Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc I_vote_lcapTeam Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc I_voting_barTeam Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc I_vote_lcapTeam Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc I_voting_barTeam Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc

Go down 
+7
carefulibite
Flamdar
Al.ucard_MD
Glorn2
Pissonmyhands
KOnYiu
verti89
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc Empty
PostSubject: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 am

THIS POST WILL BE EDITED WITH NEW INFO AS NEEDED

The tournament will be round robin and the winner decided by the best record. If there is a tie at the end of the tournament the 2 teams tied will play one another in a best of 3 matchup.

The rules in the NEW TOURNY RULES thread are for the most part in effect.

Due to a late outcry and what appears to be unanimous agreement, the random mode requirement is hereby canceled unless enough people are opposed. If you want random mode kept reply to this topic at the end. unless I say otherwise before 8ET monday night the random mode requirement is cancelled.

The settings for ALL matches will be agreed upon prior to the match beginning. if teams cannot agree the default settings will be NONE.

I think this just might work and it should be a blast...oh and yes piss im using the program u recommended...at least for now. cyclops

as far as scheduling the games goes I think since every team has to play every other team, and it doesnt matter when, we should just play other teams as we see them. Let's plan on having team members on from 8et to 11et each night to play tournament games. If you and your partner want to get together and setup another time to play a certain team please feel free to post any conversations on that here. I know my partner isn't going to be on until Tuesday night but everyone else can start on monday, or sooner if both teams agree. I know people's schedules start getting shaky week after next so we need to get this thing done in a hurry. Below is the bracket of team I will update as people post results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by verti89 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 am

I will recommend either Fast or extreme creep spawn, considering it is a 2v2 match up, with both extreme and fast activiated the one with the most powerful farming ability will dominate the game. Auto heal mode might not be a good idea too since healing before duel is a good habbit :p
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 11:30 am

I did figure those 2 would be the 2 to be debated, and I agree with your reasoning 100%. Let's see what everyone else says
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 pm

i do enjoy auto heal mode. i fear its just because i've gotten very lazE though
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 pm

it is stupid... thats stupid... really? the modes are stupid.. those are all noob modes...

i made those modes for noobs, not for good players to prove it takes no skill to play this game...

seriously, very lame... very, very lame...

good players using random builds, in a mode, where if you arent a pure creeping build, you lose within 5 minutes?

seriously, all skill is removed from this tourny...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:38 pm

lol well your glorniest what modes would you prefer

IMHO increasing the creep spawn rate just speeds up the game, yes if you have a super creeping build you will do better with it on than off but the better players just get better faster which makes the ultimate ending not different, just sooner.

as far as I am concerned we can do no special modes just wanted to get the opinions of everyone
Back to top Go down
Al.ucard_MD
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 pm

Ill throw in my two cents, i think that fast creeps will make it so if one team gets skeles, they cant take all the early creeps and screw over the other team b4 the first two duels. Im also thinking even tho most every1 is use to autoheal now that it should NOT be used ina tourny as it is a noob setting. unlim should be on because its the equalizer to mana shield and terraptus builds. so fast creeps and unlimited weapons are what i propose we play.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:56 pm

i propose we do it the same way we always have...

default options are "none" teams have to agree on options before the game starts. Say, I want unlimited weapons, and the other team doesnt... then no unlimited weapons... If they want superstart, and i dont.... no superstart... if I say "alright, i will give you SS if you give my unlim. weps, and they say "alright" then both are on. Obviously, anything both sides want is on...

A strat I used to use, and cant now, due to "noob" options, that are fun for public games, because they lower the skill required to play.. I used to pick a later game build... and stay out creeping rather than healing for duels. I would level a little slower, and lose the first 4-5 duels, bad. Then, my late game build would pick up, due to my not healing for duels, and being mostly late-game geared, and I would start winning. The counter to this of course, was a pure-early game build, and camping my stupid ass (which few people could do)

In this mode of auto heal, never ending creeps, unlimited weapons, it makes ~70% of the various strats used by skilled players "worthless" It comes down to "eye kan creepz gud!" and because there are so many creeps, it is so easy to take a perma-lead. Because with unlimited weapons, anyone can get the ultimate weapons, making mana shield and terraptus (and all the skills and heroes that work well with them) unusable also.

you are really gonna limit this tourny to a hunter+healer tourny, more than the tourny edit made people go acid/timmy.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:13 pm

i dont care what settings we go with but I think it needs to be the same settings for all the matches
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:40 pm

Can't we just go fast creep spawn and thats all for the settings ? gah What a Face Anyway i hope the teams will be announced soon so i can have more communication with my teammate these days before the toruny really started.
Back to top Go down
Flamdar
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 10:00 pm

