Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Subz' Bug Thread V2 I_vote_lcapSubz' Bug Thread V2 I_voting_barSubz' Bug Thread V2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Subz' Bug Thread V2 I_vote_lcapSubz' Bug Thread V2 I_voting_barSubz' Bug Thread V2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Subz' Bug Thread V2

Go down 
+2
Glorn2
Subz
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

Subz' Bug Thread V2 Empty
PostSubject: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 pm

I decided to do every single item in the game, and provide edits to them for you to put in. This first section will consist of only item issues. Ignore them or edit them, its up to you Glorn.

My first thread just wasn't cool enough for me, so this is the new and improved one.

Blacksmith

Blacksmith - Swap "Gauntlets of Strength" around with "Axe".
Glyph of Power - Replace the first sentence with "Gives +4 to all stats when worn". I think theres 2 spaces after the word "worn."
Axe - Missing the "Only one weapon can be used at a time". "+9 attack damage bonus."
Crown of the Mind - Capitalize "intelligence".
Gauntlet of Strength - Add an "s" at the end of "Gauntlet".
Sword - Uncapitalize the word "Attack".
Magic Shield - Uncapitalize the word "Protection". Comma after "Protection".
Scale Mail - Uncapitalize the word "Protection" and "Armor". Change the first period to a comma.
Gem of True Seeing - Change from "Seeing" to "Sight". (Sounds better, imo)
Orb of Range - Replace the first part to "A basic orb, makes the Hero's...".

Low-Range Items

Totemic Glyph - Replace the first part with "Gives +8 to all stats when worn." Add a period to the end of the second part.
Magus Cloak - Add the word "the" after "Increases".
Rod of Might - Replace everything with "Increases Intelligence and Strength by 10 when worn."
Warrior's Ring - Replace everything with "Increases Strength and Agility by 10 when worn."
Gauntlets of Speed - Needs a period at the end.

I have the rest done on paper, I'll type it out tomorrow. I need a break, haha.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:14 pm

heh; keep it up. I feel glad right now though; because THESE tooltips were created by Slayer, and I dont think his first language is english.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:51 pm

oooo ive got some. you swap around intellect and inteligence a whole lot throughout item descriptions, nothing big at all but it looks better when everything is written the same. also, one of the 3 tokens in early game irecepies has -6 damage reduc. as description. is it 6 damage reduction? or are you really taking more damage o.O
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:17 pm

updated to this point.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:52 pm

heres a biggie (in terms of time)

in the hero taverns you can "choose" a hero "hire" a hero "select" a hero and more. it should be the same through out all the hero taverns. on the same note, the select, hire, etc are in different colors on certain heros. that should be the same throughout imho.

the portal that leads u to the archon portals could be centered.

the lvl 5 player level agi hero is a weak attempt at nothing in my opinion. you could buff him or change him. 2.7 bat with terrible ms and stats? cmon...
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:07 am

He has horrible stats and Bat because although he is a range hero his attacks register as melee attacks use this nugget of info to your advantage.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:00 am

he has horrible stats cuz...

"you dont like him, dont use him"
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:42 am

ok... so i can use crit master with him without getting screwed by ava... that it?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:50 am

actualllllyyyyy... I wonder how the mechanics on those guys work; and I am curious as to where didnot got that from... cuz.. he is just like all of the other ranged heroes. So, I'm 90% sure that didnot just made it up, because it is entertaining to say stuff like that, so that silly things become "OP" in the eyes of players...
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:35 pm

He's the Craziest Cat (Footmen Frenzy Rider Furion) model right? Trust me his attacks register as melee.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:12 am

lol, you dont know much about object editor, do you?

that is a skin, and only a skin, and nothing but a skin. I can import a dirty sock, that is only 2 dimensional, with no animations.. and it would still have an attack back swing, foreswing, cast times, and be clasified as ranged or agility.

What happened in footmen frenzy. Whoever made that map, forgot to select "Missile" as weapon type. (which I selected) Really, you can give anyone melee attack types, no matter the range. Remember KOTR back in labs edit? only 125 range (actually 25 less than all other melee attackers) but his attack type was set to ranged... so, he wouldnt be hurt on spikes or frost armor... or crit on ava...

Everything you see in other games, doesnt always hold true in CHA; it is all about the mistakes people make.. and occasionally, the things they do intentionally.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:11 am

Not about what I seen in other games I know the crazy cats attacks in custom hero arena revolution beta 20 register as melee.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:25 am

major problem/expliot, the corrupt flesh actually corrupts in a small aoe and not the target, allowing you to corrupt 2 melee attackers on you if, they stand close together, or more easily you can exploit ti if you have whirlpool either way, change corrupt to a small aoe cast or to a single target in both the description and in reality.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:46 pm

im pretty sure thats been common knowledge since the skills existence charge
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:03 pm

still, its not an intended effect, so it should be changed one way or another.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 pm

actually i think it is an intended effect lol
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:04 pm

indeed it has always been... It has been like that since the skill was created.. when you were just a twinkle in your fathers eye...

Amazing the things we had to learn way back in the day...

You sure the skill info says nothing about a "small area"??? Darkness is the same thing, actually. ~150-200 AoE, I believe. But, yeh know... 5 years of it being that way; easy for people to miss older things...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 pm

still it should be fixed, either the tool tip or the casting
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 pm

its not like it really matters either way >.>
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:20 pm

it does, cause its pretty imba with whirlpool, and it would be also good if you had a small aoe clicker on it, would be easier to catch more heros
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:44 pm

ok well foul earth is pretty imba with wrath of hell, doesnt mean hes going to change it lol
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:49 pm

an AoE clicker on it? you dont put a lotta thought into your statements, do you?

Given that concept, an "AoE clicker" it would be a "point" target... not a unit. It has a travel time, and a really small AoE. You could never, EVER target a unit who is moving, and hit them.

the tiny AoE that a lot of skills have, is intended to be part of that "skill curve" that some people talk about.

I will include in the tooltip that there is a tiny AoE; but, using skills together, that work very well together, is not OP. It is like roots+fire wall. Slow Ward+death and decay, Banish+Nova. If you can get the entire other team to stand on top of each other, then they deserve to be hit with it?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:58 pm

well not if its a targeted ability. thats just punishing people, because you were too lazy to accurately describe the skills... not labeling things accurately isn't a learning curve, that making things deliberately unclear.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 am

whine whine whine.. stupid dotaers...

If you really wanted me to add in everything that is effected when casting a spell, every spell would quite literally be a page long...

Spell Buffer range, back swing, foreswing, cast delay, missle speed, cast animation, missile spawn time, pathing size, Z offset, turn rate.... And those are just the ones off the top of my head. Seriously, you have seen the object editor, you know there there is about 4 pages of information that makes each skill or hero. I gotta condense all the information down into 5-6 lines.

you wouldnt believes all the tiny things you dont know about the game, that, when added up, are game changing. Why dont you know these things? because no one really cares!

Back in the day, all of us "players" had to learn to play the game, with what the game was. What fun is a walkthrough?!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 am

ya, don't bitch at me because the tool tip says something that is wrong... honestly ad hom me more, idc but you are changing an issue of something being actually wrong in the tooltip to me saying the tool tip doesnt' say enough, which is clearly what i have not said in this thread. and honestly i don't give a shit what you had to "learn" back in the day, im not asking for a walkthrough, i do expect if a tool tip says something it should be true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subz' Bug Thread V2   Subz' Bug Thread V2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Subz' Bug Thread V2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next