Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Melee Advantage Over Ranged I_vote_lcapMelee Advantage Over Ranged I_voting_barMelee Advantage Over Ranged I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Melee Advantage Over Ranged I_vote_lcapMelee Advantage Over Ranged I_voting_barMelee Advantage Over Ranged I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Melee Advantage Over Ranged

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dameon
Nooblet
Nooblet

Melee Advantage Over Ranged Empty
PostSubject: Melee Advantage Over Ranged   Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:59 pm

I have noticed a bug, I don't belive you will be able to fix this bug short of triggering all the abilitys, which is just a pain to do, but I still wanted to let you know about bug.

This bug has to do with critical strike, bash, and avatar and rather the unit is melee or ranged.

If a ranged unit attacks a avatared unit it will not be able to critical strike or bash the unit. Reason being is because with ranged heros both bash and critical strike are considered magic abilitys.
(This also brings another problim into the mix, a ranged hero's critical strike will be reduced by the magic reduction of the items.)

Now with melee hero's it is defrent, there attacks are not magic based, so they are able to critical and bash a avatared unit and the item magic reduction has no effect on damage.

Put simpley Melee>Ranged.

If you doubt me on this it is easy to try for your self. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Melee Advantage Over Ranged   Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 6:29 pm

Actually its a little weird Im not one for mechanics but have read into bash and crits.

Range
Although Crit will not trigger on avatar units its only reduced by physical damage reduction
Although Bash will not stun you still will deal the bonus damage reduced by physical damage reduction. No Bash or Crit can Trigger on the same attack.

Melee (well you right melee just kicks ass rofl though they cant really kite)
Crit will trigger if avatared or not
Although melee units still stun the added damage they do is magic hence reduce by magic reduction

The question then becomes exactly what magic damage does avatar block its a known fact avatar does not make one immune to all magic damage so does a Melee hero with Enhance Magic Attack or Pulverize still deal the bonus damage? For examples of abilities that are clearly reduced by magic reduction but still damages avatared units look no further then most of the ultimates, in some cases it blocks damage but not the ability.

Messing with some of your heads a little in all honestly I have no clue about what Im talking about or do I?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Melee Advantage Over Ranged   Melee Advantage Over Ranged EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 7:24 pm

yeah, believe it or not.. the mechanics of ranged and melee bashes and crits are posted on the forums... 7-8 times. like.. seriously... 7-8 times... and everything posted here.. and i mean, EVERYTHING, has been said at least 5 times.

glad we could have this talk though.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melee Advantage Over Ranged   Melee Advantage Over Ranged Empty

Back to top Go down

Melee Advantage Over Ranged
Page 1 of 1