Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Triggering the creeps EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Triggering the creeps EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Triggering the creeps EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Triggering the creeps EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Triggering the creeps EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Triggering the creeps EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Triggering the creeps EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Triggering the creeps EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Triggering the creeps EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Triggering the creeps I_vote_lcapTriggering the creeps I_voting_barTriggering the creeps I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Triggering the creeps I_vote_lcapTriggering the creeps I_voting_barTriggering the creeps I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Triggering the creeps

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

Triggering the creeps Empty
PostSubject: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey Glorn, what was the trigger you used to;
Respawn more creeps after killing the ones in a certain area i.e Farming?
Code:
Level 1a
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 10.00 seconds
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                And - All (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        (Number of units in (Units in Region 014 <gen>)) Equal to 0
            Then - Actions
                Set Point[8] = (Random point in Region 014 <gen>)
                Unit - Create 1 Level1Creeps[(Random integer number between 1 and 14)] for Neutral Hostile at Point[8] facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Create 1 Level1Creeps[(Random integer number between 1 and 14)] for Neutral Hostile at Point[8] facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:  call RemoveLocation( udg_Point[8] )

Thats what i got. How can this be improved?

I know that seems fine but if they chase you out of that region at the wrong time more will spawn.
Can you help with a trigger like, unit dies wait 10 sec replace with random unit at position of dying unit?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Code:
Normal Spawn
    Events
        Time - Every 24.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Number of units in (Units in Spawn Bottom Left 1 <gen> owned by Neutral Hostile)) Less than 3
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 (Random level AvgFinder creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Spawn Bottom Left 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Number of units in (Units in Spawn Bottom Left 3 Area <gen> owned by Neutral Hostile)) Less than 5
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 (Random level AvgFinder creep unit-type) for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in Spawn Bottom Left 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
            Else - Actions

I have a region that is my spawn region; then I have a much larger region over that, to make sure if a unit chases you; it will still be counted when considering whether new units should spawn or not. Of course, you can also set various limits to the amount of creeps you want to be able to spawn in a given location. With mine; units that summon can still summon more units without a problem; but once there is that limit; no more are created. If I wanted to be a little more precise; I would add a condition: "(Units in region (owned by neutral hostile not equal to (is a summoned unit equal to true))) less than 5
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:25 pm

OH very nice, Thanks alot for that, ill probably be asking alot more question on this website because my maps has so many flaws.
Back to top Go down
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:32 am

Hey glorn do you have a old cha unprotected map that i could refer to to help me?
It would prevent me from asking more question on this site
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 am

uhh, yeah, i can give you an old edit. however, a lot of the base coding is in deprotected JASS; so is REALLY difficult to understand... Like, I dont even really understand it.

For other help, I suggest www.thehelper.net search for what you need help with, and there is already a post with the answer. I cant count how many times they have helped me out in a pickle.
Back to top Go down
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:23 am

Yeah i usually go on there, infact i would have if you hadnt replied so fast the first few times.
Any open GUI version that you woulnt mind sharing?

I might have to learn JASS everyone tell me how good it is in terms of efficiency.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

well, the old map is only about... 1/3 JASS. My new map isnt done; and no offense, but im not willing to share it yet. For anything that you cant get from the old edit; i can help you with though. I still use a JASS system to do the skill selection; simply because of how long it would take to re-write the same thing in GUI, and baka-ranger's system really doesnt seem too good for CHA.
Back to top Go down
onejube
Nooblet
Nooblet
onejube

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:55 am

fair enough ill start learning JASS straight away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triggering the creeps   Triggering the creeps Empty

Back to top Go down

Triggering the creeps
Page 1 of 1