Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? I_vote_lcapBase Attack Speed, good or bad? I_voting_barBase Attack Speed, good or bad? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Base Attack Speed, good or bad? I_vote_lcapBase Attack Speed, good or bad? I_voting_barBase Attack Speed, good or bad? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Base Attack Speed, good or bad?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Base Attack Speed, good or bad? Empty
PostSubject: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 6:04 pm

On the other forum, neurapraxia brought this topic up, but didnt really look into it past "it isnt a very big difference" So, I am here to educate you all about exactly how strong BAT is!

So, lets look at this with the real highest and lowest attack values...
Slithery is 1.9
Dark elf is 2.5 (was 2.6 in the supreme series)

Slitherys Max attacks per second: 2.63
Dark Elf Max attacks per second: 2

In 1 second a dark elf attacks twice, in the same second, slithery attacks 2.63 time. Using very simply math you can determine that:
For every 1 attack from the dark elf, slithery gets 1.315 attacks.

Using more simply math, you can easily determine that if slithery, and a dark elf had the same damage, and maxed out attack speed, then slithery would be dealing 31.5% more damage, simply from the attack speed.

For A comparison,
Death strike is 5% chance to crit for 6.5X. 5% times 20 is 100%, 5.5(have to remove 1x, which is your base damage) divided by 20 is .275, or 27.5%

Using slithery versus dark elf, you have more damage output over the dark elf, than if you had a level 12 death strike. if DS crit for 7.2X then it would be the same damage output.

Now, those are the most extreme cases, but I can assure you, that BAT plays a very large roll end game.

Last edited by Glorn2 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:26 pm

How do you determine attacks per game second?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:52 pm

max attack speed is 400%. base attack speed is 100% (obviously) so, to find max attack speed, you take 5 (500%) and divide it by base attack speed. that gives you max attack per second.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:22 pm

This is why you never let Timmy or Slithery make it to end game.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 11:56 pm

yiff either... but as glorn pointed out it wont make a gigantic difference till the late game and generally low stat low bat heroes are the playtoys of anyone playing aggressively or smart
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:42 am

it makes a pretty nasty difference mid game too.,.. if you have any abilities that rely on your attack like MEA or pulz or anything really
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 am

you were right though this post could use some work.

This is comparing roughly and w/o calculators how much extra damage you get from MEA in a timmy vs Dark Ranger Scenario

what i meant was if you are getting an extra say in the timmy/darkranger example getting an extra .315 attack instances from MEA will give you... This makes this skill just plain better on heroes with low BAT. However, when you look at the raw damage output its amazing. say with max level MEA-Resistences the enemy is taking 60 real damage from an attack. thats an extra 19 dps... over the period of a duel that consists of 1 full minute of actual fighting (subtracting kiting etc) you get a real damage advantage of 1100 damage roughly this may seem like a lot, but it hurts like hell.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:22 pm

think about it though... 19 DPS. 20 life regen completely counters the largest attack speed gap in the world? from leveling alone, dark elf gains 2X the agility that timmy gains. that is 90 attack damage per attack from leveling stats alone. with 80% damage rediction; that is still 18 damage per attack; or ~30 DPS. In a 60 second duel this is ~1800 damage; from the fact that dark elf gains more agility as she levels throughout the game.

Really; there is not a lot of ground to cover between the two. If you play your build well, and can heavily outgold your opponent like you should, then you can also beat them in the late game. The reason timmy builds usually win in the late game is because people pick 3 late game abilities on a timmy; and limp along until they can finally kill creeps.

I am not gonna say that BAT is useless; it isnt. In comparisons between the fastest and slowest; it is a huge difference. Between most heroes though; who range by ~ .2 BAT, it is not a very big deal. a .2 BAT difference, at max attack speed, is only a ~.1 attack instance difference. That is, about 10% increased DPS from auto attacking. End game, you can tome up 10% damage in seconds. 10% of 1000 damage is only 100. How easily can you buy an item that gives 100 to your main stat? less than 10,000G for an item. To tome it, it is 16000. Still, not bad. Why? Because if you are playing a poor BAT hero; it is balance so as that they have earlier game strengths. I honestly feel as though winning the first duel is much more important than having .2 BAT over your opponent. Again; if winning the first duel gives you a slight lead; allowing you to creep only slightly faster; by the time you reach max attack speed; you would have easily gained that 10-16k extra gold to make up for the DPS loss of your BAT.

^^This is why I pick Lich a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Base Attack Speed, good or bad?   Base Attack Speed, good or bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Base Attack Speed, good or bad?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com