Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
In game unit score EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
In game unit score EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
In game unit score EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
In game unit score EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
In game unit score EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
In game unit score EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
In game unit score EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
In game unit score EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
In game unit score EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
In game unit score I_vote_lcapIn game unit score I_voting_barIn game unit score I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
In game unit score I_vote_lcapIn game unit score I_voting_barIn game unit score I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

In game unit score

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

In game unit score Empty
PostSubject: In game unit score   In game unit score EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 12:58 am

I don't know it might be neat knowing how many creeps you killed.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

In game unit score Empty
PostSubject: Re: In game unit score   In game unit score EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:55 am

I have thought about this before; but the idea of having to update a scoreboard every time a creep is killed is pretty lag-tastic. Saving it to a variable and stuff wouldn't be difficult at all. In fact this is how simple it would be:

A unit dies
Unit is owned by neutral hostile
set UNITS_KILLED(Player number of (owner of killing unit)) to UNITS_KILLED(Player number of (owner of killing unit))+1

BAM, and it is saved.

The problem comes with presenting the information, and saving the variable every time a creep dies. CHA has wayyyy too much shit going on, and everything I add leads to possible game crashes for shitty players, and lag spikes for less shitty players, and many lag spikes for wrathbot.

If it were a -kills thing, it wouldnt be bad. But then only like, 1 outta 50 players would use it. and what would be the point of this? to announce "I carry my team" wouldnt that be shown in the fact that you have 3X their items from stats? to make it something actually viewable on a scoreboard (the less-asinine way to do it) would be toooooo laggy.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

In game unit score Empty
PostSubject: Re: In game unit score   In game unit score EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 am

If anyone wants to send me 2 gig sticks of ddr it will fix all the lag problems on wrathbot.Otherwise I did get a laptop but its also 10 years old and while I can beat someone to death with it.The laptop is not much better than my pc.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

In game unit score Empty
PostSubject: Re: In game unit score   In game unit score EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Wow I had no idea it could cause such problem. It makes sense now that I think about it. Blood Tourny is a good example of what your talking about. Players often lag or drop out as the blood points are being counted.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

In game unit score Empty
PostSubject: Re: In game unit score   In game unit score EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Blood tourny is a pretty decent example. Generally, it is just "too much stuff happening at the same time" that can cause people to crash. CHA has a lot going at different times, so adding something that is constantly happening will make a lot of opportunity for crashing.

Blood tourny, when units die not only does it change the scoreboard, but it makes that obnoxious graphic (graphic leaks are the largest leaks) and it changes the variables. Combine this with the ~800 attack orders going on at all times, and the fact that the entire blood tourny system is run by an looping trigger that triggers every .2 seconds... and, well... it is set-up to be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

In game unit score Empty
PostSubject: Re: In game unit score   In game unit score Empty

Back to top Go down

In game unit score
Page 1 of 1