Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHA's Worst Feature EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHA's Worst Feature EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHA's Worst Feature EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHA's Worst Feature EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHA's Worst Feature EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHA's Worst Feature EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHA's Worst Feature EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHA's Worst Feature I_vote_lcapCHA's Worst Feature I_voting_barCHA's Worst Feature I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
CHA's Worst Feature I_vote_lcapCHA's Worst Feature I_voting_barCHA's Worst Feature I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHA's Worst Feature

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Soul_Th1rst
Unranked
Unranked

CHA's Worst Feature Empty
PostSubject: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 am

Shared experience.

Ruins teamgames for a whole team if they have a bad player. As if it werent hard enough to go against an enemy team with more competant players than yours, now you are gimped experience from that person who can't kill creeps, or sits in base, essentially preventing what little hope you had to outplay your opponents.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:23 am

You know there was a time where I would of completely agree with you Soul. However after a while I've come to find share experience more balanced.  I'll explain why... fact is noobs suck...  Imagine if you will no shared experience;
The chain of events

You kill the first camp of creeps.  You're now level 2 mean while none of your allies or opponents have left the base yet.

You kill a second camp of creeps you're now level 3. Your opponents are now just leaving their base and proceeding to 3 man farm up top... Your allies are doing the same except they're 2.

You proceed to steal their bottom row of camps..  You're now level 5 to their 1 (They're almost 2)
You go over gank them for the easy triple kill and a free level up.

You kill the spawns your allies didn't touch...

First duel comes and you're level 8 your allies are level 2 and your opponents are either level 2 or 1 depends how long they spent crying about your triple kill.

After the duel is done your allies are level 3 and your level 9...
Lets do some quick math here (2 Level 3's)  (3 Level 2's) & (1 Level 9)
Bringing the average creep spawn to level 4 troublesome for your allies to farm and leading to your opponents running to camps dying over and over again.  Mean while you gain a level for every 2 spawns you kill while it takes them and your allies a solid 2 minutes to gain a single level.

After duel #2 Nobody can farm except for you ^_^   (Kind of sucks when your ally is a slow learner) Slow Learner: "I can't kill anything can I farm with you?"   Restore Try Harder "NO!!!! FARM ON YOUR OWN NOOB SHIT"  Team Killing commences shortly afterwards ^_^

You know what kind of build is extremely imbalance in that format?
Farmer
Late Game Skill
Mana Restore
Speed Burst
Probably a farmer ulty although it truly wouldn't matter...

Whomever can keep their allies the fuck away from their spawns at level 1 & or the longest away from them basically auto wins...

Shared Experience helped open the door for many other builds/ideas to come to light and help to where random builds weren't auto lose every single game.  Other wise the game today would be a stale ass mana restore bomb battle. (me ranting not important to topic ^_^ )  Seriously anyone who whines about their random build being impossible to play is simply a moron.  You lost because your were out picked or out played not because your random was unplayable. You want to complain about having no chance in hell try playing a random build vs. a restore try hard in versions 2.0-3.1  Add to that them being on your team stealing most of the farm and wondering why you don't want to except the -switch commands with them being 5+ levels ahead of you.  Another important note shared experience made switching easier. Why? Because nobody wants to sit through a fap fest of you scoring another 20 kills. With them being the same level as you it gives the illusion that they're good and could possibly take you if switched to the opposing team.

Something that's not advertise but in a 3 vs 3 with shared experience it is entirely possible for 1 of the 3 to have absolutely no farmer at all and still be able to contribute to the win.  Assuming both teams are confident that is ^_^.  Surprise dragon punch/consume/whirlpool  butt sex anyone?

The truly sad thing about share experience is although players are more out to stay sometimes you simply want them to leave instead lol! 

What goes on in a baddies head losing team: Hey we may be losing but I can't be doing that badly I'm the same level as that guy and the other guy.

His teammates: OMFG FARM LEAVE THE DAMN BASE...  "WHY THE FUCK DO YOU HAVE +300 Strength/ Intelligence you're an agility hero bro"  Ugh just leave man...

While in duel 2 vs 1
Baddie has just left the game opposing team now only needs -1 kills to win.
Great...  (We've all been there before man)

Of course the positive of that
Baddies on the winning team:  Owned!!!  "Dude we are totally kicking their asses"
Their teammates: Wait...  we???
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I do believe that random hit the nail on the head with this one.

