Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Subject- Build Jacking EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Subject- Build Jacking EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Subject- Build Jacking EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Subject- Build Jacking EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Subject- Build Jacking EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Subject- Build Jacking EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Subject- Build Jacking EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Subject- Build Jacking EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Subject- Build Jacking EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Subject- Build Jacking I_vote_lcapSubject- Build Jacking I_voting_barSubject- Build Jacking I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Subject- Build Jacking I_vote_lcapSubject- Build Jacking I_voting_barSubject- Build Jacking I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Subject- Build Jacking

Go down 
+5
jarjar
Glorn2
imsofattest
accursed
didnotmeanto
9 posters
AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Subject- Build Jacking Empty
PostSubject: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 am

This is in part inspired by Kon's topic an unpleasant experience but thinking into it more wether you know it or not you, your brother, your mother, your father, your sister, your friend, your enemy, your dog, your fish, your cat, bird, tree, chair whatever any one who plays video games is infarct a build jacker. The term build jacker gets thrown around in such a negative light and Im thinking yea so? Where do people get off getting so possessive its just a fucken game for crying out loud if they steal your build its simply paying homage. God back when I was playing seriously and not this mess around toying crap I do now people build jacked all the time and they still do it today. But today you got these ass clowns getting all butt sore about it. Get over your self or whatever person your playing fan boy to.

Comments like "Did you get that off a web site" Fuck you seriously who cares if a person got it of a web site obviously its effective. Besides if a person takes the time to write down a build on tips or tricks or guides or builds dont I at least owe it to them to play their builds at least once before I praise or say how shitty it is.

Again so you know EVERY ONE BUILD JACKS AND IF THEY SAY THEY DONT THEYRE LYING TO YOU.

So Enough of this shit we all do it or have done it so shut the fuck up and move on and kill this term.

HA HA YOU READ THIS ROFL LOL Question of the Day Where does the Term ROFLCOPTER come from?
Back to top Go down
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 1:55 am

People who complain about recurring builds are silly for a number of reasons, but my favourite answer to them is a simple fact: I could give them the exact build I used, and they'd still lose.

People who think that the key to success is knowing a combination of four skills, know nothing about CHA.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:15 am

i couldnt agree with accursed more
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:27 am

I like to copy my opponents build. Sadly, I cant anymore, because I removed the ability to see what skills they picked.

I recall a long time ago, there were 5-6 usable skills, and 3 heroes used. I mean; if 10 people played the game, half of them were build thieves!

I really do dislike people who copy my item and hero build step-by step 100%. I can understand wanting to use my build, because i kicked your ass with it... But when a talentless ass clown is using a build they dont know how to use; but can follow a guide to starts bragging... This doesnt go for my builds; but builds in general. I dont care about anyone using my build; I just hope people also try to use their own builds.

Hell, I say "I nerfed tents" and no one uses it...

I started using guardian ward... guess what is the most popular skill now? It was the same in 2.1! Absorb mana is gonna be the next "cool" FYI. I made slow ward cool in unlimited beta. MS in 2.0.

There are many skills that are unused, but are good. People are just too afraid to try something new; so they copy what that have seen other people use. THAT is what pisses me of. But, I am the one who has spent literally hundreds of hours making all the skills usable -just to see everyone using the same 20 skills. I have the right to be pissed :p

Anyway didnot; you gotta shoot the LOLERSKATERS with ROFLCOPTER and drop WTFBOMBS on them. Keep your FTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFTFT'S going; or you die.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:07 am

Eh what is Tents/Spike/Rejuve/Reinc but a different spin on Fireward version of it and what was fire ward but a guy bored of using Death Strike all the time. In truth it was an answer to Terraptus who coeincdently stole his build from a guy who stole it from CreepyShadow. (2 names nobody would know but me and a few others) Things take time and it gets very discouraging to use new builds when you have to be on all the time. Point being changing 1 skill does not make one original. We all build jack its sad but true. 4 skills may not make or break the game but it does make or break how well your hero does in that game well that and pure dumb luck.

Item builds you have guys going into this going uh what do I do? Mean while theyre looking at a guy whos playing roughy the same hero type as them doing well and then poof I know I do what hes doing. Ask your self have you ever ask a person when you were a somewhat begginner what build they were using hell I see season pros do it sometimes. Glorn you should know because your the map maker you know every thing there by any item build you do is Law!!! Dude hes the map maker obviously he knows the most imba things to get.

Beginers steal builds from the pros
Pros play the same builds over and over
The guys inbetween create and become pros for a day until the pros steal and theyre back in the middle of the pack again.

