Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Welcome to the new Forums! I_vote_lcapWelcome to the new Forums! I_voting_barWelcome to the new Forums! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Welcome to the new Forums! I_vote_lcapWelcome to the new Forums! I_voting_barWelcome to the new Forums! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Welcome to the new Forums!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Welcome to the new Forums! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 7:49 am

These forums are pretty cool, I made them in a day, so if you feel they are missing anything, tell me, and I will see what I can do!

I'm still trying to figure out all of the shit on here... so if something isnt working, tell me so I can googlefix it!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks man, these look pretty legit so far. Maybe now i won't have to turn in a resume to get moderator rights lol.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 12:31 pm

lol, yeah!

Once we get a solid group of people, i will pass out mod right, but as I made the forum yesterday, and finished it today, we don't need mods yet.

All the CHAO shaman will have spots though, along with a couple people I feel can manage a forum.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:58 am

It needs a few things that Labs forum has. Different colors and things like bold and underline too in messages. The background is kind of distracting and the forum in general seems to lack a lot of color. Labs forum is simple and colorful. I like that style better. The everyone's doing it thing at the top of the main page is kinda cheesy lol... Fix those and this one should be the best forum.

Hopefully you will entrust me with admin. I think Lab should have made me an admin on the other forum instead of just a mod. I never really complained about it but it did sort of bug me.
Back to top Go down
Batman is Pwn
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:14 am

I agree with Terraptus the background should be a solid color.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:01 am

I also think that the odd symbols for showing topics with new posts should be changed. Its not very easy for a new member to tell what sections have topics with new posts in them in comparison to Lab's forum.

This forum also seems to be somewhat lacking in organization (why would this topic be in this section?) and needs more of the useful topics and posts from the other forum.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 6:57 am

you can bold and underline ect in messages... and color them, and have 4000 smiley faces...

I can change the appearance, but I thought this looked neat...

Quite frankly, this forum is for info. If you want your world rocked while reading a line of text... they you reallllly gotta re-think what you do for fun.

This isnt CHA, it is a place for people to leave messages, and read messages...
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 am

Ok the look is much better now, but, I have no clue how to add color and stuff to my text.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 1:41 pm

Where you generally type (under everyones posts) is a "quick reply" right above that is buttons for bold, underline, color, insert image, smiley faces, ect.

If you click "post reply" it will take you to an extended reply page, with about 400 options of various things to include in your post.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:53 pm

1. I don't think we should try to make this forum like the other one but better. I think we should make it what we want it and I think Glorn has done a good job of that so far...now that the crazy background is chilled out. As far as the symbols and such, just like with anything new it will just take some getting used to, see above comment about trying to make it like the other forum.

2. I think generally speaking the organization is pretty good, but would agree with Terra that this topic should probably be in news or something.

3. Terra - atleast he gave you mod rights, I had them for all of 1 day before they were revoked. Apparently I wasn't qualified.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:13 pm

ohh for the record, I posted this topic here because I believe a "clan forum" is a "clan event" Dont get me wrong, it is also news, as well as it is general discussion. As it isnt related to CHA, it is also off topic. Since you are complaining, it could be in the bug board. A lot of questions and answers are being shot back and forth.. so, yeh know...

catch my drift?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:25 pm

fair enough...
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 pm

Ok i had no script on thats why i didnt see the colors.

I think this forum should be used for clan related things only now that i think about it. There is no need to have the same sections on both forums considering the fact that the other forum has much more in it for the other sections.

I think the sections on this forum should be: clan news, clan discussion, clan tournaments, and off topic. All news about the map should go on both forums imo. We should have a west cha section and a chao section. Everything else should be taken off and done on the other forum. Both forums should have links to each other in easy to find locations. Why do I think this? Because we are not going to outdo the other forum anyway. There are tons upon tons of topics and replys in the other forum that makes it more useful than this one for non clan related things. Since no one is going to take the time to transfer all of those topics and replies, I think it would be best to regard the other forum as the official Custom Hero Arena forum and to regard this one as the official Custom Hero Arena clan forum.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 pm

if that is what YOU want to do, then do it.

How active has that other forum been? How outdated is the info in it? Over half the posts were from ME anyway.