I would like to add that shared XP can be insane in coordinated team games. I have helped get a team to 9 for the first duel in a 3v3.

I would like to +1 the consume/dragon/whirl build; as this was my favorite build a long while ago. I can also hit 8 for it first duel; so it can contribute a lot in terms of farming, while having the pvp ability to instantly make the duel a 3v2 before anyone takes damage.

What rages me hard...

I level up a scrubby ally who is agi, bash, bash, stun, crit, crit. His first item is a fatal axe. Then omega axe. He is terrible. I switch him to the other team after the other team quits. This used to be a 3v3, so there are still 9 kills left to win. This scrubby ally buys immortals essence... auroric set, scepter, and 2 more axes. While I may have 3X his gold gained throughout the game, he has 4X my auto attack DPS due to crits, and a dozen stuns.

Usually when there is only 1-2 kills left for me, this role model will listen to me say for the Nth time, "GET SPELL DAMAGE REDUCTION!" and get spell damage reduction. then I proceed to lose the next 17 duels, while seeing how many times I can clear rag before the duel.

... I have a love/hate relationship with this.

random, I must object to your comment about losing games while randoming... As you know, I have anti-luck with randoming.

I have randomed paladin with gift of the magi, absorb mana, mana regen aura, and dread ritual; against epic's triple farmer ranged int random. I mean, I could bomb start, to survive until first duel... which I did. but then you have everything after that, and no survival, and no dps... I was sad.

What is dislike most is the inability to increase spell damage via stats or skills (barring banish)
What I dislike about the game that is actually in the game... The complexity of the item creation system. While it keeps item builds unique, it is a massive hurdle for new players. I think if the game has 100% resale values and zero recipes (all of the same items though) it would be a lot easier for new players to understand.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Well 1 vs 1 is kind of a special case ^_^ and taking the chance of being out pick through playing the lotto. That random for example is ultra rare to have build that is basically all early while being completely useless.  Most cases there is a niche to the build or the build is entirely late game. There is always a path to playing a build.

Lets see how would I play that in 3 vs 3 or even 1 vs 1....
Main level mana vortex alternate leveling mana restore and gift for luls ^_^
Starting

Boots + Bombs

Search for blown coverage bomb and kill creeps.

Farm depending how the bombing goes either Power Set or Mystic Cloak + orb of range ^_^.

Sell small bombs when the average creep spawn is level 4.

The hard part of the game aim for power set or if your already have power set aim for arch magus cloak.

Buy Large Bombs proceed to bomb creeps for levels.

Upgrade arch magus cloak or buy an arch magus cloak if you don't have one.

Upgrade Large Bombs (Time to think how close are we to bossing and no longer needing to bomb for levels?)   If your very close sell Massive Goblin Bombs not using a single charge.

If not even close yet proceed bombing camps but hold on to the last charge...

Buy items until your strong enough to do element bosses.

If you had to keep bombing upgrade Massive Goblin Bombs and then sell it...

Ladies gentlemen that's how you play a bad random ^_^.

Edit: Oh you said absorb not vortex oops Embarassed  eh I would still do the same strat bomb my way through the whole game.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:33 am

against the average terrible pub, you could bomb your way through the game, assuming your allies werent pet rocks (which happens) If you were playing anyone slightly competent with a non worthless build, you would lose the game based on that merit.

3v3 games are based more on your allies than yourself (which I like) it allows you to pick a cookie cutter winning build, and still lose. It also allows a player to run into a wall for 40 minutes and win. this exactly "fair" but in the long term, it keeps the game balanced; within reason.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:26 pm

I suppose your right still bombs have their usage. Obviously you can't make a completely worthless build win. However sometimes the goal isn't to win but to just keep within winning proximity. You got to remember public players love them passive late game builds. In a 3 vs 3 game you can almost always count on blown coverage be it on their team or yours. Still there is time zone you should get bombs or just toss the idea out of your mind completely. Small bombs are worthless when the average spawn is level 4 and above.... Large bombs if gotten at around level 8 tends to have the best out come. They kill level 8 spawns instantly. They drop level 9's down to significant amount, while dropping level 10-12's down to about half hp. I think the biggest mistake players make is rushing the goblin upgrade as soon as possible. If they used the large bombs to instead complete items most of the time they wouldn't even need goblins and can proceed to sell for that 11500 and be about 1 duel away from bossing. Bombs are a risky investment but when my choice is between small chance in hell and no chance in hell I'd take the small chance every single time.

