Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
A few questions EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
A few questions EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
A few questions EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
A few questions EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
A few questions EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
A few questions EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
A few questions EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
A few questions EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
A few questions EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
A few questions I_vote_lcapA few questions I_voting_barA few questions I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
A few questions I_vote_lcapA few questions I_voting_barA few questions I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

A few questions

Go down 
+3
Glorn2
Shankz
carefulibite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:39 am

Can the bots be programmed to have pre-set commands? I see them all the time in dota games so I was kind of wondering. Is Custom Hero Arena Revolution compatible with that kind of system? Also have they made an !SD or made any progress to branch that command out to other games? Does anyone have a link where I can look that up? Also is there a way to shut players up? I'm almost always paired with or against them. Generally they're annoying to the point that I just leave if I see them in the lobby of a game. I tried squelch but that doesn't seem to work on in game chat. Is there another game command or macro for that? Thanks in advance for your answers guys.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 am

!mute Player

however if ur not admin on bot it wont work Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:47 am

There are no bot commands to pick game modes or anything, if that is what you were wondering. I dont play dota, so have no idea what !SD is, or half of what your paragraph was about. But uhhh, at some point, if the bots can be rigged for it; I wanted to make to so preset game modes could be set on the bot. Like, on game start, if the bot says "5" then it picks supserstart, unlimited weapons, kill rag mode" or something like that. I could write those triggers; but someone would need to program their bot to set it up.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:19 am

Dota uses HCL command strings to put the modes in with bots. but the easiest way, is what glorn would suggest. Just make the BOTS eneter a string of commands each representing a mode like

-normal
-superstart
-unlimited weapons
-start

something along those lines... it would be super easy
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Interesting well thank you guys for your reply's. I was just asking out of curiosity, who knows maybe someday I will make a bot that will host nothing but all random games. The other part of my paragraph was asking about !statsdota, which simply shows a player's stats they have preformed on the bot they played on. I was wondering if ghost or anyone for that matter has made any progress to programing their bots to do the same but for other custom games not just dota. I know some bots like dotacash for example has a web site that ranks players, but statsdota seems to work for any bot and doesn't require a web site, at least not that I know of to keep track.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:59 pm

that would take a long as time to make an !sd command and i don't think anyone is gonna do that
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 1:22 pm

actually to be honest, if red had the ability to switch modes from full team - non full team or add to the kill count that'd be awesomesauce :p
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 3:32 pm

I am confident that a bot COULD be programmed to give the commands at the beginning of the game, im also quite confident I don't currently know how but I could put in a request for someone else to do it for me Smile.

as far as the !sd command ghost was pretty much created for dota, there are several very specific things within ghost made specifically for dota that you guys never see because...well we dont play dota. You can always use the !stats <playername> to see a persons stats on the bot but that just tells you number of games and quit %.

@glorn I am willing to ask for help so in theory what would the bot need to do? enter commands? I am thinking it could use the !saygame command but I am not sure if that would accomplish what you want it to. I guess the only way to find out is to try but if you want to PM me what you would like to happen i will know better what to ask. Another alternative is because we have several bots you COULD create a different edit for each bot that says instead of default being what it is now its PTB or TB or whatever and we could just close red's slot.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Can you make the bot speak into game chat?

example:

V-bot: 1

^^looking like that in game chat?

If not, I might be able to make it a string of text for any player to say on game start, during the loading movie, that picks modes; but it might be abusable if I dont link it directly to a name.

for me it would be easy, the trigger would essentiall be:

A player enters chat string [1]
player is v-bot
turn on X mode
turn on X mode
turn on X mode
ect...

and I could just create various popular game set ups, linked to numbers.

If your bot can only chat through other players, I think I could still do it though. All you would have to do is be able to change the number v-bot says; or it forces a player to say.

then, like one day a week you can just host, "CustomHeroArena CTF #271" and have it do CTF all day.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:51 pm

There is a !saygame command. Are there any current commands that work regardless of being red that affect everyone? Not the -far type ones but things that like change the weather etc. We also could try using the gameloaded message and see if that works although I doubt it since it doesn't show up as gamechat but more like your tooltip things.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:48 pm

The game load times do show up in the chat log; but they are auto-said by a random player, usually the fastest loader. Right now there is nothing you can test that with. but based on the fact that it can make players say the loading time, I am sure it is possible to make players say a number. It is just figuring out how to control that much. the rest is easy.
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 9:50 pm

its not by a random player, its said, as with all v-bot commands(votekick/kick/etc.) by the person who joined the game first. it doesnt have to be red, its just by whos been in the lobby the longest. they are the indirect host of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 am

Did I spark something? Cool. The above is correct longest player in lobby is the person the bot speaks through. Kind of weird nobody has got around to making an !sd command for other games. It seems relatively simple the only thing it does is record kill death ratios. About the same as -save load except you will know their real kill score, and not just what they want to record. I guess the want is not big enough to create a demand for it.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 pm

well what you dont realize, or at least arent mentioning, is that there is a lot more to it than just creating the command. in order for that to work the stats for every game have to be saved in a database which i assume isn't an easy task. and yea you did heat up a conversation that glorn and i have had in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A few questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few questions   A few questions Empty

Back to top Go down

A few questions
Page 1 of 1