Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
knowing what items to get EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
knowing what items to get EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
knowing what items to get EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
knowing what items to get EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
knowing what items to get EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
knowing what items to get EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
knowing what items to get EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
knowing what items to get EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
knowing what items to get EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
knowing what items to get I_vote_lcapknowing what items to get I_voting_barknowing what items to get I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
knowing what items to get I_vote_lcapknowing what items to get I_voting_barknowing what items to get I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

knowing what items to get

Go down 
+3
Mr.Blonde
Pissonmyhands
komander999
7 posters
AuthorMessage
komander999
Unranked
Unranked

knowing what items to get Empty
PostSubject: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 am

hihi everybody im new here and i just had my first ever random game....i sucked.....
i was guessing because my items were like stupid...
so i was wonder what items should i get basing on a str hero
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 am

check out the thread "i'm talking item builds" in the builds board many of the players offer very good advice on item building. If it helps you at all i start out w/ avengers mail now for all my str item builds and if i need int i just rush an early crown Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:29 am

my advice, just learn all the items and their basic stats, i know that sounds overwhelming, but that is the best thing you can do.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm

a lot of people completely overlook items.. and.. well... this is one of the few games where items are just as important as skills. You can have "the best build in the world" and with the wrong items, get your ass kicked. you can also have 6 immortal items, and lose to someone who only has 1; if you have the wrong skills.

As charge said, you really gotta have a good understand of allllll the items, in order to know what items to pick. every game is diff. based on your skills, and your opponents skills, and the level differences, and your allies... ect.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
komander999
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:24 pm

OMG that would be so much work!!!
but i guess it worth winning every game
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:11 pm

even that doesnt win you games. break it down to builds-items-micro. if you cant control your hero properly then its over. lots of factors make up a good cha game :p gl but learning those items will definitely help you in the area of item builds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:51 pm

WELL to give you a more concrete answer: bombs. a player who can build up items with his peon while moving around the map using the basic bobs (1200g? in the consumable items shop) can easily reach lvl 7, and if one of his skills are crits or something of the sort, lvl 8 isnt very far away at all. after that, get another 10 bombs after the second duel to help u farm a bit faster. by the end of thethird duel you should be fine with regular items that give decent str and agi.

******edit******

my suggestion above was based off the idea that you randomed ( as kommander did) and have no farming

Last edited by i_4got_my_user on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:51 pm

the above is a "silly" and "unique" tactic... While it is fun, and can sometimes work out decently, in a real game, you should not use it unless you have a team strat based around it.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:32 am

lol if ur using bombs plz hit at least level 9 otherwise its absolutely useless
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:11 am

You guys realize random is bizzaro world right? You have 3 skill builds you get in random complete and total early game meaning you get a qucik lead and then camp. Usually your given this type of build on Marine or Hunter who has literally no chance in hell of using said build. You have the purlely late game build you know the one consisting of Death Strike, Combat, Rejuve, Crit Master usually thrown on Siren or Preist for some strange reason. And the near no sense builds take this one Ive randomed tonight Spell Breaker (Mark of the Warrior, Bone Wall, Phantom Bolt, Dust Storm) usually thrown on the most slowest of moving heroes. (the really fucked up part my team won while I was intentionally using PB hoping for the fatal)

Any ways build around the weaknesses for example a spell spam Hunter? Build a Crown

DPS Priest take a fucken side lane and buy an orb to start.

Fuck Up build thats near unusable prey the other team sucks and try your best.

Always improvise but common sense is common sense if your build requires mana get fucken mana. If your builds dps get attack speed and armor items best fitting your stats.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:45 am

I'd pretty much say in summation everyone is right to a certain degree. if your looking for a completely memorized item build to follow chances are you probably wont find one that suits you best. These top level players could give you their own item builds from the last game they played against each other and it'd mean nothing to you in the long run. you'll have to work up your own way of item building that complements your play style, your characters strengths and weaknesses(like what sharky said), and finally your opponents strengths and weaknesses. Since the last of the 3 factors varies each game so must your item build adapt to the changes. This is where what charged and glorn recommended comes in handy b/c it allows you to readily adapt to these changes.

for example

Player A has a positive buff (ie frost shield, juve, or restore). Item counter is a stone or lightning orb.

Player B has a heavy hitting melee hero. Grab an early-midgame helm of the wargod for spiked return dmg.

Player C has banish nuke. grab an ams for duels, build totemic set for hp and to avoid getting kited, grab a scepter of primarch for health, grab a shield for magic resistance.

Off of these counters also realize that these items can build up to other items. (ie lightning orb to a lightning weapon or shield, helm of the wargod to pantheon, totemic set to speed set ect.) using that and what Sharky was talking about ( building items for your own needs) that is how you item build well :p

PS

If that explanation really doesnt cut it for you, and you still have trouble, I've got a few basic item builds that will help GUIDE (not win) you through the majority of your games while allowing you room for customization based on the 3 factors discussed earlier. I really dont wanna type them up atm but if you find yourself REALLY STRUGGLING then I'd be more than happy to help you out.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 pm

basically for items if you wnna get any good at them your going to have to use random shit every game and watch what your weaknesses are when creeping and pvping
then go to the items and find an item that would fix that weakness
repeat this until you understand how to use all items in the game in all situations
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knowing what items to get   knowing what items to get Empty

Back to top Go down

knowing what items to get
Page 1 of 1