Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! I_vote_lcapCustom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! I_voting_barCustom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! I_vote_lcapCustom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! I_voting_barCustom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!

Go down 
+9
Soul_Thirst
sami_gurl
carefulibite
Britlind
SlvrSrfr
i_4got_my_user
Terraptus2
KJC
Glorn2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! Empty
PostSubject: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Changed the name again. Considering this is no long anything like old CHA. Seems kinda silly to call it an update to an old map.

So, the Name is Custom Hero Arena Revolutions

It is also public. Get the map from me, or one of the people who have it! Prolly in a week or two I will release an edit with fewer bugs.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 6:26 pm

cool, wish I can have more time for this
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 3:08 pm

**This post is basically the same as the one posted on the old forum so no need to read if you somehow see the other first**

The reasons I started cha were because it didn't take me long to figure out how to beat up pubs in it. Then I learned from peonyou and learned how to properly play and be able to beat anyone (not all the time though) I have come to realize that there is such a thing as "too balanced" and "too many options for how to play it" , also, the average game getting much longer was very annoying. I liked being able to ending via ganking.

The original formula for the game was effective. It just needed bugs fixed and a few useful features added to it. The problem is that it got old after a while. I now realize that the answer is not to expand the map (I think most of the new fan base came about as a result of the bots that constantly host matches) The answer is to use the same formula and design a completely different game of CHA with different items and skills (not a butt ton of them like in recent cha and possibly keeping some old ones) and remaking the terrain and enemies. The comeback factor could be a good thing but you should be careful not to make it too easy to come back.

Having a handful of great builds was fun and much closer to the original formula of cha. New versions do not have to come out quite so fast either and when they do they should try not to change things too much. I do think that Lab was too slow in new versions and changes though. Relearning the entire game deterred the old players from staying. I remembered revamped to be very fun despite its lack of significant change.(It would have been better with a little more change probably but not a ton more) Some of the early edits from Glorn were nice too imo. I am not opposed to change as long as it does not change the basic formula of the game. I realize that many of these things are probably went into the new cha Glorn finished, but, I wanted to share my input on it as well.

If thats what the game is like then count me in because I'm comming back full force to the game.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:37 pm

well.... TOTALLY new terrain and layout, new tileset, new skills, a bazillion heroes, 1 more archon, completely new rag quest and a whole new base layout. i dont think the formula to keeping it fun has changed... at all... in no such way

one thing that you will like is the fact that ganking is the main part of the game now. (or so it has been in all of the 4.0 games ive played)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:47 pm

hmmm, while CHA is a brand new game, I took it back at the same time. A 4v4 can easily be hosted now, which I really enjoy.

Overall, with skills, items and heroes, you will always have to learn what does what best. But as far as skilled gameplay goes, it always stays the same. Peonyou quit for almost a year, came back, and within 2 weeks, was one of the best 5 players again. Why? although skills, heroes, and items may change, the game is still the same.

Games now are MUCH shorter, IMO. And with a team switch function, you never have to worry about a 1v3. And with a full team duels mode, you might enjoy a 1v3.

I took out a lot of nooby modes. There were far too many noob modes; and they are all gone. No more bonus stats, no noob mode, no fast leveling.

I brought the concept of PVP back to the game, with the 6 kinda centerized creep spawns, crossing boarders is common-play. In a 4v4 pub last night, people playing the game for the first time were attempting a lot of ganks.

This isnt much like you will remember it, and it is taking many people a while to adjust to; but I coded the map so as they it will be very easy to fine-tune, and I shouldn't have to release MAJOR edits very often. Maybe the occasional hero pack, spell pack, or item pack; just to keep it fun; but I dont want to game to rely on those things.