Now Im being incredibly unfair but somebody somewhere has likely used the build your using before you have. My point is so what? Its been done before and it will be done again.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 3:40 am

lmao, didnot.. I actually remember the guy who stole that build from creepy. He beat me with it; so I told terra to play him with it. then terra lost to it; and started using it... This was wayyyy back when I was like, just a grunt, maybe even peon...

I cant for the life of me remember the guys name; but he was clanless at the time, and I feel as though he had some unused letter in his name, like X or something... He was also the one who made Troll Priest popular; before I beat those builds with naga, and everyone started using naga.

Everyone copies my skills and items; but as the creator, I know exactly how balanced things are. I dont even use the best skills; I use skills that work with my playstyle. I loveeee armor! Always have! I love chain light; but like 6 other offensives can farm better and pvp better than it. I get rejuv just to force my opponent to get a light orb. (I love rank 1 rejuv)

Some of the better players, like kon... and... kon... use different item and hero builds than me. It just gets annoying when I play a pub game, and see 6 guys using my farseer/tentacles/hex or spikes/juv/reinc build. So, I come up with a counter; and people start trying my counter. Luckily, the counter was much harder to use. Soul Burn, Holy light, Acid Rain, Avatar with a light orb of course. It was so effective; I was using it on battlemage. Melee int against a tents/spikes build is lol.

What I like about a lot of noob pubs; is sometimes they get a random build because they pick slow.. and they DO GOOD! Then, I can pick out what made them good; and test it in various builds.

I still havent unleashed my best build for this edit though :p Im thinking something along the lines of Rexxy! Would be fun to bring him back into the spotlight. (as everyone starts testing rexxy builds)
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 4:06 am

... rexy?
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwww

how could anything melee be a new glorn serious build?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:29 am

Lmao; IDK, but if I make an idiotic build and beat people with it, they will think it is the best. So many people are horrid at this game but think they are good, so it wouldnt be too difficult.

It doesn't matter what the best build is; it only matters what I beat people with :p

BTW, my current OP melee build is Slithery, Vamp, Spikes, Guardian, Ava.
You may think "but why" and I will answer you... My item build contains Scepter of prim, Immortals Shield, Immortals Helm, and 3 Scepters of the holy defender or w/e. Something about that much life regen (combined with 36% from vamp) is hilarious. this build can hold its own early game, and unless you could swap spikes for evasion (destroying your ability to level and make it to end game) I doubt you could find a much more OP build. 1.9 BAT is FTW!
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:32 am

wtf is an immortals helm?
and that sounds pretty nasty but um... how do you level again?
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:07 am

We all know the best Rexy build is of course Feedback,StunField,Enhance Magic Attack, and Crit Master.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 am

I am more partial to Pulverize, Evasion, Magic Attacks, Mirrors. with all passives, It is damn hard to pick out the right rexxy!

With said build, I also like to armor rush. that is, 3 magic shields to start (hey, 18 armor and 12 all stats aint bad!) 3 magic shields=pro!
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 7:45 pm

Well Im not sure I would forgo orbs completly you know the orbs Malfunction thing? Guess what its not true for melee only range.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 pm

you can get mad if you 1v1 and you want to show him your build you say is pro, then when u rape him and like 2 days later all these guys start using your build then you can call that build jacking and get mad at the guy u 1v1. But if you find a build on the forums and someone says you copied it from there. All you have to say is if they didnt want people to copy it then they wouldnt have posted it but if they did then they want people to copy it.... i put my builds on the forums so that people that are starting to play cha have atleast a good build to start getting use to the game.. but i just give them the builds but no items.. now they have a challenge so if they say my build sucks then all i say is its you or the items you got..

Ima use fat as an example no offence to him though hes still good cha player.. but he tried to use my battlemage build in a 2v2 and i was on his team. i told him are you copying my build and he said im trying to. Then we start the game and he keeps dieing and he says this build sucks ass how do you rape with this.. and since i know hes good all i said was look at your items.. then we quit playing because he was like 5 levels behind... so ya if u get the build off the site then people want you to use it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:51 pm

1 thing I hated about build jacking... In a tourny a longgggg time ago, I had a build I was using, and was amazingly good. I did a practice round against Jhalma, and kicked his ass. so, he copied my build exactly. then alter in the tourny, I had to face him. He used my build. I didn't want it to look like i was copying him, so I made up a random build. He of course won; got credited with the build, and got shaman for it. After that, we both used the build and 1v1 and i kicked his ass with it, easily.

