Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 I_vote_lcapWork on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 I_voting_barWork on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 I_vote_lcapWork on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 I_voting_barWork on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0

Go down 
+5
bloodrill
accursed
imsofattest
sami_gurl
Glorn2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 Empty
PostSubject: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Because of all the cool stuff I have been learning how to do for 4.0, I have found many ways to improve 3.0. things like, king of the hill for example... however, to add things like this would add quite a setback to the release of 3.0...

Also, I plan to re-do the old items, to be like the new ones. Again, This would take time, setting the release date back more. Considering There is still a lot of testing to be done, smaller things like this, though annoying, wouldnt set back much time.

I have found ways to enhance the capture the flag mode, but with the current map, and the limited creativity, so dont plan to do that...

Also, with the JASS I have been learning, I think I might be able to look into the Rag Quest bug, that desyncs people...

Some Cool things I plan to include in 4.0 that might make your willy wet:

There are 14 creep spawns... not 8, but 14. Yes, again, that is 14 creeps spawns.
Creep spawns will have fewer creeps, and slower base spawn times, so as not to eliminate PVP.

there will be MANY speeds of creep spawns. Because I am re-writing the system, I can easily set the frequency to a variable. Lets say... 10. Using a single creep spawn method, I can change that variable to any number with a single trigger. (The current creep system is all different series's of triggers, about 20 in total)

Innate skills will be chosen by the player, as any other skill is.
I will be adding another skill section called "Hero Specific Skills" These are skills that deal damage based on a heros stat, move speed, damage, and other very custom things. Also ranged and melee only skills will be placed here.

there will be a capture the flag mode. Not simply a "you get the flag you get gold" mode, but a full on, 100% capture the flag mode. Very few creeps, you'll get levels from flag caps, steals, and saves. The same lame gold captures will still be available in normal mode though. (this mode will have it's own multiboard)

That gauntlet that there is no room for on the current map... it is in the new one! 5 rooms of hell, and if you make it out alive, you get a kick ass bonus! This is also where you wil go post-rag to get your ass handed to you by an amplitude of mega-bosses.

The rag quest... redone, better. Rather than fighting 6 bosses in a row, which as generally a "stand here, AFK until someone dies" There will be bosses, sometimes multiple bosses, who will require specific and strategic plots to take down.

there will be 3 King of the hill modes! Yes, 3. Not 1, not 2, but yes, 3! One where there is a single hill, one where there are 2 teams, each with 2 hills. There will also be one with 4 teams, with 1 hill each.

Ohh what was that? YES, 4 FUCKING TEAMS!!! there will be a mode to play with 4 teams. 3v3v3v3! Yeah, that is possible. Any other mode on here, is gonna be playable with 4 teams. 4 team capture the flag. 4 team glad arena, 2 team glad arena.

This is just what I consider my "BARE MINIMUM" list for 4.0 which is why I am working on it now.. because I dont expect it to be ready for 6+ months! A lot of people have been asking me why I would take the time to remake the entire game, and well... after reading this list of things that I cannot do in the current edit... Are you still wondering?
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 4:32 pm

If i had a willy it would be wet for team glad and ctf =p
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 6:37 pm

wowowowow
noobitor just turned into a proitor O.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 pm

This sounds ambitious; no doubt your end product will be a very impressive map.
Back to top Go down
bloodrill
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
bloodrill

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

holy shit I cant wait for gauntlet and the hero specific skills those r gonna be awesome
P.S. dont even say that i did a one liner, cuz i am not the only one
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:02 pm

lol, one liners are alright, when you are agreeing with the topic or someone else who posted, it is just 1 liners like "WOWWWWW" that turn me off.

Yeah, I admit this is a very ambitious project, but with all the new add-ons I got, I am starting to understand JASS. Even better, since I am making it, I can disable random triggers, and know that the game will still work. So really, rather than making something insanely complex to work together, I can simply disable half of my map to make a different mode work ^_^.