Something to note I think there's only like 8 possible omg terrible random builds. The possibility that you random one those is generally very low. My rant about those who complain about their random being a morons is those fucking idiots who don't put an ounce of thought into their builds. Instead it's out of their comfort zone and they basically don't even bother to try.

Typical Pubtard... Took too long while picking their typical frenzy/endurance or storm bolt/imaple agility/strength hero has random huntress with (frost fall, shadow strike,unholy frenzy, demon spawn) and then complain about their build being worthless.... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME??? YOU RANDOM A LOW COST NUKE BUILD ON A HERO WHO CAN EASILY MANAGE IT AND YOU SAY ITS USELESS GRR...!!! Mean while what do I have while this ass hole is complaining FUCKING GIFT MIND ROT AND WRATH OF GOD AND SIPHON LIFE ON THAT SLOW ASS FURBLOG and guess who's leveling who? ^_^ Ah good times ^_^
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:11 pm

We need to try to get a team game together or something.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Well lets see the current active roster list is me Mr.Pennywise, Lostvodka, Mr.Frodo... Although I did see Orimis on the other night so he might be active again. So 5 guys on at sporadic times. Maybe at any given time you can have 2-3 on that list on at the exact same time. Then there's Garena Singapore crowd which I have no clue about. Been in those Tower Defense channels a couple of times and never ever seen a single cha game hosted. Aside from that the lag is extremely bad on the American players end. I'm talking about 3-6 second delay bad. Made the mistake of playing blink nuker in hoihoi hero survival with that delay ^_^. Not to mention there's about a 13 hour difference in time zones. Who knows though maybe it can happen have to talk a few garena guys into downloading wc3 version switcher and going into the Europe rpg channels. When using entlink switch host to Europe server and that should set the lag to about equal for both sides. Of course that would probably take a lot more organization then that's worth.
Back to top Go down
God_the_Father
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:24 am

hey guys, Mr. Frodo is me. i know its been forever i got caught up with school and work but im back on quite frequently now. if anyone would want to get a team together i am available quite a bit this week, especially after 10pm CST. and i can get on in the morning until about noon. i dont know about you but the only ones i ever see on are lostvodka and randomloser so there is not much of a team there..
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:55 pm

I play on garena when I play; usually custom games; I occasionally get 4v4 and 5v5 games going though. The best of their players are maybe 7 outta 10, being nice. The average is a 5. Some do exactly what you say not to do. "Dont use priest. Dont pick 4 massive nukers. Dont rush an omega staff, dont attack their tank." ect... Level 35 priest with 1100 damage and 1200 HP, 0 agility...

I hate you all!

I can swap back to bnet, but random is the only one i ever see on when i check in.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:02 am

Not enough players unfortunately.  Maybe I should actively look for active players but it is so spread out across realms and now garena.  Most of the Garena players I come across on the servers range between a 5 and a -3.  Not to mention the ones that are semi decent or non factors (guys that don't necessarily lose games but make no major game winning impacts either)  quickly jump to my team.   It is very hard to break them 5's of the must always stack habit ^_^ .

Edit: This just came to me but if you want to find players who play the game you could use this link https://entgaming.net/findreplay.php? .

Type your own name in click enter
Click on games and click players names to see their gaming history.
If they have multiple cha games perhaps you can add them.
Then if you have 6+ names on your flist on at the same time who knows maybe they would jump at the chance of playing an in house game. It's got to be better then empty room waiting or those damn games where the load lasted longer then the game itself. The cool thing about that link is it tells you realms the players play from.

Also wrath you can host through registering an account on www.entgaming.net
Press the entlink button up above
Register an web account with entgaming.
Validate your warcraft user name
Upload maps that you play (Press Upload Button)
Host away. (Press host button)
There is a minor annoyance of being brought back to the forums so you have to hit the entlink button again a couple of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHA's Worst Feature   CHA's Worst Feature Empty

Back to top Go down

CHA's Worst Feature
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com