Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
custom hero arena EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
custom hero arena EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
custom hero arena EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
custom hero arena EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
custom hero arena EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
custom hero arena EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
custom hero arena EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
custom hero arena EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
custom hero arena EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
custom hero arena I_vote_lcapcustom hero arena I_voting_barcustom hero arena I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
custom hero arena I_vote_lcapcustom hero arena I_voting_barcustom hero arena I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

custom hero arena

Go down 
+2
Orimis
Azrael_Zephon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Azrael_Zephon
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Azrael_Zephon

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:58 pm

since when cha was made?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Azrael_Zephon
Orimis
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:39 am

I played old non Glorn versions in 2006.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 9:01 am

2005 is when slayerdragon was working on it. 2005-2006 was slayerdragon. Then kyzerdrood picked it up, and made a slightly different edit (added a couple heroes, changed a few small things).

After that, is when it really started to spring. I forget the guys name, but some Korean and his brother made Custom Hero Arena X in the 2007 area. He didnt know how to edit, he copy/pasted all new skills from the hive workshop, and set the tileset to winter. This caused only 1 creep to spawn.

Around this time is when Labmonkey started his editing of CHA. He got an unprotected version of it, and permission from slayerdragon (who hasnt been seen since). Due to the unprotection process, the triggers were really messed up, and labmonkey couldnt really edit any existing triggers. He added in a bunch of new modes though, including BYO mode, where you bought tomes for your heroes to chose their stats. This quickly became a problem when various bugs became known. He also added some terrain change commands, which caused insane amount of lag; but were really cool looking none-the-less. In 5.4b he added a cheat to the game, to get a lot of gold. He didn't mess much with new skills or heroes. In fact, in a year of editing, he added neither, and 90% of the skills remained untouched.

At the same time, FyUoCuK........ was editing the 6.X version of the game. He however, retriggered the entire game from scratch. In doing so, he was able to create many new modes, and make the game much more stable. 6.2 was his last edit, and was still the most popular CHA for nearly a year afterwards. (after I had started editing, sadface)

I started editing in... mid-late 2008? Around there, based on labmonkey's existing edit, which I found an unprotected version of in my maps folder; that iron_maiden has been tampering with. My earliest edits, I had no understanding at all of triggering. I just opened the object editor, and looked at skills. From playing the game for nearly 2 years, and arriving at #1 in the game, I knew which skills were useless, and tried to edit the numbers on skills. With minor success, the long-time CHA players really liked the changes, from having 2-3 usable builds. With a lot of support, especially from Terraptus, I continued to edit skills. Slowly, I learned to add heroes. I went through the old hero and item suggestion thread on the old forum, and added as many suggestions as I could understand how to do. These were my "unlimted" series maps. I finally started learning how to do small triggers in unlimited 2.0. Very small. Most of my triggers were copy/paste/edit of older, similar triggers. The map now had old, uneditable triggers, labmonkeys triggers to patch over them, and my new triggers, trying to patch over both of them. the game couldn't handle this, and would crash often. Finally learning a bit about triggering, I started with a blank map, and completely remade everything in CHA (and made sure it was all well organized in the editor, in case someone else ever takes over). This is CHA-Revolutions.

A complete history of CHA-editors.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:53 pm

I can remember almost all of that happening glorn... good stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
Azrael_Zephon
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Azrael_Zephon

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:17 am

wow, so, i've played a map from oter editors?!! awesome, im sicne 2006 in the forum, and well, i remembered that my first match was with random heros, and honestly i really liked it, had crappy skill tho, but i was like, AWESOME, then my first lesson was with wrathtoruin when the clans were splited Bnet and Chao they told me a build, it was, sylvanas, with monsoon, divine shield, guardian guard and avatar, from then i've played cha always :3 thx for the hard work Glorn
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Azrael_Zephon
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:09 am

All ability were unuseable why because you didnt have the mana to spam them. Suddenly items get introduced and mana becomes available and bam their unuseable. Still many cling to the past and masturbated to passive attacking why because greater orbs were like 1200 gold thats right 1200 gold while the stats items cheapest was like 1400... Suddnely they get boosted up to 2200 and lazy asses discover with mana that the spells were badass. So badass in some cases they were even nerfed... True story...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 pm

In some areas, the above post isnt too wrong. In others, it is. The mana part is completely wrong. In old edits, you got much more mana from every point of int. Spells did less damage and were on longer cooldowns. Using something like chain light could farm about as fast as something like death strike. Spiked armor granted 5 armor per point, while frost armor granted like, 4, and the cooldown was high, duration low. AMS was a joke, because spells were a joke (except for banish+nova). You couldnt gain nearly the same max HP in older edits; however every point of armor was 3X as powerful; making life regen that much more powerful.

Since those edits, pretty much every passive has been buffed since then also.

Also, true that orbs now cost more. Take into account that while orbs used to cost 1200; the starting gold also used to be 1200. Now they are 2200, and starting gold is 2200. What this allows is for players to start with say "infused cloak" which before, you couldn't start with. Granted, to buy 3-4 orbs now, would be expensive; compared to spending 1200. However, you can gain more stats (attack speed, damage, life) from that gold now.

Pretty much every argument your provided was wrong. "It is dark, so the sun must not exist" good argument. That is a good addition to the overall timeline of changes that brought this from an "auto attack" to "skill based" game.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:01 am

Rofl well ya know trolling but Im not wrong on the spamming part you couldnt cast anything more then once without strength rod. Actaully I just played an old school edit 1.6 would you beleive the loading takes longer then todays versions.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 1:04 pm

The loading difference is due to the widgetizer I use, that didn't exist back in 2005. It transforms all map files into an SLK format, which is easier to load and run, and I dont fully understand the process, but it increases map loading time by a lot.

In fact, in current CHA, if I didnt preload all of the units, items and skills into the game, load times would be a solid 40-60 seconds faster. However, you would have intense lag spikes every time a new hero was picked, a new skill cast, or new item obtained. Widgetizers dont do anything for pre-loading, sadly...
Back to top Go down
fmdragon
Average Player
Average Player
fmdragon

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

sad part is i remember when slayer was around i miss him he had good items for the map too. just i dont think he really cared even though your do a great job on it glorn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/danlowthewild
Sponsored content

custom hero arena Empty
PostSubject: Re: custom hero arena   custom hero arena Empty

Back to top Go down

custom hero arena
Page 1 of 1