Anyway terra, nice to have you back! play the game 3-4 times before you judge it; there is a lot to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 11:40 pm

I think instead of adding to the game you should replace things instead. Like replace items and replace skills. That way it won't get so bloated like the previous versions were. : P (the tongue face is a smirk face for me and always has been btw) alright I think I'll give it a whirl.
Back to top Go down
SlvrSrfr
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
SlvrSrfr

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:33 pm

I'm enjoying it. The last thing i wanted was to have to learn a whole new game i.e. builds/characters. I'd much rather see (as you have done) keep certain things the same but then add more. Also love that tint is back
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:43 pm

I really like this, agree with slvr. Only thing i dont like is the rag quest deal with no items like armor/ sword and no lich queen anymore. Dont know if it is diff enuf to warrant a whole new game series title, but ill take your word for it
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Doesnt revolution have to do with politics mainly since when is cha political?
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:11 pm

the entire map layout is completely different? what more do you want britlind?!
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

and no careful, revolution can mean that. but it can also mean to come full circle, or to make a large change to something..

Political is part of it, you can have a political revolution.. but there was also an industrial revolution, an agricultural revolution... even tires spinning can be called a revolution..

+1 for lessons about grammar!
^_^
Back to top Go down
Britlind
Smart Player
Smart Player
Britlind

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 4:17 pm

Haha no what i meant was most of the gameplay style is the same and the items are pretty similiar. I know the whole map is new, but when i look at the switch between old cha and the unlimited series, it was a lot more of a gameplay difference. Btw, this is informed as i DID play the old vers when wrath hosted it one time. Thats all I am saying. But I really like the new map, white is way better than red Razz
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:56 pm

^--"white is way better than red" is that racism against native americans?

its a complete overhaul of the map. i think its worthy of the name change

^_^ whoever actually gave me +1 for my grammar/definition skills, you are awesome!
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:15 pm

ur welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 pm

ladies and gentlemen, (myself included sometimes) lets watch our +1 plugging, or post counts will have to be readjusted accordingly. When in doubt, use the chatbox (im all alone in there)
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:18 pm

huh? u saying we shouldnt do it? or do it more often? o.O

Last edited by i_4got_my_user on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soul_Thirst
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:22 pm

the rag quest needs to be made a bit easier, because 100% of my games have ended long before it was possible to do.

New ultis and heros are awesome.

-killing elemental resets scoreboard (happens every time)

-sometimes when u die u never respawn (happened once so far in CHAR beta 2)
Back to top Go down
IWANT2CRUSHU
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 pm

How do u make the pantheon armor in the beta vers.?
Back to top Go down
IWANT2CRUSHU
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 pm

ok, i got the answer, thanks .
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Beta11 is on that site, DL it, put it on bots, use it.
Back to top Go down
Bergie08
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Bergie08

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 pm

How often do you expect the current brand of Custom Hero Arena to last? How long before someone or glorn developes a new twist to the favorite gotta test my skillz game? For me I played the old CHA about 3.4 years ago and just recently got into b.net again and into chao. Maby its only me thinking this but pick everybody's brain and remake custom hero arena all over again. at least on the side until we can see how viable or worthwhile it would b.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:05 pm

are you saying he should remake it again? or that you might want to? he hasnt even finished revolutions yet lol. but from what i understand he does intend to remake it for SC2 if that ever comes out.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 pm

so much intent, so little time...

I am getting ready to finally have this out as a "final edit" not to say it wont be edited, but, an edit that wont have bugs, and can have a shelf life of a few months, like unlimited 2.0 and 3.0 did. between the two of them, a solid 6 months passed; but there was a huge update switching from one to another. I wanna get back into that pattern; but it takes a very solid, bug-less base to get there.
Back to top Go down
Bergie08
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Bergie08

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:15 am

I dont understand the finer points of making a map yet. Its like drowning i've found. But I would love to help/make my own map in time. And apoligies if anyone felt like i was dissatisfied with the current version. I merely have a hunger for more. Where in the fourm do we discuss map building? Other stuff?
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:08 pm

after the final edit will that be it for a couple months and will i have a stable set of time to make my tutorial? or will there be a few skill packs here and there w/ some minor bug fixes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!   Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Hero Arena Revolutions!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next