Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game I_vote_lcapShankz's Guide to Mid-Game I_voting_barShankz's Guide to Mid-Game I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game I_vote_lcapShankz's Guide to Mid-Game I_voting_barShankz's Guide to Mid-Game I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game Empty
PostSubject: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 pm

I liked Glorn's Guide to Early Game, So decided to create my own Mid Game Guide since well its when i play best. I liked the way glorn opened up with his so ill be doing the same.

What this guide will assume is given:
- I am assuming that you are using a smart build.
- I am assuming that you have used the build a handful of times.
- I am assuming that you know the items for the class you are playing.
- I am assuming that you are good with the skills, hero, and build.

Things that should be considered common knowledge, but I will post here anyway:
- Creeping is important, to an extent that you arent gonna go down 6 levels.
- Killing lower level creeps gives you better EXP and gold compared to the time spent killing.
- Watch your minimap.
- Remember AMS and health pots for duels - Even in mid game pots can mean the difference between winning and losing. Just make sure you dont give up a decent item for one. If you have a clear advantage on an opponet then dont wate ur money.

Ways to enhance your Mid Game:
- Play aggressive. Now that doesnt mean play completly stupid and think ur gona go gank with 500 hp as ur opponet is walking out the base.
-Watch your minimap! I cant stress this enough. If you see an opponet taking yiff, Thats ur cue to gank. Dont let your opponet run elementals either! Being the 1st to get an Elemental Weapon can change the tide of a game real fast.
- Items! The most important part of the game. Check your opponet and compare. If hes using high damaging spells, Spell damage reduc might be a good thing. Check what ur lacking. What good is 1,000 damage if you only got 3k hp? Get what ur lacking.( Lacking Str get items that provide both ur main attribute and Str etc etc.)
-Pay attention to ur creep spawns too. If your using spells obviously save the spawn with 5 spell immune creeps for later.
- Spells! Even if you have a rank 3 shockwave, it is worth casting on someone who doesnt have AMS up. Spell damage is really strong, compared to a lot of mid-game armor.

Aggressive Play:
Quote :
Do not follow in the footsteps of your idols, the kings of pubs. These fools who spend 100% of the game trying to kill pubs, who know nothing other than the scent of their thumb which has spent entirely too much time lodged in their asshole, are not your idols. In fact, in normal games, they usually fail.
^^Couldnt have said it better myself.
-Minimap is ur best friend in cha. like stated above dont charge over to ur opponet expecting to gank when they just walked out of base n ur at 500 hp.
-In Serious games taking creeps is key. Now this doesnt mean be a complete idiot and die over taking 1 spawn. If you see they're killing yiff and you know ur not gona be able to gank em(meaning they got more then 3/4 hp after he dies) Dont bother going in there, Walk over and take a spawn. if they're dumb enough they'll walk over and take one of urs, Make a round trip and gank.
-Pay attention to your items! If you have a wind walk item and ur being chased USE IT! even if they have true sight it still gives you a move speed bonus. If someone is using a debuff of some kind and you have a avatar item, USE IT! Cmon theres items that do more then give u stats.
- Elementals, like stated above can change the tide of a game fast, If u have a clear advantage. Feel free to run one. As to which one well i suppose it depends on what ur facing. (stone for mana shield, Lighting for purge, Corruption for low armor, ice for slow, Fire for splash.) As for what weapon i direct you to here: Glorns Weapons Guide

From Glorn:
Piss made some good points, and I will try to account for them.

- When does Mid-Game start?
Mid game can really range for a lot of builds. Mid game is that point in the game where your auto attack starts to take priority over your spells. This is not the case for all builds, but for many of them. Both players should be getting their spell reduction soon. You need auto attack DPS, and to be able to survive farming with it. Generally, I would say mid game starts at level 16-18.
- What are some goals of Mid-Game?
If you are winning, this is where you really need to seal the deal. In Mid-Game, ganking is still viable. If you have the lead, this is where you can auto attack your way to victory. If you cant, then you dont have enough of a lead.
If you are losing, then you really need to push everything you can at this point in the game. If you are relying on a late game skill to pull though, this is where it has to pull through, or it never will.
- What should I do in Mid-Game?
The staging points of mid game are that you should start killing yiff and elementals. Towards the end, the archons.
- How do I know when Mid-Game is over?
Mid game ends once you are clearing archons, and archons and yiff become more important than clearing creep spawns. Also, field pvp is pretty much done for. Duels are the only time you can snag a kill, without being very far ahead, or having a lot of luck.

Final Thoughts:
These are my feelings and opinions about how the mid game should be played in most situations. I am not suggesting that it is the only way mid game should be played, nor will I cover just a single way of playing mid game.
-However without having a good Early Game you cant have a good mid game Very Happy so i suggets reading this before hand lol.
-Reading this guide will not make ur mid game pro, However Practice Will. Dont ever give up cuz u got ass handed to ya on a silver plater. Practice makes perfect heck even glorn was a noob at one point...i think.
-If anyone has anything to add on please do so. I know my mid game is not perfect either but i figured i'd write this in hopes it helps people.

Thanks.

Shankz

Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Joox
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Joox

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:07 am

I think it is important to emphasize that the mid game is generally where the match is decided. Going into the mid game one person is naturally going to have the lead. For that person the mid game becomes a battle to keep that lead. If you are far behind in the early game, the only chance you have to come back and win is to take the mid game by the horns.

I see it all the time a player is losing from the start but continues playing the exact same way throughout the match. If what you are doing isn't working you have to change it up. Maybe buy risky items, try to get Yiff, buy bombs.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 am

honestly the midgame is probably the most everchanging section of game play. to effectively play midgame you have to have a good understanding of your opponents skills, attributes, and play style (as well as your own) because this is where plans or strategies generally start to bear fruit. honestly I'm not saying your guide isnt helpful but its situational in a lot of its advice and is not necessarily improving the midgame IMO. Maybe the tip about elementals but even that is situational to the build. to be honest i'd give the step before that as mid game advice and say "if your ahead pick up a weapon". Ganking and creep stealing are very situational and depends on the build your running as well in many cases its better to run an elemental then or simply continue farming. minimap advice is still an all game thing... not trying to rip your guide apart, its good advice, but i think it's been misnamed midgame. If i was a player looking for tips on "mid game" first i'd ask "when does it start and how do you recognize it?" "What am I trying to accomplish during this peroid" "when does it end?" "how can I turn a game in midgame" and even these answers elude many players. For the current post I highly suggest rereading what you have and asking if it is advice that pertains solely to the mid game
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 am

I will edit into his post for him some of those answers...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 am

Finals Notes on Mid Game.

This is where creeping starts to take its toll. You really need to catch up on creeping in mid game, if you are continuously more than 2-3 levels behind throughout mid game you will lose. dont' fall to far behind. Don't worry about ganking just farm farm farm. If your auto attack isn't working as well as you want DUMP EXTRA POINTS INTO IT. that is the number one tip i have to offer. do not be afraid to sacrifice extra points in your late game skill for farming. mid game is the end for most builds if you can make it through at any cost you should. and the spare points you dump into your farm skill will be much more beneficial than 1 piont into darkness.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Lol thanks glorn Very Happy Welcome back lol

Edit: O.o Really? I got negetive rep for posting a guide? lol i think someones out for revenge when i went on a -rep spam spree ><
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game   Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Shankz's Guide to Mid-Game
Page 1 of 1