Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Interested EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Interested EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Interested EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Interested EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Interested EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Interested EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Interested EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Interested EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Interested EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Interested I_vote_lcapInterested I_voting_barInterested I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Interested

Go down 
+5
HLWG
Pissonmyhands
verti89
Ignaciorocks
Mr.Blonde
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Is anyone interested in doing anything other than 1v1? I know you guys like 1v1 because glorn has been training everyone in 1v1, but seriously for some people i.e. me there are far more interesting aspects to the game.

sure you guys shit your pants when you see synergy in one hero, but what about synergy between heroes? thats a huge part of the game most people don't only not think about but i think most of people don't understand at this point...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:04 pm

P.S i realize we need more players for thsi to work, but really after 3 months of 1v1's im gettin tired of it
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:26 pm

is this for training? or do you just wanna organize more team games?

Either way, id like to participate. Good teams make for crazy and fun games, especially in team brawl mode. And I still need to learn more about game; this would be a nice opportunity for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:30 pm

both, but i have been in and out of the fray soooo much, hopefully after thursday ill start being on more than 1 game a day... but training will be needed first, but tbh i need to devise strats and practice, because in the newer versions team games haven't existed as of yet on the competitive level.
Back to top Go down
Ignaciorocks
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player
Ignaciorocks

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 pm

haha ive been crazy busy too. I thought after i got out of school i would have more time, but now i work, go to gym, and study for Chilean SAT -.-

But yea, i just played a public team brawl like an hour ago on and only one guy left. All the rest liked it, and it ended up being pretty fun. If it was played some more, it would become better. I can help you with strategizing(rofl my english) if u want and with practicing
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfire.net/
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 pm

team games always have been and always will be >>> than 1v1... and im not just saying that cuz i suck at 1v1...
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Charged if ur interested in starting something of a 2v2 or 3v3 team/league i'd be down. I'm getting kinda bored w/ 1v1 myself. I need to see if theres different ways to use skills, which i feel can only be done in team games. too bad with the average skill level it'll be difficult to find even team matchups :/
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:10 pm

2v2s and 3v3s sound like fun. im personally waiting for membership to rise for a 6v6 objective games. btw, we should organize more objective games. it seems like all anyone wants to do is 1v1s, or pubstomp. Wheres the KotH, CTF, PTB? Hell, even ragnarok!
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:30 pm

i don't feel the game has been balanced yet for larger games, purely based on the fact that no larger games are being played...

but if i can slowly just get 3 other people to play regularly 2v2's we can work on strats and shit and see how skills work well and eventually look for more to expand to 3v3s and larger
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:35 pm

well, the CHALW is going to be team oriented for sure. there is absolutely no way you can 1v1 in that unless you are on the easiest mode, and you got a triple farmer with super high mana regen, fast move speed, and an ass ton of healing pots. i think in the next few months there should be a 2v2 or 3v3 tourny in CHALW whenever glorn decides to get off his ass and finish it. btw, glorn give Yiff truesight so people cant just WW through him whenever they want. or you can make it so that you cant go through the enemy team's portal unless yiff is dead. well, idk if this is possible, but make it harder than simply running through him.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:37 pm

i'm not a huge fan of line wars in general... i mean ill play it, but i feel there is a lot more in CHAR that needs to be finished as far as developing larger games
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:43 pm

oh, for sure, but i mean, CHAR will almost always be a 1v1 or pubstomp. unless somenoe takes the initiative to start making the games more team related or objective games. a few weeks ago, i started making the games on v-bot KotH, and 75% of the pubs i played with loved it, and also had no idea there was such a mode.

im going to get back to playing those again. just set it to KotH, AR, dark mode, and super start(or whatever 10k gold and level 8 is called). try it out in some pubs, its a hell of a lot of fun if you have even 1 person on the other team trying to play it.

