" I look at "Who created God?"

I think religious people should look at the second question first, if anything.

I myself, do not believe in a Supreme Being, or anything else similar to that in any, way, shape or form. However, what also makes no sense is the Cell Theory.

"All life must come from previous life." So, that in itself is about as backwards as the God rationalization.

Religion is just a large source of personnal morales that people can follow. It gives them something to believe in. However, when people start to actually believe a Divine Being is up in the clouds, they are starting to miss the point. We all know the only one up there is the big man in the clouds, Lando.

@Glorn, for anyone who doesn't believe the Holocaust actually happened, is - to put it bluntly - a ****ing retard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a place to rant   Need a place to rant Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a place to rant
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next