Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Kitting EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Kitting EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Kitting EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Kitting EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Kitting EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Kitting EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Kitting EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Kitting EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Kitting EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Kitting I_vote_lcapKitting I_voting_barKitting I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Kitting

Go down 
+4
jarjar
i_4got_my_user
Mr.Blonde
Sharky
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Whining on my part but when you spend 3 30 minute duels running around because ass holes have it in their mind kitting is skills you kind of get annoyed especially since they could of won the mother fucking game excepting the duel lost and simply kill your allie in the next 3 duels or a couple of times out of duels. When kitting prolongs the game longer then it needs to be it pisses me off. Kitting for strategy sure why not kitting an unwinnable duel is about as stupid as you can get. Personally I dont kite past getting past avatar when your kitting for well over 3 minutes its simply boring as fuck its not fun for you, its not fun for allies who sit out, its not fun for your oponents and for what exactly to score a win in a nameless pub match go fucken hang yourselfs. Save the kitting for scrims keep them the fuck out of pubs. /end rant.

Okay typical whines lol just keep kitting to a minimum if you dont need to do it dont do it. If the score is something like Red Team 5 kills to win, and Blue Team 17 kills dont kite the duel over the point of avoiding an ability and if you out number the poor guy (Example you wtf pawn his allies in 2 shots) dont kite them anyhow. Kitting when you already had the advantage to begin with= Chicken shit. Kitting and winning a 3on1= Pro Dont be the game ruining chicken shit kitter be the pro.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:05 pm

Kiting is the advantage of all range over melee. if you are not kiting your melee hero enemy you are wasting your advantage and you deserve to lose. melee have all the advantages in duels most of the time its esential to kite to win
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Kitting for the sake of kitting is retarded. I dont have problems with stratetic kitting I have a major problem with kitting in duels for extreme long amounts of time if thats what people call fun the dick with them. Half of your socalled fucken kitters are hypocrites they kite me nearly boring me to fucken death then rage quit when it happens to them. They get their shits and gigggles when they do it half the time it isnt even necessary as you can win without doing so but for the mere sake of better K/D's which dont even matter. If a duel takes well over 5-10 mins its not even worth playing the fucken game. You can say get anti kite stuff but stuns can only go so far when an entire team masturbates to running around.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:51 pm

ask glorn about his 45 min duels. Kiting can turn duels around greatly, even though it seems like its pointless kiting can win games where you seem like you are gonna lose horribly. I have won games where i am several level's behind because of skills like poison. Ask epic too we have played games that he goes through 2-3 avatars in every duel. Plus better K/D ratios help ur player xp and since glorn made it neseccary to get new heros everyone is gonna want better K/D's
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:41 pm

wait... he made it neccesary? o.O

on topic- team kiting is the best kind of kiting imho. when ur opponent goes at u, u just run while ur ally takes the time to attack uninterrupted. in 1v1's the point at which u can effectively kite cuz ur slow or ms is fast enough to be helpful to ur kiting skills is when ur opponent already has enough armor and hp to make him regain the hp he looses when u turn around and attack (at least this is how it always is)
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:18 pm

yea kiting is gay to me i never did it
but thats one of the reasons i use range for everything now so that nubs dont kite since they know they will get owned
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Apparently your missing the point kitting wins games yes but kitting when the game is already won is nothing more then annoying. Again if its neccessary knock yourself out. If its to the point that its litterally prolonging the game your doing it wrong. No duel or team clash should last that long. If a team needs to kite one guy they seriously fucked up badly somewhere in the game. Im litterally watching the stupid autosave replays most of the team of the 3 teamed kites only 1 of them were necessary the others could have saved a shit load of time simply dying and scoring a kill or two out side of the duels. Hell one case the stupid ass kiting lost them the game. The stupid mofo's kited me after killing my ally and while they were all stuck in duel like a bunch of retards he was able to use a farming ult twice. Some times kitting isnt worth it. To be honest kitting and winning due to it via something like summons and bone wall great. Kitting and running around needlessly boring people is retarded. Running around just so you can only fight them when stunned Iffy if its 2-3 stuns why not. If its over 10 times your officially wasting everybodies time.
Back to top Go down
Facepuncher
Nooblet
Nooblet
Facepuncher

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:02 pm

I will admit I have done it before, kiting just because I was annoyed, ask venom2 Razz

One time, he triple stun locked me in a game(double ice staff+skill, and I think he even had darkness), and even though I had more than double his damage and stats, he was still winning because of all his stuns. Out of annoyance and the knowledge that he was going to win the final duel, I picked up an ice staff and wind walk, and just as he was about to kill me, stunned and ww'd him for a solid 10 minutes, before leaving rather than letting him get the last kill. Was it worth it? At the time, yeah, it was my way of saying, "that's what happens when you triple stun lock me, bitch!"

That's the only time I can actually think of where I did that, because as somebody that usually takes pride in being nice to people in rounds whether I'm winning or losing, it was a dick move.

