Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Epics Vortex Crit EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Epics Vortex Crit EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Epics Vortex Crit EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Epics Vortex Crit EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Epics Vortex Crit EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Epics Vortex Crit EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Epics Vortex Crit EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Epics Vortex Crit EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Epics Vortex Crit EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Epics Vortex Crit I_vote_lcapEpics Vortex Crit I_voting_barEpics Vortex Crit I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Epics Vortex Crit I_vote_lcapEpics Vortex Crit I_voting_barEpics Vortex Crit I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Epics Vortex Crit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 pm

*First, you need to name your build, so players can easily find it.

Epic's Vortex Crit

*Then, tell us the hero and skills.
Storm Panda
Death Strike
Mana Vortex
Acid Rain
Bonus Life
Elemental Mastery

*Tell us how we should generally level this skills. Do not type out 1 skill per line for all 40 levels of the game; I will deny you based on that alone.

Some research into what your opponent has before hand is a must. Of course main level Acid rain between 4-6, Mastery will become your main farmer later, mastery + ranged agi with Storms good BAT is money, so acid rain is really just for early game farming. Now between Death Strike and Vortex, Death Strike most times takes priority over vortex, toss one point into vortex earlyish for purposes of dispel/anti-summon. If they are not running a mana intensive build main level death strike, only toss points into vortex throughout the game if you need it. But also, don't completely off level it, bounce between Death strike and Vortex still... if that makes sense. You want to have deathstrike half decently leveled by midish game when you start getting big amounts of agility. More or less, unless they are going mana shield / terraptus, I usually go with a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio with deathstrike:mana vortex.

*What makes this build work? How do the skills interact with each other? If this part is really short, your build fails.

This build works off the premise of taking away your opponents mana, while using passive skills to destroy them shortly after. After you vortex them, the huge crits from death strike and spell damage from mastery takes them down real fast. Storm I find works well with this because he has a little bit of range along with one of the faster agility BAT's. The range combined with the shadowstrike from mastery helps with your anti kite, also it will help greatly with creeping. Agility hero's are infamously weak, but storm has enough range to kite the creeps and slaughter with acid rains and mastery. Storm's insta cast also synergizes with acid rain very well. The long and short, you destroy their mana pool with vortex while raping them with massive crits and mastery's amazing spell damage. Vortex combined with mastery also destroys totem and summon builds fairly easily.

*What are your strengths and weaknesses? how will you overcome your biggest weakness?

The biggest strength with the build is it's versatility. Plain and simple it's a jack of all trades, if you don't need to burn their mana you can focus your points into deathstrike and acid rain, and toss a few into vortex. If they are running a hugely mana consuming build, or summons, you can completely destroy their build with vortex, without worrying about your own mana pool, as your main source of damage is coming from auto attack and passive skills. However, the being a jack of all trades, it has no specific strength and can be countered by specific build types. As your main source of damage comes from attack speed and attack damage, soulburn will hurt you. Cripple and the rest however can be dispelled with vortex. Cripple / slow or any other debuffs in combination with soulburn is pretty much insta death. Soulburn will prevent you from casting vortex, and when your slowed and damaged reduce, your mastery is significantly reduced because slower attack = less procs. Damage reducs are a counter too, as your massive crits from deathstrike will now count for nothing. Also, early game gank builds can hurt as well with agility's low health leaves you susceptible to early and mid game ganking. On the contrary, if their running a mana build / summons, it allows to be play completely aggressively with vortex because you don't need to depend on mana at all to farm after level 10ish. Your attack speed witj vortex will allow you to keep up while you make them run back and forth.

*How should this build be played?

Toss vortex's on them when you can to slow them down, it can be a bit tough to gank as you auto attack everything and the shadowstrike is a % chance. But try to toss ganks here and there. The power curve begins around level 14-16 and lasts throughout the game. The death strike crit will hurt them bad all game, the only time the power curve will drastically decline in late game is vs a good strength build as you may not be able to out survive them.

*What general item build should be used on this?

I generally always start off with th agility set, go for the +5 intel and +5 agility, make the imbued cloak, then tiara, the one ring, cloak of fox, and start amassing agility. Like my Timmy build, your farming ability after 10 will mostly be from mastery. The faster your attack speed, the more mastery procs and thus the faster you play. General stagger build most of the agility mid and end game items. However, I find with this build that getting Ring of the Speed demon is bad. The higher crit proc rates take over your death strike proc. Even though you get more crits, the 5X crit from deathstrike will still out damage it. Grab a corruption sword (4x crit for 10%) and more or less you have a 20% chance to crit for 4-5X regular damage. The evasion can be gained from shroud, which will be a must. Focus on agility and damage to maximize your crits and armour, if you need hp go into the tome room and mass up on Hp tomes.
Back to top Go down
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 am

Vamp Soul also works really nice on this
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 2:56 am

Ya, but you can debuff Vamp Soul off of yourself with Vortex Razz
Back to top Go down
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:24 am

Vortex first obv Smile
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:47 am

vortex does not remove your own positive buffs i think... double check this b/c i'm pretty sure it just removes your mana either way though theres 2 things wrong w/ the way your thinking joox. first off he wont have the mana to cast vamp after vortex reaches 100 percent mark and even when he gets past that, being on agi w/ mediocre/ no regen at all its gonna take him a while to even get the mana back to use it more than 1ce or twice. second a phenomenal way to counter vortex is of course lightning orb. if i saw that he had a purgable offensive i would leap up and giggle to myself knowing that it was not only worth it to get a light orb, but advantageous. against vortex alone it simply forces an opponent to get the light orb or risk never being able to cast spells. with 2 moves countered with light orb then the person getting the light orb is no longer sacrificing anything.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:15 am

Vortex doesn't remove allied buffs or kill allied units. Honestly I think summons pair the best with vortex but that is more of an opinion. If you get any spell for the offensive I stay clear of vampiric and instead get corrupt flesh.

Vortex Users and allies of vortex users do not cast the following before vortex.
Ice Staff
Terrify
Hex
Beffudle
Any thing that can be purged...

Corrupt Flesh and Parasite are examples of skills that cannot be purged or vortexed away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epics Vortex Crit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epics Vortex Crit   Epics Vortex Crit Empty

Back to top Go down

Epics Vortex Crit
Page 1 of 1