Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Duel bug EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Duel bug EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Duel bug EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Duel bug EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Duel bug EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Duel bug EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Duel bug EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Duel bug EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Duel bug EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Duel bug I_vote_lcapDuel bug I_voting_barDuel bug I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Duel bug

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ithiliond
Unranked
Unranked
Ithiliond

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi there, i'm not sure this hasn't been posted before (if so, i apologize), but i found that in normal games, if someone leaves the game while the duel is not already over, and there is someone else waiting in his own base because teams are uneven (without full team duels mode), that guy cannot move and commands won't work anymore (like -switch).
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 pm

alright, lets make sure i understand this...

the game is 3v2, duel starts, it is a 2v2 duel.

the team with 3 people is winning; they kill someone on the other team, making the duel 2v1. then, the 1 remaining guy leaves the game.

the team with 3 players is announced as winning the duel; and the players in the arena are moved back to base.

After this, the 3rd guy, who had to sit out of the duel, does not get unpaused and cannot move his hero at all?

---- An alternate idea ------
If this didnt happen directly to you; we wont have the answer. Occasionally, when someone quits the game, everyone loses control of their units briefly. The units will auto attack and stuff, but you cannot move them or cast spells.

If this happened to you; while paused, you would still see all of your heroes abilities and such. If you were stuck in "pause animation" you would not be able to see your heroes abilities.

^^If the problem is my "alternative idea" then this is a WC3 engine problem; and can randomly happen in any game (Ive personally encountered it in ~30 diff games, including tower defenses).

If the above problem ever happens, simply select a different unit; or deselect your hero. Then, when you re-select him, he will be working fine.

If anyone can vouch that the top idea is what happens, and not the second one; I will def. look into it. I already have a solution to the bug caused by people dieing the second a duel starts.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Ithiliond
Unranked
Unranked
Ithiliond

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:17 pm

I did not make the proper testing when this happens, but the problem is well described by your "top idea". It has always happened to me as the game host, and i couldn't move, neither see my abilities.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:14 pm

alright; if it happens again, save a replay to show me; and of course, test out option 2.

I figured out a way, through triggering, to fix option 2; however, I havent heard of option 1 actually happening until now; so seeing exactly what happens will help me solve the issue. Until then, I can only add in a back-up "unstuck" trigger, which dont always work.
Back to top Go down
Yetidiah
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:31 pm

this has happened to me also, i don't have a replay. It doesn't let you use any ingame commands and deselecting and reselecting doesn't work. It usually happens when its 3v2 you get sat out the two get dominated and one leaves before the duel is over. Then the duel ends and the 2 allies and one enemy can move around but you are stuck in place.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:36 pm

This is a bit off topic, but i have found another duel "bug" where if you die right before the duel starts( i mean RIGHT before the duel starts, maybe .1 secs before u are tped to base) then you are not in the duel, and the other team automatically wins in a 1v1, or in a team game your team is down 1 player. this has happened to me a couple times, but rarely as the odds of dieing that close to duel are slim. but somebody could take advantage of it and pretty much be able to skip duels when ever they feel like it by getting really low hp and getting good timing on a suicide to creeps/bosses. maybe its unfixable, but incase you didnt know about it... now you do
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:36 pm

this has been reported ~700 times; give or take 500. Ive managed to pull it off a few times. Yes, it will be fixed; at least, I know of a way to make that chance like 1 in a billion; and even then, it may be impossible, I am just too lazy to do the math. creep ranged attack missle speed/distance to base/1 uhhh... So, if the conditions were perfect for you to die at that .1 before duel starts; in that .1 a creep would have to attack you; while the missile is moving, and then you get ported to base; and it follows you to base, hitting you before the heal happens; hard enough to kill you. I believe it is impossible; but maybe with a dozen creeps attacking you at once; or the perfect tick of a creeps shadow strike; dealing that final 5 damage the exact second you hit base; before the .1 second ticks and the shrine starts healing, or the trigger....

Either way; The chances of it happening after I implement my *fix* for it will be so low, that if it happens; save the replay and buy a lottery ticket.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 5:48 pm

thanks glorn... normally i wouldnt care but the possibilities for abuse are endless. just get a late game build with all passives and suicide so you will never die in duels. but if you fix it... ty very much! i hate when im running a pubstomp and i miss out on 3 kills just cuz i died at wrong time
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:03 pm

me and piss actually had a discussion about this; and the possibilities for abuse arent endless. You literally have a .1 window to die it. Considering 6 people play a game, 10 creep deaths per game; 220 games a day; of course it is bound to happen. I told piss if he could intentionally do it and win a game from doing it; i forget the offer... but it was good. Taking attack times from creeps into account; it would be nearly impossible to do this while intending to do it. In a 10 duel game, if you try it every duel; you prolly have a solid 5% chance of actually doing it that game. Something around a .0000001% chance of doing it for the first 4 duels in a row, with intent on making a late game build work.

Either way, it is being fixed because even as an accident; it is a problem that changes the flow of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duel bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duel bug   Duel bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Duel bug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Map Related Discussion :: Bug Reporting-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com