Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Help: Boring Editing Work! I_vote_lcapHelp: Boring Editing Work! I_voting_barHelp: Boring Editing Work! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Help: Boring Editing Work! I_vote_lcapHelp: Boring Editing Work! I_voting_barHelp: Boring Editing Work! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Help: Boring Editing Work!

Go down 
+5
HLWG
Wrathtoruin
tuusneegepro
verti89
Glorn2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Help: Boring Editing Work! Empty
PostSubject: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 am

Okay, I've Finally gotten bored enough to outsource some annoying work. Work that I would like done, but doesn't really improve the game for the players. I will post up various things that I need help with, and then, depending on who is willing, I will give them the work.

Note: For some of the work, I will be giving out an unprotected version of the map; or sometimes just the trigger part, or just the object part. For these things though, I will be a little more picky with who gets the work.

For Larger jobs, you can get your name in the unread credits page.

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ | JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS|
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Job Type: Lore
Duty: Remake Hero Tooltips
Description: Many of the hero tooltips were made at 3 AM with limited creativity. I'm looking for someone to write up BRIEF "Lore" tooltips for the heroes. Nothing about their stats, simply the "This hero contracted AIDS at a frat party, and fights for his gay lovers honor!" part of the tooltip. Some of the tooltips are fine how they are, and if that is the case, just say so.

Additional Info:
- You can just do this in wordpad or something; use an easy to use format, such as:
Mountain King:
blah blah blah, keep this 1-2 sentences, using proper grammar and spelling.
- I am looking for 1 person to do all of the heroes, so that there is some sort of consistency.
- Keep a semi-serious attitude about this, a page full of fart jokes, while entertaining, will not be put into the map. Try to go with the theme of the map; not too hardcore lore-ish, but not a middle school lunch room either.
*Gives Credit

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Job Type: Object Editor (Skills)
Duty: Creating Spell Books for all Items
Description: The few people who have had the honor of seeing the object editor, know that parts of it are really messy. Your job will be to create a spell book for every item in the game, label it for whatever item it goes with (there are already some done as examples) add all of the item abilities to it (properly). All you will be doing is adding pre-created abilities to a new spell book; so that I can copy/paste the spellbooks over to the current map.
*This requires a basic knowledge of item creation
*you will be using a copy of CHA
Additional Info:
- There are a lot of tricks to make this process faster, however there are ~300 items. Whoever signs up for this one, talk to me, and I will explain some tricks.
*Gives Credit

Last edited by Glorn2 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:51 pm

does creating recipes for every item qualify as a larger job??
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:31 pm

pfft; that was the old items; like 1/8 of the total items :p that was a mild job ^_^ But, yeh know... if you're up for a challenge...
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 pm

haha well i dont really have the dead time stuck in front of the computer right now. What type time frame would you be looking for? I could probably do the first one since it doesnt require actually being at a computer (iphone ftw) the whole time but idk how long it would take me.

also that may have been a mild job for you considering how much editing you have done but for a person who at the time had never even opened world editor...it was an epic task.
Back to top Go down
tuusneegepro
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
tuusneegepro

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I can do something... I got enough time =P
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 5:54 pm

i wouldnt mind helping you edit again i know how to make spell book skills and items just give me parameters like you did for the shields and i can get them to you in a day or 2.

Last edited by Wrathtoruin on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:01 pm

i can do the lore one if ya want. itll give me something to do in class besides sleep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:17 pm

alright; I will be on vent tonight, if you guys are around, to see what we can come up with!
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Give me the latest version of the map, and I could do the lore and fix various typos hidden inside. My grammar and spelling is generally always near perfect, so it would be quick and easy for me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Quote :
and I could do the lore and fix various typos hidden inside.

Quote :
and I could do the lore and fix various typos hidden inside

talk about shooting yourself in the foot lmao
Back to top Go down
Flint
Unranked
Unranked
Flint

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:38 pm

I took the time to look at most tooltips of the game to look for typos. It may look plain or even rude for me to assume as a German to be more proficient in a language than a mothertounge. Actually, I'm not saying that. And probably am not anyway. I'm just so bugged to find fault in a thing as basic as written text, to raise my lazy bottom to work. No offense.

Now, asking for the latest map to directly being able to edit is probably too much to ask. After all I'm new, this is my first post and I could do all sorts of shenanigans with it. Imagine having a public release where everytime you defeat Ragnarok or push a certain combination of keys you see a picture of some kraut's private parts... but I digress. I sincerely hope to be able to at least just pass along a document to Glorn2 so I don't have to work my way through bbcodes in the designated thread.

So, yeah. I don't like asking for something (i.e. work in this case) and I know you aren't even officially looking for someone doing the stuff I want to do. As I am currently obsessed with playing this map though, I will make an exception here:

Can I please nag you by pointing out mistakes you (and/or whoever person will be making lore texts) make?

By the way: having written all of this I noticed I am not even sure if this thread is up to date and being looked into at all. Oh well, I'll just kill myself if no one replies.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Hah; lore text. As many people can tell you, I am not a "lore" kinda guy. When I took over this map... 3 years ago... My concept was "A good game doesnt need pretty pictures". There is pretty much no lore, and very limited flavor text. I have actually been wanting to remove all of the flavor text from heroes; simply because it is... silly. Outdated. Whatev.

Any problems you can find in text, you can report though. There is a section in the bug reporting area, where people also report typos and grammatical errors. Considering a vast majority of my editing was done between 1 AM and 4 AM, I have made many mistakes. I am pretty good with words though; and think many of the text errors have been fixed.

You are more than welcome to post your opinion on any matter on the forum; just make sure it ends up in the proper place.
Back to top Go down
sOuL
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:21 am

Well I can probably do the second one since I've had a bit of time fiddling around with the object editor. It will probably take about a week or so though, since homework takes up the majority of my spare time.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:25 am

Speaking of editing work did you ever add me to the credits for the shields and new heroes for char2 ?
Back to top Go down
Flint
Unranked
Unranked
Flint

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
Hah; lore text. As many people can tell you, I am not a "lore" kinda guy. When I took over this map... 3 years ago... My concept was "A good game doesnt need pretty pictures". There is pretty much no lore, and very limited flavor text. I have actually been wanting to remove all of the flavor text from heroes; simply because it is... silly. Outdated. Whatev.

Any problems you can find in text, you can report though. There is a section in the bug reporting area, where people also report typos and grammatical errors. Considering a vast majority of my editing was done between 1 AM and 4 AM, I have made many mistakes. I am pretty good with words though; and think many of the text errors have been fixed.

You are more than welcome to post your opinion on any matter on the forum; just make sure it ends up in the proper place.

Heh. If you ask me, only include a short description of the stats. Elaborate background stories don't make much sense for a character that's basically just a shell with quite possibly pure randomness poured inside.

Anyway thanks for the pointers. Will do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help: Boring Editing Work!   Help: Boring Editing Work! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help: Boring Editing Work!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com