Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
This probably doesn't belong here EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
This probably doesn't belong here EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
This probably doesn't belong here EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
This probably doesn't belong here EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
This probably doesn't belong here EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
This probably doesn't belong here EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
This probably doesn't belong here EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
This probably doesn't belong here I_vote_lcapThis probably doesn't belong here I_voting_barThis probably doesn't belong here I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
This probably doesn't belong here I_vote_lcapThis probably doesn't belong here I_voting_barThis probably doesn't belong here I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

This probably doesn't belong here

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

This probably doesn't belong here Empty
PostSubject: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 12:10 am

Can anyone help me find an easier way to make a trigger that;
-When unit x uses an item then an ability will be added to that unit x and the item removed.

- To remove the ability, there's another unit y with an ability that removes the ability from unit x and adds the item to unit x's inventory that the ability originally came from.

-I need unit x to be able to have 4 abilities in the following button positions;
0,2 1,2 2,2 3,2. All of them removable.

-unit y also has 4 abilities (in the same button position as unit x) but these are to remove each of unit x's abilities.

I've tried it for one ability and it works fine, but as soon as i try to add a second ability from an item nothing happens.

Here are my triggers so far
TO ADD THE ABILITY
Code:
Bowgun add
    Events
        Unit - A unit Uses an item
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Bowgun[(Integer A)]
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Add Bowguns[(Integer A)] to (Triggering unit)
                    Else - Actions
TO REMOVER THE ABILITY
TO REMOVE THE ABILITY
Code:
Bowgun remove
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Weapon to Item
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 15, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove Bowguns[(Integer A)] from Heros[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                        Hero - Create Bowgun[(Integer A)] and give it to Heros[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
                    Else - Actions
Let me know if you need anymore information :O.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:02 am

yeah, need a lot more info; what do your variables represent? Obviously 'heroes' is set to the players hero; what is bowguns(integer A) That is, you set all 15 integers to what? An item? Various items?

However, to clarify your problem, assuming Bowguns(A) are your skills? and Bowgun(A) are your items, correct? At the start, you check for the item being used to cast the spell; so you will only get a skill based on whichever item you are using to make the transfer of items to skills.

Your second trigger, if you do not need a condition in the if/then/else statement, then simply use the actions, it will be smoother. And your problem with the second trigger is:
Code:
Hero - Create Bowgun[(Integer A)] and give it to Heros[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
This will give your hero all 15 arrays of bowgun.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Facepuncher
Nooblet
Nooblet
Facepuncher

PostSubject: Re: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:40 am

^^Yeah... There's a trigger missing here, if glorn's response didn't help, we're gonna need to see where your variables were set.
Back to top Go down
Exalted_Fighter
Average Player
Average Player
Exalted_Fighter

PostSubject: Re: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Well. Well I think u need an integrer b and change the the name from bowgun to gunbow.That should fix your problems.

2+2 is 39 and a piece of pie.

Sorry just ignore me. I just wanted to say something stupid and waaalahhhh^^^ there it is
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/straight_up_me
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

im not sure in your code what is you item, what you hero is and what your skill is. i kinda get it, but its not too clear
Back to top Go down
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

PostSubject: Re: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:20 am

Nice information thanks so far.

Here is my hero variable
Code:
Hero selection
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Weapon Selection <gen>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Weapon Selection <gen>) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Heros[1] = (Picked unit)
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
                            Then - Actions
                                Set Heros[2] = (Picked unit)
                            Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Set Heros[3] = (Picked unit)
                                    Else - Actions
                                            If - Conditions
                                                (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Set Heros[4] = (Picked unit)
                                            Else - Actions
                                                    If - Conditions
                                                        (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
                                                    Then - Actions
                                                        Set Heros[5] = (Picked unit)
                                                    Else - Actions
                                                            If - Conditions
                                                                (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
                                                            Then - Actions
                                                                Set Heros[6] = (Picked unit)
                                                            Else - Actions
                                                                    If - Conditions
                                                                        (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
                                                                    Then - Actions
                                                                        Set Heros[7] = (Picked unit)
                                                                    Else - Actions
                                                                            If - Conditions
                                                                                (Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Player 8 (Pink)
                                                                            Then - Actions
                                                                                Set Heros[8] = (Picked unit)
                                                                            Else - Actions

I have yet to add more items/abilities for the bowgun variables.
but so far it's just;
[code]Variables 1
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Set Bowgun[1] = Bowgun
Set Bowguns[1] = Bowgun
[code]

That's all i've done for it so far
Bowgun = item-type (array 15)
Bowguns = Ability (array 15)

I need to make a similar trigger to another 5 abilities that have 15 types [arrays] (not levels but upgrades if you like) so 6 "weapons" and each of them have 15 types.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This probably doesn't belong here   This probably doesn't belong here Empty

Back to top Go down

This probably doesn't belong here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com