Just the fact that he stole it from me to win a tourny against me, then refused to even admit he got it from me...

On another topic; I believe any build posted on the forum is free game. you SHOULD give credit, if asked though. Just like when I am making a map, any source I steal from the hive, I SHOULD give credit for (though I keep forgetting to add that list of names to credits somewhere) It is just the respectful thing to do for someone who has done you a favor.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:08 pm

well in 1.2.6 i came up with the rexxar build or w/e his name is beastmaster... it was a beast build no1 could beat it and i was saving it for the tourney. of course i had to test it so i got people from the clan to test and raped them all but i would beat them early and never got to use late game items and i guess they decided to spread it after i said dotn share it.. Then i go in the tourney and i vs yiff.. so we start and he picks the same hero and same skills as me so i was like hmm... then the second duel starts and he has the exact same items and is keeping up with me so i said glad you liked my build and he says its mine i came up with it so i just laughed.. then so on he still gets the same items in the same order everything and when it came to late game.. i sucked because i didnt know what items to get since i never went late game.. thats how he all of a sudden got super pro at 1.2.6 with my build... but all im saying is admit if you do steal it i mean if u admit it i will still be mad but not as much but whats even worse is he uses it against the guy that made the build...
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 7:47 pm

LOL but isnt it a huge compliment that your so good it literally takes a build you make to beat you in other words you kind of beat yourself out of those tourny's. Besides who the fuck cares who wins a tourny.

You know what wins 1v1 when 2 players have the same builds and are roughly the same skill level? Pure Dumb Blind Luck.
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:38 pm

lol i think i remember that build (the str fire ward one right?)

i dont know what it got or the items but i remember the story
when i first stated useing it i was testing vs dr.acula_bleh (idk if he was useing that name yet) but i remember one night playing vs him i used that build and won /w it he asked me to use it again to see if he could beat it
and again
and again
and again
i think he was off that night because it took him several trys to take it down

as for who came up /w it it was basicaly the old fire ward build but on str instead of int not exactly what one would call a huge inovation

i dont remember ever seeing that build on anyone but me b4 the tourny though if i had i would have credited u for it wait.... i think i played dr a few times where he tried it but idk if that was b4 or after the tourny

as to buildstealing lol i find it funny that this is even talked about
i dont see it as a compliment
i dont see it as cheap
i dont see it as noobish
i see it as part of most games

name one build that doesnt use any of the skills or items that were in the game b4 u start it up and i will admit u came up /w something on your own

when your given certain choices in a game and you know one choice win the game more often then another and you want to win you will take that choice

saying someone esle is wrong for doing something u would do is absolutely laughable
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

ok first off wtf...when did rexy first make an appearance, I am pretty sure it was one of Lab's lsat edits. anyways the point is that without a doubt Rexy was mine. My Sexy Rexy, I even tried to get its names changed (to velocirapetor). I owned with the rexy and people freaking took it and thought they were the bees knees. So screw you Glorn ur rexy might be better but mine was the original...MINE!!!! It should be called the vertisaurus.

idk if u guys can interpret my false sense of hurt through my typing but if not...consider yourself informed.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 am

lol, in labs edits; rexxy stood for noobhood though. "suck at the game? Pick rexxy!"

as stated somewhere else in here, a lot of builds are similar. What yiff did by taking an old int build and putting it on a str hero; makes it a new build! Every level is played differently. that is more of a "new build" than someone who takes the unused late game skill, and changes it- but uses the same other 3 skills for 90% of the game.

A lot of skills work well together... A lot of people will try out the same builds. A lot of people will try YOUR build. It happens a lotttttt! Why? everyone wants to be the best. You want your build to be your own? Dont tell anyone about it ever. Make them figure it out for themselves.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 12:16 am

I played some one i think its was vert who used a poison biuld and now im intrested in a poisond base attack but it always starts with hmm he used this, this, that, and the the main thing poison. I have been massing around with the poison skill for the last 2 weeks. I went from his exact biuld experimenting with it i forget what it is now (long long week) but im still going to mess with it till i get it right.

Im rather new to the ultiment ver i suck i biuld jack in order to make it my own im sure thats how most people do it.
Back to top Go down
Nerdock
Nooblet
Nooblet
Nerdock

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 4:57 pm

I usually find, personally, that one learns a lot less from the game itself if they just copy a guide and dont develop builds on their own. at least one or two for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subject- Build Jacking   Subject- Build Jacking Empty

Back to top Go down

Subject- Build Jacking
Page 1 of 1