Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Creating a new Site EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Creating a new Site EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Creating a new Site EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Creating a new Site EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Creating a new Site EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Creating a new Site EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Creating a new Site EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Creating a new Site EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Creating a new Site EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Creating a new Site I_vote_lcapCreating a new Site I_voting_barCreating a new Site I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Creating a new Site I_vote_lcapCreating a new Site I_voting_barCreating a new Site I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Creating a new Site

Go down 
+2
epicpowda11
Glorn2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Creating a new Site Empty
PostSubject: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Alright, Epic is into website design, and is decent at it. I got dreamweaver, and am learning it. So, we are gonna try to, in the next few months, create an entire CHA website; that also has a forum attached to it.

Epic already has a lot of the ideas laid out, but as we are just two people, tell me your thoughts on the situation; so we may better please you all.

^^No prostitutes...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

Quote :
Hey, so I came up with a basic outline for the website we were talking about. I was planning to have five sections with numerous links underneath it all. For the first version I was thinking the same design as the cchraedm.com website. Top down design (Banner > links > information) links are groups which drop down to specific links. If you don’t mind this for the simple design it would be great, as it is quick, easy and straightforward to make up. It is also a fairly easy site for the public to navigate around for the time being. Below are the groups/links I was thinking, if you would like to see anything removed or added let me know, this was just a rough copy I came up with during my boring English lecture today...

1) Home

This is where we would include all news/announcements.

2) Information

Subdivided into: Hero Information, Skill Information, Item Information, Clan(s) Information and Bot(s) information, special function explanations (Dmg Reduc, Orbs, etc.)

Basically the “encyclopedia” of the game. Personally for this section I would like to add all relevant information in as much detail as possible. Say for heros, include starting health, armour, stats, stat gains, bat, move speed, base regeneration’s... This section would be really great so one could sit down and do the math to make perfect builds. Right now the easiest way to do this is quickly do the math during the first 3 minutes of the game. 

3) Tournaments:

Subdivided into: Ongoing tournament (Rules/basis of the current tournament), A sign up form, Current Match up & Standing Page and a Hall of Fame page and even possibly a form to post match results.

This will clear up much of the forums. We won’t have to sort through long threads of discussion to pick out a few relevant pieces of information pertaining to the tournaments. This in my opinion was a big problem with the CoA tournament. The Hall of Fame page would be nice to recognition since the HoF was removed from the intro movie. No one ever looks at the little section on the map dedicated to this because there busy playing or do not even know it exists. I still think the section in the map should be kept, but lets face it there are no monetary gains for winning. The only benefit from winning is the prestige given by recognition. If we want more active tournaments we should be giving more rewards towards this. What’s better than having your name posted on a site with 20,000+ views a month. 

4) Forum

Were just gonig to have to find a custom installable forum that will provide some of the same bonuses as the Forumclan one, like the rankings system. 
There are tons of these around the script sites so it shouldn’t be to difficult. 

5) Extras

This mostly includes a downloads section. Downloads will have the old and current versions of the map. I don’t mean every release ever, but from looking through the forums lately people enjoy playing around with the classic versions. As this map has gone under an evolution it would be great to supply some of the original versions not only to show how far the map has come but to go back to the roots. Lastly, a credit section; not to sure how you feel about this but again this being a completely voluntary community people to enjoy getting some recognition for their contributions. I know Wrath helped you a little with some editing and Charge I believe also. Many of the people who tested the beta versions etc. Having a quick “Thank you” page to everyone that helped make this possible would do a lot for public perception. 

Lastly I was mulling over the idea on the second version of the site to include a clan members sign in page which would take you to a slightly altered site to provide information exclusive to those who are in the clan. Things like in-depth guides, clan announcements blah blah blah. This would be quite a bit of work and wouldn’t be worth integrating into the basic site but it would be something worth looking into for later. 

That was the pitch/ideas that I tossed at Glorn this afternoon in a private message. I'm to lazy and busy to retype for forums and also, I typed it up on the bus so its a bit rushed but its a decent summary of what I'm thinking. If anyone has anything to add/want changed let me know within the next few days. The site is going to be pretty simple and a little dull for the first few months as I have school/work blah blah.. In spring when I have more time its going to get a sexy facelift.

Also, the guides section is going to be completely user submitted. Type your guides/strategies up if you want to share. Please format it into a nice guide though, if you want help doing this ask. Good guides will be reviewed and posted regularly. For those of you who have knowledge of the math equations like in Didnotmeanto's spell damage reduction post please type up what you can to help out. Like Glorn said, were only two people and since this is a community site being made to benefit EVERYONE any contributions into making this legendary is greatly appreciated.

Contributions Undertaken:

I_4got_my_user: End Game Items Shop.

Last edited by epicpowda11 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:11 pm

whoa... epic... that is epic... i cant do squat so nothing i can help with but if that goes through i can really see CHA getting to a DotA like level, in the sense of accomplishment and "dedicatedness". i really like your layout, if my opinion means anything

T-U
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Well like me and Glorn were saying, even small things like gathering information from the game will be a big help. Lots of values have been changed throughout the edits, so skills, items, and hero information must all be regathered. So if your feeling bored one day go through a shop and get the specifics of each item that sort of thing and PM them to me. Every little bit helps!
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:54 pm

k. i am and will be bored in the future so i claim the rights to get all info from the END GAME SHOP. its in bold so no one goes ahead and does the same work for nothing. ill out everythin on a word doc and send it to u... sometime...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:12 pm

if you would like, we can dedicate this section of the forum to all that info.. so you can just post it here; and we can copy and paste it here. This site isnt going down until the new one is up. and at that point; i am just making this a portal to the new site.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:26 am

