Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
What's with the tension in chao? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
What's with the tension in chao? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
What's with the tension in chao? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
What's with the tension in chao? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
What's with the tension in chao? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
What's with the tension in chao? I_vote_lcapWhat's with the tension in chao? I_voting_barWhat's with the tension in chao? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
What's with the tension in chao? I_vote_lcapWhat's with the tension in chao? I_voting_barWhat's with the tension in chao? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

What's with the tension in chao?

Go down 
+3
sami_gurl
imsofattest
Glorn2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

What's with the tension in chao? Empty
PostSubject: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:50 pm

Quite a few times now, I have witnessed chao members talking bad about cha0, myself, and the members of cha0 in a negative way. As anyone who has been in chao for more than 4 months would know, chao has gone downhill in terms of maturity; but really? To this level? I advertise your clan, I make your map, I built your forum, and other than occasionally pointing out your immature members, I say nothing negative about your clan.

Seriously, this immaturity disgusts me to no end -there is a reason you rarely see me online anymore. I'm gonna talk to my clan, and see if they wanna grow on their own, and stop hanging out with chao, if they wanna disband, or what. Because as it is, chao members seem to resent us; If not for the clan, I would have quit CHA a while ago. That reasoning has gone out the window though.

Last edited by Glorn2 on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:28 pm

wth who are you talkin about? i personally havent seen anyone taklin shit about cha0 and i havent even heard of you talkin about immature people other than tellin me to cool it sometimes
if someone talks shit about cha0 ill kick them out of the clan myself but so far i havent seen any of this and im on almost all the time
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:45 pm

ive never seen anyone talk bad about cha0.. like, literally not even once...

also....... Tension*

college degree at work Wink
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:18 pm

mmm, gotta love that new york state education! You wouldnt believe the grammar courses I've never taken...

ANYWAY, it has never been a MAJOR thing, not like an individual person. It could just be the dissolving overall attitude of the CHA community that is making me more edgy than usual; and the occasional cha0 comments are just icing on the cake.

I cant tell the CHA community to "grow up" because, this is after all just a game. However, the reason I havent quit this in the past has been because I enjoyed the community. The cha community has turned into 4chan though. Those of you who dont know, that is a bad thing. Those who do know, hopefully you are entertained by that comparison ^_^
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:03 pm

lol, college..

if only people werent such bitches....................... im immune from this, as i am awesome Wink

and i dont think 4chao is a bad thing all the time, just the fact that it has turned into 4chao most of the time.. If it was spread out a bit, it would be fine as 4chao is awfully entertaining when you are in a shitty mood =p
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:55 am

well i understand what glorn is talking about and i have actually seen once or twice that members talk something "negatively" about cha0, but well, negative is a very general term...
However, if there's anything said badly about cha0, i think new members will be responsible for that because of the comparism between the two clans. There seems to be a misunderstanding of cha0 members are "always" better than chao members . I mean most of the cha0 members are from chao, though most of them were in the clan longer than the members in chao, still there shouldn't be any differences between the two clans, remember the reason why cha0 is created is because chao has too many members on its own.

anyway, remember how we recruit new members, we merely tested their skills in cha, some shitty personalities might not be shown at that time but after that person joined.

And glorn, lets not talk about quitting, i'd hate to see that word Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AngelofChaos
Nooblet
Nooblet
AngelofChaos

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:21 am

Competition brings out the worse in mortals. What is this topic about Im a little confused. Is this the whole problem chao/cha0? Two of the same clan? Your the same clan hang your ego's at the door and just play.

I see this all the time. If you think this is bad look at the whole who is better East or West debates you see on forums. Before anyone gets the chance to bring that up East may be better at hero arena games but its only because its a melting pot of everybody. Most of the hero arena creators came from east. So the tournaments were held at east which forced the really good players from west and europe to move over to east. The only way to prove you are good or among the best is to win tournaments or advance far in them.

Just play nicely children. Eventually everyone loses once in a while it doesnt really matter to whom you lose to. Clan tags dont mean anything.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 11:45 am

The second clan was created because at the time, chao was full. Cha0 was created to be the same clan as chao. A lot of newer members (as Konyiu pointed out) dont know the reasons for two clans. And many of them are invited purely based on skill, rather than maturity. There was no intention for there to be competition between the two clans. If there was, then I would say flame away, competition is good. However, if there was competition, I wouldnt have chao written all over my map, and the names of chao shaman on my map; or built a forum for the chao clan, or send people interested in joining a CHA clan to chao; or tell my clan that chao chat is where we go, because we are part of their clan.

There seems to be a lot of 1 sided competition, and it is rather annoying. Competition would be bad between the 2 clans, because no offense, but my clan holds most of the assets. Me and verti agreed during the split that competition would be harmful to the CHA community. Sadly, verti plays WM all the time, and only plays CHA 1.6. So soon I assume he will be leaving chao for Irons clan.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:48 pm

verti leaving chao? since when is this happening
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 7:06 pm

that was a joke :p Remember when iron left, he gave a speech on how he would only play 1.6 and dota? again, that was a joke, verti is not leaving chao (well, not to my knowledge)
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:27 pm

ohhhh lol sorry didnt catch that one
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 9:16 pm

lol first off no i am NOT leaving anytime soon, especially now that 3.0 is out. I play wintermaul more now because the games are faster and way easier to play one handed both of which are quite handy (pun intended) when I am holding a baby or working. Also I have played maybe 2 games of 1.6 in the last 3 months, 1 was with lab and a bunch of other clan peeps, the other was like 2 days ago when i was in a random mood and we had a small clan match. I do still play quite a bit of 2.1 but more so with random pubs in order to recruit, plus quite honestly I usually lose in clan only games, and while I don't care if i lose sometimes people get a bit...inflated... when they beat me. Im pretty sure I'm always the first to say I am not chief cuz I am the best.

Now that my situation is clarified... onto the 'tinshunn'

Glorn is completely right in what he is saying about cha0 being a break off of the same clan and competition between the 2 causing seperation, because yea the active cha0 member would own 85% or more of the active chao members. Although I would also have to agree that I have never heard anything negative being said about cha0, unless it was jar talkin about it being inactive, but seeing as how he was cha0 that doesn't really count. I think I have probably said it isn't as active as we thought it might be, and I have explained to people 'why glorn left chao' a lot but again nothing really negative at all.

I guess going forward we have 3 options:

1. chao currently has like 60 members i think and im not sure how many people are in cha0 but I would assume its much less than 40. we could for the time being unsplit the 2 to remove any confusion and maybe even help out with our overall maturity.

2. cha0 can say eff you guys im goin home and split completely, which would probably mean no forum for chao and just genernally piss people off who are as of right now perfectly happy i think. (verti does not like this option)

3. we can keep the clan layout as is, keep a short reasoning behind cha0 on the motd, address any current ill feelings going on, and move on (verti thinks this is probably the best for now)
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:05 am

lol.. all i said was its inactive.. only people i see on is glorn, accursed, grim hasnt been on in a while, and idk who else since im not in it anymore.. but i think them 2 are good enough to make up the clan haha
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 12:07 am

hey, in a 2v2 tourny, we would do pretty good :p

jagged has been pretty active lately though... but yeah.. i dont see many members... they all log on a few times a week, but i rarely see them. Could be my estranged hours. ><
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 pm

well u can count on me to tell u whos on since im on alot lol
ya accursed is good in 2v2 ive never seen him 1v1 tho.. we always the same in 2v2 though same stats and level lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's with the tension in chao?   What's with the tension in chao? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's with the tension in chao?
Page 1 of 1