Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! I_vote_lcapHappy 1 year for Revolutions! I_voting_barHappy 1 year for Revolutions! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Happy 1 year for Revolutions! I_vote_lcapHappy 1 year for Revolutions! I_voting_barHappy 1 year for Revolutions! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Happy 1 year for Revolutions!

Go down 
+2
Shankz
Glorn2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Happy 1 year for Revolutions! Empty
PostSubject: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:16 pm

It has actually been over a year since I started work on revolutions, but it was a year ago that I had started `active testing` of Custom Hero Arena Revolutions.

To me, it seems like it hasnt been nearly a year, but, alas... it has. My beta 1 for revolutions, for clan testing, came out on 10/2/09. Which means, before that, (about a year ago) me and konny, and a few others were heavily testing it.

I just found the old file on this laptop, and was amazed to see the date on it. It has been a pretty smooth ride for the most part.

down side? WE ARE STILL A BETA! I know.. I am always prolonging a final release, because I realize there is still something i want to do, or need to fix.

So, THANK YOUUUUU to everyone who has stuck with me through the year(s)! the bug board and the suggestion board, have the most active topic in them; which means that you guys have done a lotta work on the map also.

Also, this is a reminder to myself, that after this newet esit gets bug/balance tested for a month or so, I will release a FINAL VERSION OF THE MAP.

And by final I mean, it is never final. It will say `Final` in the title. It will also be a good 6 months before there is an update, and then it will be a big one, with heroes, and skills, and what not.

Any of the newer guys who are interested in what the map started as, check out www.chao.co.nr (the old forum) and read the bug and suggestion threads. Then boot up custom hero arena 5.4b and play a round (which is always fun). the map has come a long way; so once again, thank all of you for your effort, and hopefully you can see all the effort i put into the new edit soon!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Congratz!!! its been a hell of a year.. I haven't been affiliated with the clans for a whole too long but have been playin cha as a pub for a good 2-3 years. Its awesome to see this come this far.. However the title "Final" kinda saddens me.. Dont it you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:39 pm

it is one of those happy sadnesses; because it means there is less and less to do to enhance the map. that, and I will be able to focus more on schoolwork.

I am just glad that problems in the map used to range from gold abuses, and constant server splits, to commands that cause a game crash, to a need for more organized tooltips.

Skills went from a total of 48, with about 12 of them being usable, to over 140, with the vast majority being usable in an average game. (Invisibility is always bringing me down)

Heroes went from 24, with about 6 ever picked, to 72 (plus the 12 hidden ones) with, well... 1/3 of them picked commonly, and only 1/10th of them shunned.

Items.. dear god... from a single set item build, no matter what hero you picked, to the clusterfuck of items we use today. I cannot express it in numbers.

but again, read through old pages on the chao.co.nr page, and the older pages here as well. well over half of the things ive added to the map, came from the community.

which reminds me of a new post I wanna make...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:38 pm

we should have like a week dedicated to the 5.4b version to celebrte ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:13 pm

yea seriously. i was trying to get a irl friend to play cha and since i couldnt host but he could i told him to go download the latest version of cha. he downloaded 2.1..... but. it. was. epic. no farming skill but lvl 10 before first duel? bosses at level 15? cmon. its insanely fun. 5.4 is more balanced, and if you, verti, could host it on your bot fir a week it would be amazing
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:35 pm

Old school is fun but theres always the odd man out that got screwed which was why I kind of like the pre stats versions where after you were stacked you could then deck out your allies instead of selfish hording and bitching about allies holding you back or sucking.
Back to top Go down
Rick_Astley
Unranked
Unranked
Rick_Astley

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:49 pm

Do i smell a slayerdragon edit tourney on the horizon? but srsly it's been a hell of a ride and so many changes since 0.6 slayerdragon edit so many years ago. Used to be that panths armor was a secret item and the first person to get an eternal orb would make it GG. Also killing rag with a team of friends was epic. Sneak in and kill the other team as they're about to kill him and gank them all and steal their items was the greatest. *sigh* miss the old version sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Subz
Smart Player
Smart Player
Subz

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm glad I finally joined the CHA community. I loved CHA and played it for a long time, but never really got into the forums or anything like that until now, and I am certainly glad I did. You guys are all awesome, and I think a celebration is in order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy 1 year for Revolutions!   Happy 1 year for Revolutions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy 1 year for Revolutions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com