Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic I_vote_lcapMana Vortex and Abolish Magic I_voting_barMana Vortex and Abolish Magic I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic I_vote_lcapMana Vortex and Abolish Magic I_voting_barMana Vortex and Abolish Magic I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic Empty
PostSubject: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:41 pm

So I played a game thinking Mana vortex would dispel things like divine shield and ams but it doesn't and was wondering if Abolish Magic treats those two opponent buffs/debuffs (however they are classified) in the same way.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Divine shield and AMS cannot be purged
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
iLLuRe
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:09 pm

wouldnt that completely destroy their purpose?
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:13 am

Mana Vortex works as a general debuff, this is true as does Abolish magic.However De-buffs may only dispel buffs not effects.Skills like Battle Roar,Befuddle,Rejuvenation,Doom Roots,Cripple,Vampiric Soul,Mark Of The Warrior,Darkness,Restore Mana and Rally Cry are all Buffs and are destroyed by Vortex and Abolish.However skills such as Corrupt flesh ,Anti Magic Shield,Divine Shield,Avatar Any and all aura effects including puppet master are all Affects that cannot be purged.Even so Mana Vortex and Abolish magic are two of the most useful skills in the game not only do they both debuff they both damage summons and wards.

Last edited by Wrathtoruin on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 am

Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by Niggonometry on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : So people don't get confused since Wrath kindly edited his post.)
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:27 am

I'm sorry Niggonometry I was more so referring to illure not you.I just lose it with some people.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Wrath anwsered ur question, and even went further than that and made a list of the debuffs and effects that were and were not effected by vortex/abolish magic. Instead of jumping down his throat saying how H anwsered ur question and he lacks reading comprehension u should quit thinking the worlds revolves around u and think hmm maybe his post would have been helpful to new-time users of abolish or vortex.

Thanks wrath for the list, ive played quite a few games where people go "whoa vortex dispels tents?" or "I thought demon was spell immune??"
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 pm

I think this should be closed before any fights break out. All the information is there for people of all skill levels to read and learn from. We do not need any more drama.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic   Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic Empty

Back to top Go down

Mana Vortex and Abolish Magic
Page 1 of 1