I think glorn's idea of having the teams decide on modes is best. If they can't agree then it's on no modes at all.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 am

^that sounds like the most appealing way to play. if u can convince ur opponent to be lazE then u can use those modes lol
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:12 am

Im not in this thing but have done a few 2v2 because well you guys like to practice b4 tournaments. Anyways people always call accelerated modes noobish but never stop to think how imbalanced default mode really is. Default mode is ultimately about creep control of the map the quickest way to establish control is to pick a fast moving hero and give them a creep clearing skill, control 80% of the map unless your opponent too does the same thing and attempts to do the same. Speed rules default. Again you have people who way over do the modified modes doing extreme and fast creeps and adding 150% extra exp and super start, to me that is the height of noobishness.

Here is what I propose for your tournament (Im not in so you can ignore)
Fast Creep Spawn
50% Less Exp
Fast creep spawn should allow it to where a person cant just pick speed and dominate, as creeps will spawn as theyre heading home to regenerate. 50% less exp puts a stop to being level 16 or 18 by the third duel or quicker nonsence

Glorn I almost always random I rarely if ever get a hero with no farming skill and the one time I did it was on a ranged hero, which in its own is a farming power.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:28 am

I random a lot too, but with unlimited creeps (what i call the combo of modes) a random hero cannot keep up with say... chain light+skellys+wrath. With that, i can hit lvl 12 for the first duel, easily lvl 11, if my opponents are actually playing very good.

With a "normal" build, being defined by 1 farming, 1 all game, 1 end game, a pvp ult, you are ~7, sometimes 8 for the first duel. You may win the duel and hit 8 or 9, but as soon as that other guy respawns, ult is up, bam, level and a half. If you LOSE the duel to the farmer, it is all over. he gets half a level from killing you, then another level and a half before you respawn. creeps are 3+ levels higher than you, and you cant creep because the spawn is always completely full.

I like slow leveling mode, and would support it, but I still think players should be able to pick their modes. I would pick slow leveling, although the other team would say "no".

As for what you have against speed heroes, why? All the speed heroes have disgustingly low stats! With the improved creeps, try to clear more than a spawn, MAYBE 2 spawns if you are lucky and have no slow creeps, with a speed hero. A good solid hero can clear 4-5 spawns before healing, a speed hero can clear 2. they really dont level any faster, due to fast dieing, slower attacks, less mana, less armor, lower HP, and the constant return to base to heal. Really, a speed build is MUCH better on extreme creeps, because you can run out, cast all your spells, clear a spawn, spend 5 seconds healing while the spawn fills again, then do it all over. I do this a lot, and can usually hit 10+ for the duel, because I only have to run to the nearest spawn, which is always full. If a speed hero has to run to a mid spawn , that is half full, and has an opponent there, chances are, the speed hero is too weak to fight the opponents hero, unless they are low, in which place, you gank them, and type "lmao"

As 75% of the people only play with noob modes on now anyway, I dont think many people know how to play without them. They will agree on most of them anyway. but forcing people to play game modes that greatly limits the game, is stupid. If you want set rules, then make the tourny random mode for everyone, so it is the luck of the draw that you can blame for being outcreeped when you get the marine with shockwave, defend, and acid rain!
Back to top Go down
Xejon
Nooblet
Nooblet
Xejon

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:31 am

My team wins.
Back to top Go down
dpb_94
Nooblet
Nooblet
dpb_94

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:00 pm

hey really sorry to say this like last min. but i just found out that im gana be gone longer than i thought and wont be back till tue. so i will be un able to play in the tourney
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 3:54 pm

You wont be back until tuesday the 28th or like the tuesday after that?
Back to top Go down
dpb_94
Nooblet
Nooblet
dpb_94

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:28 pm

the 28th
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:30 pm

well if you could play tuesday night I personally think that would be ok, otherwise I will have to kick someone else out.
Back to top Go down
dpb_94
Nooblet
Nooblet
dpb_94

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:32 pm

ok if its alright to do that then im am definitely still gana play
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:48 pm

yep, thats fine, though i wouldnt anticipate getting picked too highly as a teammate Wink
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:52 pm

so do we get to pick our builds or is it random?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:58 pm

the better player...you, me, glorn, piss, drac and kon will be random, the not as good will be able to pick
Back to top Go down
yiff_fox
Average Player
Average Player
yiff_fox

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:24 pm

are those the only rules i random my char and the stuff thats picked at start?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:53 pm

read the rules in the first post...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc   Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Tournie - Teams, Schedule, etc
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next