Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
@ verti & Bots EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
@ verti & Bots EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
@ verti & Bots EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
@ verti & Bots EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
@ verti & Bots EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
@ verti & Bots EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
@ verti & Bots EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
@ verti & Bots EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
@ verti & Bots EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
@ verti & Bots I_vote_lcap@ verti & Bots I_voting_bar@ verti & Bots I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

@ verti & Bots

Go down 
+4
Facepuncher
Mr.Blonde
imsofattest
Glorn2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:03 pm

Let's make this public... Any chance we can limit the banlist to only verti being able to ban people? Have a thread on the forum, requesting someone gets added, with a good reason? I see a lot of people getting banned cuz their internet goes out... cuz they leave... cuz they talk back to someone who STARTS trashtalking... Every game lobby I am in, 3-4 people try to join, but are on the banlist... Play a private game if you hate pubs so much that you gotta ban all of them who beat you.

Little kids with little power, are annoying...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:22 pm

hey dont make fun of me glorn i ban people who leave before the first duel without any reason, it says that they leave voluntarily and i give warning of it before the game even starts that i will do it. doesnt really matter to me i just figured id clean the cha community one 1st duel leaver and 1 rager at a time but verti taking care of the bans wouldnt really affect me too much
Back to top Go down
http://www.redtube.com
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:34 pm

I've only banned like 2 people, and those are people who rage and destory thier allies items and purposefully feeed
Back to top Go down
Facepuncher
Nooblet
Nooblet
Facepuncher

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Quote :
Any chance we can limit the banlist to only verti being able to ban people? Have a thread on the forum, requesting someone gets added, with a good reason?

I like this idea, I've had 2 ban threats so far just for doing things that players in game disliked. Not things like killing my noob partners in duels or ksing kills or destroying items or anything like that, just things like using my wind walk in "an obnoxious way" or "hiding my slow ward so that it couldn't be seen and kiting" or "not shutting up"(this fits under the "talking back to someone who STARTS trashtalking" part).

I'm not going to name names, and I'm not even sure if these people can ban me or not, but I'd like to feel like I can play the damn game and not get banned for doing something that someone else dislikes. (Not saying I get threatened that often, but its happened a few times lately)

Also, that way people would know who banned who and for what reason, instead of a person joining a game only to find out they've been banned, and having to make the assumption that it was this person for this reason when it could have been a different person.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:39 pm

yea i was already trying to figure out how to do this myself because in the last 3 days i have had like 4 complaints about being banned... ironically complaints against glorn, fats and charge lol. but yes i will try to see if there is a way i can make banning a command that only i can use. otherwise ill have no choice but to delete all admins period.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:40 pm

lol who was complaining about me? the only people who have openly had a problem with a ban ive made was miki under 3 different account names lol
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:41 pm

i dont remember who complained about who i just know you 3 were the banners and even if i did know i would tell u i knew but not tell u who :p and yea im not sure how miki even plays, the ban is supposed to be an IP ban but it doesnt work on him for some reason.
Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:43 pm

yea i know honestly idc if i cant ban or not since i ban people who have already left and already screwed up the game and if someones bein a rager i can votekick them anyway
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:48 pm

i ban miki about once every 1-2 weeks... he is crazy

but i did post a ban on monday that guy was a major rager he was like oiicc or something like that and that was for rage quitting and swearing out the butt hole and his allies later told me the next game he kept harassing them in whispers... but he was a weird little terd i wouldn't be surprised if he was miki just from the style he talked in, i assumed it was
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:50 pm

how about this you give a us a set of rules

we can then when we put in a ban post a replay through a parser and put a link on the forum/ email it to you so u can review later if you wish!

Back to top Go down
imsofattest
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
imsofattest

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:52 pm

well technically if we do it like that it would be best just to let verti handle the bans right? just post a replay or email it with your complaint and if he sees it fit then he will ban that way there can be no complaints about the ban because verti will be the one who makes the decisions on it right?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:56 pm

do you think the ~100 people who are on the mod list would follow these rules though? I mean, carelessly banning people because they trash talk back, or simply beat you... or their connection goes out... or even if they leave (without being an ass about it) is considered an abuse of power.

If you ban everyone who leaves a game, eventually, only half of chao and BN will be allowed to play the game. Everyone leaves at some point. People have shit to do. People will argue back if you argue with them. facts of life; no need to ban people from the game.

Quote :
but i did post a ban on monday that guy was a major rager he was like oiicc or something like that and that was for rage quitting and swearing out the butt hole and his allies later told me the next game he kept harassing them in whispers...

^^That is a valid reason to ban someone for trash talking or leaving. If all leavers are banned, it will be like playing with a bunch of whiney DOTA-ers...

****Edit for fatts post****
Verti is a pretty down-to-earth guy. I think he can decide if a ban is warrented. More importantly, who is gonna come on here to file a complaint, unless the ban is well deserved? It is easy to type !ban not so easy to come on the forum, and write a long post as to why they should be banned.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 pm

lol i have no problem typing up pages of bans, i usually leave forum up while i wait for pubs to fill. i just was trying to make easy on verti so he didn't have to watch a 2 hour replay for 1 ban
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 pm

verti89 wrote:
i dont remember who complained about who i just know you 3 were the banners and even if i did know i would tell u i knew but not tell u who :p and yea im not sure how miki even plays, the ban is supposed to be an IP ban but it doesnt work on him for some reason.

Proxy most likely. Either that or hes on a mac and well macs are screwy.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:03 am

the thing is he has no life, so he can use all his days to think of ways to troll us, there is no point in competeing.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer995
Skilled Player
Skilled Player

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:18 am

lol if only i had his ip
/crash computer
/ftw
/hurray!
/no more miki Smile
lol?
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:56 am

He probably using proxy or Mac. The reason I use mac as an example is a buddy of mine plays on Mac it changes the IP almost daily on him he has to go in and through and reconfigure his hosting abilities every single day. I have nothing against Miki though never honestly had problems with him. For now if he pisses you off look the other way hes pretty close to level 20 let him get that atleast. Seriously if you have admin powers learn what they are and exercise the more funny ones like silence. Im also pretty sure you can do temp bans too. Or the ever so warranted kick out of game. Bans are for those who really warrant it or the extremely skilless admins. If your an admin be creative man.

Hey I forget whats the ingame squelch command? Does cha have one I honestly forget I know in dota you have to type -hhn (Hide Hero Names) then type /squelch player name. Can you silence annoying in game allies or trash talking whiny loser pin heads. If not can you add a command like that.
Back to top Go down
Sinnar
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Sinnar

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:40 am

you can just use the bnet squelch, its just /squelch name
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:29 pm

am i the only one who is no longer an adim on v-bot?
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:47 pm

see my new post literally posted at the same time u posted this ? lol
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:59 pm

O man thats too epic! lol i just read it right after i posted
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Actually sinnar you cant squelch in game chat in some games (in my dota example ice had to implement -hhn to make it possible) and since this bot host on both realms squelch isnt as dependable as you may assume. Example say I play East you play West I can go on a with a bunch of blather clannies ruined this pubbies suck ass your a noob theyre a noob your mothers a noob your dead dogs a noob I kicked you cat ha ha noob whatever crap-o-la and unless you had admin powers you wouldnt be able to do shit about it. Or lol I could simply use name spoof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ verti & Bots Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ verti & Bots   @ verti & Bots Empty

Back to top Go down

@ verti & Bots
Page 1 of 1