Also, I must give thanks to the hive workshop, though They dont directly help ME, they have a lot of information I read and stay up to date on. Also, 90% of my hero specific skills will come from there, when I get that far :p
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:59 am

WOWWWWW

Looks like a lot of fun stuff and will make the map very versatile and hopefully expand the game while keeping people interested.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Some topics theres no other post to give then one liners. So long as its not spam its fine. The new map looks promising who knows maybe now there can be ai in the near future. For 4 teams is their going to be 4 bases or two bases and two share.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 4:02 pm

there wil be 2 shared bases, but the bases in the edit are a bit larger. They are thinner I believe, but very long, with 3 exits, top, bottom, and center. In 4 team mode, there will be a barrier between two sides of the base, closing off the center exit. The teams wil have to use the top and bottom enterences/exits.

the biggest problem I I find in this, is that it wouldnt be too hard to camp a nearby team. There are plenty of creep spawns, so at least there wouldnt be conflict over that. Also, the barrier between base sides would be less than 600M, so players could shoot, or summon over the wall. I can simply make a trigger to disable anything of that nature though.

As far as AI, I am getting closer. I am not actually investigating in AI at all, the problem with AI before was that, in a custom game, you cant inject actual intelligence into a machine, so to make an opponent smart enough to counter build, would require the abilities of someone who works for say... Blizzard. But I am adding a shop of premade heroes, that new people can use if they would like. these heroes will also be the heroes the AI can use. After that, it isnt too terribly difficult to make an AI kill things, run around, buy items, and attack. Again though, the bot isnt smart, so there would have to be an entire system telling it what to buy, thus making the bot very predictable. the only thing I can think of to make a bot even worth playing against, would be to give them heavily increased stats.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 5:21 pm

I dont know if this helps but dota's ais are like a completly different map, any how they gain more exp then normal and I think they make more gold. I wouldnt support a shop that gives people builds or whatever kind of takes the custom out of custom hero arena. (Yes I know the irony considering I always random pick even in extra stats mode) Besides AI's for hero arena are super gay either theyre ultra imbalanced and own the crap out of everybody or they suck and are everybody whipping boy. The only mode that would make sense to have an AI is Gladiator because it now gives everybody the primary target to focus fire instead of the name of the player they most recognize.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 3:54 pm

I have to ask.Have you thought about adding an in game team switch.So if one team has leavers and another team doesn't.So the game doesn't end up 4v2 rather it can become 3v3 and continue more evenly.Many games I have been in have been ended because of leavers.If it could be avoided I think that would be great but that's my personal opinion.If your planing to have 4 teams That would make it much more of a challenge but i think you could pull it off.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 pm

If you read maybe.. 4-5 threads on here I"m sire you could get my answer to this at least 9-14 times.

While this is good in theory, it would also suck, in theory. I am on the wire about adding it; if so, it will be a mode that must be enabled, and only red will have the power to swap players on teams. (red cannot swap)

If I do decide to go about this, it will be in 4.0 also.

While on the topic of 4.0 I got some good news, and some pissed off news...

I just spent a while setting up alll of the bosses, and trigger for them, and everything. Then i went to save it. It crashed while saving because I opened the map in WE rather than my very-modded WE. Good thing: well, my kick ass protections work without even having to protect the map. Bad thing: I have to do all of that again... for the 4th time!

Anyway, I am home this weekend, and my goal is to finish the bosses and the rag quest. If I do this, it will be a very basic, but fully playable custom hero arena. It will actually still have about 2X as much as the original Custom Hero Arena :p
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:25 pm

Damn that sucks about it crashing and everything I think you have the right idea about the switch though have the host be the only one able to authorize it.Either that or a vote system would be ideal personally I don't care either is good long as it would be regulated.I can see why you would be hesitant about add something like this because if used incorrectly in could also ruin a match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0   Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Work on 4.0 allows to increase 3.0
Page 1 of 1