Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
well, I have a big bug to report... I_vote_lcapwell, I have a big bug to report... I_voting_barwell, I have a big bug to report... I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
well, I have a big bug to report... I_vote_lcapwell, I have a big bug to report... I_voting_barwell, I have a big bug to report... I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

well, I have a big bug to report...

Go down 
+3
sami_gurl
verti89
Glorn2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

well, I have a big bug to report... Empty
PostSubject: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeh know how brilliance auras (and other auras) say `increase by 100%` or whatever.. well they are wrong! Most likely with every game on battle.net. The origional tooltip was made on a unit with 1 mana regen, so by entering 1.00 regen, if it were a percent would be 100%, but if it is 1 mana regen, it is also a 100% mana increase. While closely looking at some WE shit, I realized, that there is no way to `Increase mana regen by 100%` or, well, increase base mana regen. It is based on your total mana, or it is based on a set number. Numbers cannot go below .01 or 1%, so to base it on that, would mean that with 10,000 mana, you would have 100 mana per second regen. Which isnt too OP for late game, but that is the lowest it can possibly go in WC3, is 1%. So, after taking a quick look at how I have them set to 600% I could quickly see that it was in fact 6.00 as a number, not as a percent. For my entertainment, i set it to percent, and started a game... I regained full mana the second I clicked anything.

the way we all assumed it worked (based on blizzard tooltips)
All heroes have a base mana regen, and every int you get, increases that. In cha, it is .25 base, and a .01 increase per point. So, a hero with 25 int is gaining 1 mana every other second. It was assumed that a 100% aura, would be doubling that, to 1 per second. nope, a 1% aura was adding 1 mana regen.. which is still very close to the base, and you would think `game time is faster than real time, so it is going faster` By the time you get a 600% aura, you have mana regen from other shit, a bit of int, and you have no idea how to take all items and skills into account, you just see high mana regen, and you like it! really, that is only 6 mana regen from the aura... the rest is from your int...

I guess I could be wrong on this, i will run tests and ask around, but based on all the tests I just did, and based on other similar skills... It would seem that the brilliance aura numbers are pretty silly... HOWEVER, the items that give regen, not from an aura, DO increase the base %... which is most likely why so many people have been thrown off by this.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:25 pm

so in other words...brilliance aura as a skill is about as useless as i had decided it was... i KNEW something wasn't right.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 3:45 pm

verti was............... right?!?! holy shit =p
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

no way... that makes absolutely no sense.
i had about no int and only the regen from the archmagus cloak on the battlemage and i had a level 7 brilliance aura and i was regening about 40 mana per second. how does that work?
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:20 pm

archmagus cloak is how much regen? like 100%, right? that regen is based on your other regen... lvl 7 brill is 3.5 your base was prolly1.5 or so at the time. are you sure you didnt have 10 per second?

i am willing to look at any replays people can come up with.. but based on what the skill says, it is either a set amount, or a percent based on your total mana.

try it without some other type of mana regen in there, just a brilliance aura and some mana... do super start, use some mana, then dump 5 points into brilliance... your regen will only go up about 2.5 mana per second...

but yeah, test it out, get visible results, and I wont change anything.. but so far, ive simply turned brilliance auras into a `mana per second` which i feel is working great anyway.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm

Your right dota had this very same problem with their hero Crystal Maiden and some others like Razor, as it turned out the aura that did % were misleading. So back when Razor had +200% hp regen he really only had +2HP regen. Crystal Maiden had about 150% brilliance aura it was infact 1.5 Mana Regen, she under went some changes they ended up making her aura global and a flat rate +3MP(soon nerfed to 2MP). I kind of thought you already knew this so I didnt bother to report this, its one of those things that are assumed.

+100% FLAT WORKS
+100% AURA IS REALLY +1

ANY QUESTIONS?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:12 pm

I have never ever played dota, so I wish I knew this.. with the brilliance auras that already existed, they were broken, I didnt know any better so I just copy/pasted and changed the value. Silly me!

I have changed all of them to flat rates.. They will all be tested, but based on how well the items worked without any real regen, I didnt add a lot of regen to them.

My next question (you may be able to answer) Lets say I have a 400% flat regen, and a 30 mp/s brilliance aura... is the 30 multiplied by the 400%? making it 120 of course.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:38 pm

About that give or take, game values dont work the same as real life values so it maybe 126 or 122 or 129 so lets say aproximately to be more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:38 am

hmm, well, in that case, there is still a LOT of potential for mana shield users!

Also, I finally set unholy aura to regen life, because it was the same way brilliance was... I set it to a solid number, maxing around... 42? something like that... but the range is 1000, cant be purged, dispelled, has no mana cost, and all the other great `AFK-I WIN` things that any passive should have. but, 42 regen at level 23 is no joking matter, with some good armor, I doubt anyone can touch that, especially with allies and a spirit link!
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 am

Didnt I point this out to you already in the unholy values post?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:59 am

you pointed out that it only added a couple regen, you had no explination as to why... i could have pointed out that the regen was very low :p Now I have a reason and a way to fix it.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 5:32 pm

While we are on the subject of bugs The Rag quest has a few the most annoying of which is the portal not working I dont mind that certain skills or passives cause rag or rags nanny to interfere but that portal has actually cost me some really close games. Go to the portal nothing happens have to go kill the the archon a total of about I dont know 5-7 minutes for your enemy to capitalize. Im sure its won me a few games too, still no game should come down to a glitch deciding who wins. Heavily noticable when Rags the win condition. Pain in the ass to win a duel and then get screwed by the rag portal.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:16 pm

yeah, ive had that glitch happen to me quite a few times. As ive said a billion times, I cant read and fix slayers origional code. This has been a problem... forever also, I believe it is caused by starting the rag quest, then getting called for a duel, and it doesnt register that you left the rag quest area, which is why the portal isnt working. As the archons are part of the rag quest, by killing one, you set the rag quest back a knotch. Also, if your teamate is locked outta the rag quest, he can kill an archon, then join you. It is a highly abusable system.

I actually have learned already how to re-code the entire rag quest, but in slayers code, all his variables are connected to other things and other triggers... so to delete 1 trigger, makes 20 not work... to fix those 20, makes 60 others not work... I spent like 3 hours trying to work around it, but to no avail.

What is this you say about passives and other skills causing rag and his guard to inerfere?
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 6:38 pm

If your on team two and have pulverize it will make rag come over and attack you. If you use any aoe skill in the rag quest or rejuve and some other things like wards etc, either rag will come and attack you or nanny will throw a vortex your way. Huge handicap to team two especially nanny running over and vortexing you.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:54 pm

hmm, yeah, ive had those things happen to me, but never thought much of it... i am not on team 2 that often. I will set it so rag and nanny are set to hold position until they become vulnerable; that is a pretty easy fix... I`m not positive it will work on the insanely long distance of vortex, but it might! I wil also lower his aggro range, that may help.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:12 pm

another thing, fix the fucking corruption guard... i hate that son of a bitch so much...

ruins games for me pretty frequently..
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:28 pm

only noobs get corrupt orbs...

there, I said it!
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 8:37 pm

lol, i only like it for the doombringer. mostly cuz that name is sexy as fuck..
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 am

only noobs lose to corruption orbs, score-
corruption orbs:
noobs:
best noob pwning device ever created Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Niggonometry
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Niggonometry

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:43 am

Looks like unholy aura is going to be my new favorite defensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well, I have a big bug to report...   well, I have a big bug to report... Empty

Back to top Go down

well, I have a big bug to report...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Map Related Discussion :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com