I'm not forcing anyone to post here, I have decided that I'm tired of Lab. A lot of other people are too. Some people dont care, so long as they have a place to discuss CHA. Other people dont care, so long as they have a place to look up the changes.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 pm

yea quite honestly i dont see much happening in that other forum if the people in the clan are contributing on this one. lab has re-retired from map editing for wc3, and most of the heavy posters are going to be posting in this one anyways. Besides if, and when, we do need to reference something (like your tournie rules) they can be retrieved at that time. Without getting into all the nitpicky stuff thats going on right now I think it is best if we just let the two parties have their space. Nothing stops anyone from going to either anyways.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:07 pm

Its annoying having to go to 2 different forums for the same section. Even though Lab took down the clan sections on the other forum, he has done nothing else I can think of that I disagreed with in terms of the forum. Yes he deleted my rankings post, but, he gave it back to me when I asked him. He didn't set out to delete my rankings post, it just happened as a side effect of him taking down the clan sections. Hes is being more reasonable with who he will make moderators on there too. He even made me an admin on the other forum. (Now that I am an admin on there it makes me want that forum to still be active but know that Lab didn't tell me to do this in order to get admin. I just asked and he gave it to me.) There is no reason to have all the same stuff on this forum. It just makes it more annoying to look things up. I still think this should just be a clan forum.

And you know what? Now that we have this forum up, if we continue to use the other forum for the non clan things and Lab hypothetically gets out of hand and on everyones nerves or something, then we could just use this forum for everything. Since Lab gave me my rankings post back, promoted me, and seems to be being more considerate with moderators, the only reason remaining for me to want this forum is for clan sections and I think that is all that needs to be done.

Making this forum sort of feels like slapping Lab in the face. From how he has treated me and communicated with me, Lab does not deserve a slap from me. If the forum was just for clan sections, It would not be slapping Lab in the face since he said we should make our own forum for that anyway.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm

and as you feel you shouldnt have to go back and forth between two forums, us clan people, feel we shouldnt have to go back and forth between forums either. And we cant do our clan stuff there, so we must do it here. SOOO, using logic, if we have to pick a forum, and we have to use this one anyway...

If you don't want to use this one, then dont. It is that simple.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 pm

Hmmm.... well I agree there. I will still be supporting both forums either way. I think if Lab wants to put the clan sections back on the other forum we would be better off returning to it if he agrees to keep it there. Yeah... I know that would make the time you spent setting this up meaningless but....I think it makes the most sense. Either way, this forum will still exist as a backup if needed (assuming we return to the other forum) All I take into consideration concerning Lab is how he has been with the forum when it concerns forum matters. Its not like hes being childish and demoting you on the other forum either Glorn. Also Verti I think I could get you to be a mod on the other forum too. If Lab puts the clan sections back up you could have quite a bit of use for the moderator powers.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Clan CHA was formed on promises of "mod"

Im an admin on there, I can literally delete his entire forum. power isnt what makes a forum good, or what makes people want to go there though. There are a lot of people who didnt join CHA when iron offered them shaman, for the same reason.

Again, you can do what you want, I am going to post here. If everyone else wants to post here, they are free to. If they all want to post on labs forum, I will not care.

I believe this discussion is over, unless you would like to say the same things over a 3rd time now.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:53 pm

So does this mean that you will ONLY be posting on here and not the other forum at all now?

Other than that, I agree the discussion seems to be over.

Make me an admin on here so that I can help out please. Its not like I would fiddle around with anything on here without asking you unless you trust me to do whatever as long as its not huge or crazy. I would be an asset to the forum as an admin.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:01 am

cant make other people admin on here. As this is a free forum, and I am not paying for it, I cant make people admin :p

I can change what a mod is allowed to do though, and right now, on the forum, all I can do that you cant, is put dates in the calendar! And, when we have important dates, I will click the button allowing those things to change.

I honestly dont see how you being an admin on any forum would help more than a mod. This forum even has auto-pruning, it tells me when something has been unused for X days (set to 90)

I may post on labs forum, if I see a topic I am interested, I am not blacklisting him or anything. His forum is pretty dead, mine is alive, it isnt a hard puzzle.
Back to top Go down
Terraptus2
Average Player
Average Player
Terraptus2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 12:19 am

Oh ok I am already a Mod, thanks. Its kind of confusing though since it doesn't say Mod under my name. Is there anyway to fix that?

Well, I will use both forums and if Labs forum dies then its not all my fault. If he had not have taken down the clan sections we would not have resorted to this. Your not abandoning this forum now, so I can only assume that this forum will increasingly leech activity from Labs forum over time and also generate its own.

Btw how do you add a picture to a post?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am

right next to all of the bold, italic, colors ect, there is another button, it is a picture of a picture... if you hover over it, it says "image" I think you know what t do from there.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 pm

seriously terra you say your a chao loyalist or whatever but right now it seems your with clan cha just because lab made you a mod or whatever.. so if you dont want to keep switching pick a side and stay there. everyone in this forum came here because they are tired of lab thinking hes the boss of everyone just because its his forum so we all came here and this one is 10 times better than labs forum.. so ya fuck lab
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 6:52 pm

lol wow easy there jarjar...no need to get excited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the new Forums!   Welcome to the new Forums! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the new Forums!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next