for admins, open a slot on each team for a 4v4, or even higher if its peak times.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 3:51 pm

i would definitely be interested in being involved in this, obviously more actively than i am now Smile. not really sure how long it would take me to get to back to being the 'stronger' teammate but i definitely like the concept more. for the people saying CHAR will always be 1v1 or pubstomp that really is more of a recent thing which I attribute mostly to the fact that alot of the 'better' players that led the great team games are either totally inactive/gone or just not as active to be as good or as influential.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 pm

i agree with that, and a lot of the players just don't want to play the larger games, "because teams are uneven" but that happens in 1v1 too, one person will always be better than another, doesn't stop you from playing the game
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:31 pm

we at one point had an interesting idea proposed and followed through on for a VERY brief period of time. I think it was called King of the Hill or something but it was basically just a 'which team can win the most matches in a row' contest and the reigning 'kings' were kept track of on the forum. ultimately though unless there is some sort of incentive for more people to be involved and either train or be trained accordingly I dont really see organized team games becoming much more popular than they are now.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm

charge; you are assuming that large team games are imba based completely on the fact that the clan doesnt play many of them? The game is balanced around 3v3 and 4v4 settings; that is the basis for all the balancing I do. People rarely play they because it is hard to find 6 or 8 clan mates online at the same time, not in a game. It is even harder to make even teams between the players, because I am usually one of them, and 1 of them usually sucks; and 2 of them are really good, and yadda yadda yadda.

I am all for large team games; It is just that we cannot get enough people around to do training all the time in team games.

I guess we can start a "two day a week, try to be online for team based games" type thing... which will work for about 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:34 pm

It doesnt need to be that competitive to get working verti. granted we've had terrible success w/ it in the past. just a group of sparring partners that can play every now and then when they get on instead of sayinghey "ne1 wanna 1v1?" 4 people just decide to say "lets all 2v2 whenever all of us are on". I think thats what it will take to get started. Then its just like making yogurt. make sure the first batch is good then split it up again and add the catalyst to the next batch Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:34 pm

im not saying its imbalanced, im saying ithasn't gone through as rigorous a balancing process as smaller games, because the larger games haven't been played as much
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:36 pm

ya so neway charged. if u wanna do some teams i'd be down. i actually theorycrafted out a few pretty plausible and unused team strategies that i think would work. if u want to play against each other or maybe glorn u me yeti epic h ect could get together and do some roundrobin i'd be down netime.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:46 pm

well, that's just it also.. when it comes to team play, who is usually gonna play more than 1 game? Me, charge, piss, yeti, epic, and H. 2v2 and 3v3 games with the same 6 people get boring fast.

What we should do, is something we used to do... Full on 6v6 games, half clannies, half pubs. This way, the pubs get in on these various game modes,and play with skilled players, and learn team strats. What we need is a better overall community if we want good team games.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:51 pm

i realized saturday that Halo Reach is really only fun to play when I am playing with my friends, so I anticipate being more active again and would definitely support this effort.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:07 pm

well its only boring if u make it boring glorn :/ to be honest i can think of a lot of fun things to do if i'm w/ a teammate thats willing to plan. like i said i have ideas, i just need a teammate to practice w/. also if u get 6 people who are really good at team games and then split the teams and put them with newer players i can see it working like... well what i said earlier. a catalyst to improving other teams. kinda like making yogurt

this will be more manageable than trying to get 6 people to team w/ pubs as pubs will most likeI can see this as a possibility only after we have some people who truly understand team games as well as we understand 1v1s, which i feel none of us do at the moment (no offense)
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:09 pm

You could set up active playing hours. I remember when I was in hosk clan we used to have once a week active playing hours where we would recruit, play game with each other, and generally screw around. When we were actively doing that our clan grew to about 40 some odd members, but when we stopped slowly but surely the clan died. The main issue with team games I noticed back when I used to actively take place in it was the idolizing players and the fear of facing the idols. How many of you are openly afraid of facing the players you idolize? If the answer is zero then this can be a load of fun. If the answer is more then half then this idea doesn't even have a shot. Also this doesn't have to only take place in private games only. You can have a group of 4 players play in a 4 vs 4 public match where two clan members are on opposing sides. This increases the chance the public has of playing against better players hence increasing their skill and increases your chances of finding skillful players for recruiting. Last but not least try to make team games fun and not a job. Not everyone wants to play a lets stomp them with pure synergy. Some just like to play for the sake of playing. You would be surprised at how much synergy a team can form together when playing something they know as opposed to trying to play something they don't know. I have watched a lot of teams fail playing something they don't know to fit with some power tripping player's plan. Make it fun and the synergy will come.

Edit: Sorry was drinking when I typed this up. Don't judge if you spent the day around other people's kids you would drink too.

Last edited by carefulibite on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Interested Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interested   Interested EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Quote :

*fixed*

Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star