Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Shared EXP, Discuss I_vote_lcapShared EXP, Discuss I_voting_barShared EXP, Discuss I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Shared EXP, Discuss I_vote_lcapShared EXP, Discuss I_voting_barShared EXP, Discuss I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Shared EXP, Discuss

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Shared EXP, Discuss Empty
PostSubject: Shared EXP, Discuss   Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:16 pm

As I've said elsewhere, playing the new edit without shared EXP sucks. This is my opinion.

Lets have a discussion about whether or not shared EXP should be brought back into the game. I will not pick on anyone for changing their minds (90% of you argued to have it removed, cough, cough). But seriously though; should we have it, or shouldnt we?

Offer some sort of basis for your opinion, a reason for it. If someone types a 2 page post for why we should keep it, you can say "i agree with him". 4 posts saying "keep it" are equal to zero posts saying nothing.

Keep in mind, this cannot be made into an option. It is either on, or off. It is a boolean game mechanic, true/false; cannot be changed with triggers.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Shared EXP, Discuss   Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:33 pm

i believe that shared exp should be re-implemented. this is due mostly to the fact that we have been experiencing a rush of inexperienced players, and without shared exp they are being left behind due to their lack of experience. it hardly inhibits play for clan members because we mostly play 1v1s, but in public 3v3s people get left behind by 10-12 levels every game because they are new, and this drives them away from the community, and that right now is the last thing we need. We can't please everyone 100%, and most of the people that would complain about being held back by newer players are active on forums in some way, and should read this and understand that although we try to cater to the clan we cannot forget that this is a team game that is also enjoyed in the public.
Also, the use of globally shared exp helps people playing supporting roles stay with the crowd so they can be more effective. the use of a support hero in a 3v3 can be very useful, but often they do not have enough farming capability to stay with the team they are supporting without shared exp, but at the same time, they should have enough farming to not hold their team back too much. a build that i went a good 10 times in pubs recently was Chain Heal, Healing Ward, Acid Rain, and Holy Armor. and although i could stay alive decently in pvp, and had acid rain at 7 for pve, it was difficult for me to stay within 4 levels of my team because of the skill build i was going for.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Shared EXP, Discuss   Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:57 pm

Dont like discussions theyre boring I say thumbs up on shared expereince. Shared expereince = Slow Leveling mode sure you may not be level 8-10 by the first duel but you have the items of a level 8-10 so its all good. Off topic Ive been having a blast telling players the onyl reason Im out leveling them is through the save/load hacks higher level players gain levels faster. The funny part is these dumb fucks beleive it.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Shared EXP, Discuss   Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Stomp hit the nail on the head for the most part. After playing both it is exceedingly easier to play with shared experience then without it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shared EXP, Discuss   Shared EXP, Discuss EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 12:52 am

Me and epic discussed it, and I have thought a lot about it. Here is what I came up with:

Support Roles:
This is mentioned above. Often in team games, I run a support class. There are 3 different types of support classes. 1 is the generic healer/team buffer, what people think of as support. However, we also have the ganker and the power leveler. In a team game, if you have 1 guy who goes a complete PvE build to power level for his team, then everyone gets a boost from it. If you have a ganker, with shared EXP, he can keep his levels up. Without it; he will quickly fall behind and become useless.

New Players:
Everyone starts off sucking at the game, it is a fact. If they are still playing the game 20 minutes later, and have a chance at leveling and participating... well, then they might learn something. FACT: Played a game with undead, while he was arguing that share XP is bad. His ally was terrible, got randomed, was level 7 when we were 20. When he got his ulti; which was a farmer... He jumped up to level 19 within 2 duel periods. Sure, he was still about half as strong as the rest of us... but, had shared EXP been on, he would have hit 8 much sooner, gotten his ulti, and contributed to his team much sooner; giving the entire team a chance for victory.

Player Level Ratios:
In pub games, a 4/4/5 split is much stronger than a 8/2/2 split. Same as most clan games. What happens without shared EXP is people QQing that their ally is only level 2 at the first duel. That ally gets 2 shot, and it is 3v2. QQ, QQ; all the noob allys fault. With shared EXP, your entire team is only level 4 for the first duel. No one gets 1 shot. The entire other team is also level 4. Each team may only have 1 good player, but all 6 players are playing an important role during the duel.

Other Reasoning:
As has been mentioned before. With the new AFK kick feature, one of the biggest problems is no longer present. If you have a hardcore AFK guy... he will be kicked. Problem mostly solved.
Also, I dont know if anyone else has noticed... But with the "FINAL" edit, with shared EXP, it seems as though a lot of new players picked up the game, and a lot of players became reasonably decent at the game. when you can join a pub game and see that 4 outta 6 people actually know how to play... that is good. I feel as though giving them the opportunity to learn to play, rather than saying "GG" at first duel, because you will never again be able to kill a creep... has allowed a larger number of people to figure out the basics.

^^That is my opinion, as long as it may be; I tried to cover as many bases as I can think of.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shared EXP, Discuss   Shared EXP, Discuss Empty

Back to top Go down

Shared EXP, Discuss
Page 1 of 1