Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWelcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 I_voting_barWelcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWelcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 I_voting_barWelcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Welcome to the new Forums!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:56 pm

haha i no ill try not to =P
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:18 pm

I just like to be as fair as possible is all. I have no interest in clan cha nor will i ever. Chao is my clan and I will not even join west clan cha despite the ever popular and attractive RikiRacoon lol.

Glorn, I tried to add an image and clicked upload but it didn't appear to add it to my post. Apparently I am quite bad with these things lol... Would the image file type have anything to do with it? I tried to add the same picture I have for my avatar to a post but it didn't want to work.

Also, there appears to not be a way to attach files to topics or posts on this forum. This means I can't post any cha replays!

Also, is there a way to do warnings in this forum? Sometimes people deserve to get hammered with them! (the early days of venom2 come to mind lol....)

Now I will take a different stance on this forum issue.

Labs forum originally was for clan chao. Clan chao had and still has the official editor in it and thus includes beta testers, news on the map, clan tournaments (which are the only tournaments that seem to have a chance of working), and clan related topics. Lab changed the forum to be for the cha community around the time that he left chao to join the infamous east clan cha. I have invested much time into clan chao and when I really just sit and think about it, this is wonderful news to the clan and thus to me as well. Even if Lab did put the clan sections back up, I think the official cha forum should at least be ran by someone who actually plays the game. Glorn does not only play the game, but, he eidts the freeking map as well. Not only that but I think Glorn has done a much better job with the map than Lab did. (new skills, heroes, bosses, items, balanceing ect ect ect ect ect ect...) Lab was also not one of chao's shamans and Glorn is. Even if Glorn was not the editor I think he could still qualify to be a shaman anyway. It makes much more since for the owner of the forum to be Glorn imo. This is one small step for the cha community and one giant leap for chao! lol.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Posting images seems to work fine :p

I think you have a problem, idk, mine all works fine.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:39 am

Ok call me computer stupid or whatever I dont really care to be honest but I have no freeking clue how to make this work. All it seems to let me do is enter text.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:41 am

You can post pictures and I can't and apparently I'm a retard. How mature. Of course this is completely ignoring the fact that you are flat out refusing to inform me how to use that.

You also failed to mention if this forum has warnings OR if there is any way to attach files. I am starting to think perhaps this forum is functionally inferior to the other forum...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:51 am

hmm, you post a picture the same way here as you do any other forum... go to like photobucket, copy the image link, and post it here. you can also upload any pics from your computer here.

There is a row of buttons, above where you type, that allows you to do this. If you cannot click them, then it is your own fault for not being able to do these things.

As for uploading files, im not too sure. I know you can put videos directly into a post though, if you upload them to youtube or something. you dont even need to copy/paste the replay into WC3, then boot it up, and watch it. You can watch it straight from here!

Ohh, also, warning, umm, not too sure about a "warn" other than a "Warn" but you can do all the things you can on labs forum. Lower post count, require a mod to approve their posts, give a temp ban, perm ban, IP ban...

Also, for fuck sake, stop trying to compare every nook and cranny of the forums. Mine can do stuff his cant, his can do stuff mine cant. You are really being annoying as hell! If you want to use his forum, then fucking use it!

I believe it was YOU who told me I should make my own forum, set it up, and then tell everyone to join it... I have the mail, if you really want to read it again. Just now that lab made you admin on there, that's all you care about. And now you are complaining on BOTH forums more than anyone else, and you dont even play wc3 anymore!
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 12:17 pm

lol sorry terra that just happened to be the picture i was using when i experimented and figured out how to use the picture adding.

i used the 'host an image' function, the picture with the disk on it. then i found the picture i wanted to host and clicked 'host it'. it then gave me the file in a couple of different ways and instead of clicking the copy button that shows up, i manually copy and pasted the string into the reply and it worked. hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Ah ok I see now. Honestly I didn't know how to do this in general with ANY forum. As for replays or videos, I have no idea how to use youtube and I don't really feel like trying to figure it out just to post replays either. I guess I'll post replays on the other forum if i get any.

Oh nice I figured out that we can SPLIT topics on here! Now when topics go inevitably and terribly off topic we can just split the topic into two! This aspect is better than the other forum!

Glorn I am not trying to annoy you I only sought to find out how this forum works and make sure what we are doing is best for the clan. I think I am done comparing the forums now. Yes it was my idea for a new forum, but, I at least wanted a forum that was as good as the one we left. I think this one is as good as the other one now that I know more about it. (except for posting replays but thats not a huge deal anyway)

About warning stuff though, I figured out how to ban people but I saw nothing about post counts. How do we change post counts on here Glorn?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 7:29 pm

umm, I dont think moderators can change post count, it is in the administration login, and well, my email and pass are the only things that can get you in there :p
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 2:14 am

Oh well that bites. I don't really want to try to use your account to "warn" people using post count. Your on your own for that lol...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 9:04 am

What is pretty amazing, I think almost all posts on here have been pretty much "on topic" Sure, sometimes they split or evolve, but so long as there is a legitimate conversation that can educate someone going on, I dont feel it is worth complaining over, or warning someone about.

Hell, I think i've seen one double post, and the guy said "sorry for double post" which indicates he couldnt find the edit button.

(as this gets off topic)

ANYWAY, I dont plan to have to take actions against posters unless it is really needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Forums!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2