Personally, as for sending the information I prefer PM's or even better E-Mails, if possible. Why? I would like to reserve this thread for discussion, suggestions, questions etc. If we start mass posting all the skills/items/hero etc information on here it will turn into a nightmare. What I can do is edit the top to show who is doing what to avoid double ups. My personal e-mail is brentcolmandesign@gmail.com. Not trying to be picky, just trying to make a big project as simple as possible. For me, say, in a couple weeks to a month to search through a thread of 10+ pages to get the information I need takes a lot longer then nicely organized e-mails labelled with what I need Razz. Again thanks to anyone planning to contribute, for those who make valid and worthwhile contributions you will be credited and you get browny points from me if you are a part of CHAO. Wink.
Back to top Go down
psychonautics
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
psychonautics

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:26 am

um maybe a part of the website could have the items lised and heros and skills kinda like the dota site how when you hover over the item or whatever it gives its description and what recipies its used in if its an item. that would be awesome for beginers to get to know the game a little easier imo.

p.s. sorry for using dota as an example lol
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:06 am

it is fine; me and epic have it planed to have a section for all heroes, items, and abilities; and everything needed to make them, their stats, ect, ect. which is why we wanna get all that info typed up before then, so we can easily copy it over.

it may start out basic, like, just listings; and over time, we will enhance the site to be ober cool with that kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
psychonautics
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
psychonautics

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:55 am

thats awesome... if you need any easy work done i can help. i have adobe web premium cs4. not a lot of skill with it because it was my dads but i dont have much of a life so i can learn lol
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 am

Well like i was talking to you yesterday epic, i can do basic stuff and if need be can get stuff from the game(already started a skill list got thro offensive). if you guys need any other help lemme kno =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:34 pm

Shankz and Psycho, as far as the web design part, if you don't know what your doing just stick with information gathering. It's not to be cunty, but I simply don't have to time to teach people web design currently. Especially since I don't really use basic HTML, a good portion is CSS/PHP/DHTML/Javascript. Balancing 3 Midterms next week, creating this site, social life, family shit, work blah blah blah ... If you have previous experience and know how to use Dreamweaver then I can give you some stuff to help with. I don't have much experience outside of Notepad and Dreamweaver so I'm not to sure how well my coding will transfer to other programs.

If you want to get Dreamweaver and then burn through a whole bunch of programming tutorials I have no problem letting you get in on it, but unless you know what your doing and I'm certain your not going to cause more work then I'm just sticking with myself.

And Shankz, please let me know what you have done/are doing so I can post it up on the forum so we don't get doubled up. It would be a shame for someone to spend a few hours busting through all the skills when you already have it all done.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:20 pm

well i only have offensive skills done atm i plan to keep goin n hopefull have then all done by friday wish me luck lol
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:16 pm

an important thing to keep in mind, as I have often done while editing... Dont burn yourself out on the work. Dont cram for a week, then be so disgusted by the idea of continuing, that you would rather wash dishes than pick up your work.

It is great that everyone is working on this though; glad that the community can come together on this. Just, make sure you arent* doing too much-too fast.

Last edited by Glorn2 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:36 pm

Ya, I won't get a lot done this week anyways, I have 3 midterms next week and a paper due. Not planning on burning myself out Wink.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Well theres no big hurry the only thing I can say is try to transfer some of the info already stated here. For example if someones writing up info on the heroes you dont need to do too much as Sami already posted a good deal of them just double check the stats and add the ones she missed. Um I guess add or transfer some of the mechanics jargen and maybe double check them to make sure theyre accurate. Really I dont know much I guess the current layout you have with pretty pictures or something I dont know. Will this site be able to host replays? Or Uploads in which everyone can simply download directly from the official site.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:09 pm

ohh, you reminded me.

Anyone who wants to re-post info from items, skills, ect... Wait until you have my newer edit to do it. I have re-tooltiped EVERYTHINGGGG so it should be very easy to read and understand, and write down.

Also, yeah, there unlimited hosting of images and files and such. Members can upload videos if they want, and of course, replays. However, to upload videos, you would still have to make the video, and put it into some sort of player. To make a video of CHA that will fit into youtube, it needs to be like, 10 minutes or less, and at a very low resolution; to the point where you cant read what players type. However, I have a desktop recording program, that can be used to do this; and maybe we can get specialized in that kinda stuff, to do replays for us.

Also, for fun, i believe we all get emails... we get our own domain and such... so, you can be "didnotmeanto@customheroarena.com" or whatever. The server epic found is great; except for the fact that it is canadian...
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:12 pm

so i should stop for now? o.o
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:16 pm

well, you have beta 21, he privvate one; so, just use that one.
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:17 pm

kk will do ^^
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, the ones Sami posted are extremely limited. I want everything ranging from Stats -> BAT -> Start Armour -> Start Health -> Move Speed -> Range Length ... You get the picture.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 pm

right; if we are gonna make a full on website; we might as well make it completely kick ass... with pop ups! gay porn pop ups!

But anyway; when we get there and set, we should also get a screenshot of every spell, and every hero.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Oh looky here! shankz is green! im almost done with the end game house. ive been doing everything from memory so far because i havnt been able to get on wc3 in a while. for auroric set im planning on putting the actuall numbers for the auras so if you could supply that info that would be good. you could also just add it in once ive sent it to epic, w.e suits u best
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 pm

lol yes i am i know its so b-a Very Happy

I just log into wc3 n take a bunch of ss of the skills n open em in photoshop n copyin em down in notepad Very Happy im aimin to finish off the defensive skills tommarrow but who knows Razz/
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 pm

4got, dont you have my private edit? everything is much better organized in it, and the auroric set values are all written out on it.

if not, get it from someone! it will make your job MUCH easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a new Site   Creating a new Site Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating a new Site
Page 1 of 1