Anyway, just like i_4got said(sorry can't remember your bnet name), team kiting is extremely useful, and is something that I use almost every game(I'm never melee unless I random one)
Quote :
team kiting is the best kind of kiting imho. when ur opponent goes at u, u just run while ur ally takes the time to attack uninterrupted.

That, or even when your partner is doing better than your opponents partner and they died in the duel, kite your opponent until your partner is doing as good as your opponent is, or until you die. I don't have to do this very often, and its mean, but useful.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:12 pm

Eh I partly made this as a troll like post with the intent to point out sometimes kitting is a double edged sword. You have people so damn afraid of dying they sometimes forget its a necessary strategy. I have litterally won games in the past because people killed me first, I rez run over and jack their creeps. Kitting in publics is stupid and your just lucky theyre too fucken stupid to take advantage of it. Sometimes its better to take the duel lost or death and control the map then it is to kite and win the duel and lose due giving the weaker opponents too much time.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:14 pm

the argument here isn't about the usefulness of kiting.

Sadly, my 47 minute long kiting episode with epic, allowed me to win the game (rather than losing it). In a 1v1, it can win. Sure, it was.. stupidly long. However, it was at the point where it decided the fate of the game, in a serious game... Started as a 3v3, leavers, and he team switched, so, had I lost, I could have blamed it on the fact that I went team healer to support his insane DPS build... But, yeh know...

Generally, kiting to win is good. However, as didnot says, you have to look at your other options. If there is a good team game, and my allies suck, I wont even waste my ult in the duel, I will use it to single out players on the other team, and field PVP them. Sure, kiting with parasite for 20 minutes might get me a kill or two... but, you gotta think of what else you could be doing.

If it is 1 kill left until your team loses, and a 40 minutes kite will win you the game, then you have a valid reason for doing it. If you are screwing with a friend in a 1v1, trying to piss him off... have at it. However, in a meaningless pub game, it is just silly; keep duels shorter, and field pvp.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Its called winning, if you play melee vs ranged characters and you don't have anti kite, thats your fault for making a shit build. Slow, Slow Ward, Soul Burn, Stuns, Ince Orb, Stone Orb, blah blah blah there's endless ways to get around this. And personally, I play to win usually, not to ensure my team mates or opponents have fun. Ranged simply can't go toe to toe with a good melee build, especially with Str, melee BAt generally rapes ranged BAT, not to mention higher stat gains blah blah. Instead of crying because you got your ass kicked by getting kited why don't you put some brain power into thinking of ways of countering kiting.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:50 am

if your a decent cha player in any respect of the word decent you know how to kite. i think on this forum especially no one can have any serious qualms about kiting but it is sad how the lower level players tend to bnm about it :/
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:37 am

epic shut up ill kill u jk haha
but yea kiting does get annoying no point in having melee heros
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:12 am

Theres a difference between kitting and retardation kitting. Kitting for purpose= Pro running around for the sake of running around= Retarded. Not dying to save your life and win the game pro. Not dying and losing map control in the process= Retarded. Kitting because you cant win the toe to toe pro. Kitting when you can win the toe to toe= Retarded. Kitting because your close to losing= Pro Kitting when you can simply win it in the next duel any how = Semi Retarded. Kitting for regen only to get vortexed over and over again= Retarded. If kitting takes more then a certain amount of time its no longer kitting its chicken shit running. (more then two shakes and its playing with your self) Stop retardation kitting.

The storm bolt counter to kitting: Run up until your able to cast. Freeze in motion hurling a bolt. Run up to the hero stunned by said bolt get about 1-2 attacks before they take off running again, Repeat process about 100 times.

The Stun Field counter to kitting: Run around until chicken shit makes a mistake and is within 450 aoe get about 3 attacks until theyre off running again. Repeat process about 100 times. Make sure theyre close or your just slapping the ground in nerd rage about 100 times.

How to be a troll Take a stance against a popular issue and when you look to be losing make personal insults to them.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:42 pm

if you are getting kited that hard, 1 stun/slow with an orb like stone or ice and you don't have a problem anymore, if you dont' know how to cancel backswings or animations, learn how to, its great for chasing.
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:47 pm

??? ?? ? The Flags the Flags theyre everywhere omg the flags ???? ??? ?? ? My comp sucks if I do that a bunch of miniture flags appear every where I click and lag me out of the game. Rofl and sigh oh well path to enlightenment is lost you hear kite and the word wrong type of kitting is lost upon blind eyes kite away I just give my ally 100,000 gold and let them become uber buff while your dumb asses are trapped in duels with me. I do that and the pubber buys crap. I make them a mask and the fucken moron sells it. Damn paste eaters are useless as fuck to point out why running around for 20 minutes is a flawed strategy.

Oh well time for me to

Take a chill pill!
The weather out side today looks
-windy
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:29 pm

OMG! THATS WHAT HAPPENS TO ME! ASK ANYONE. SO DAMN ANNOYING.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Quote :
??? ?? ? The Flags the Flags theyre everywhere omg the flags ???? ??? ?? ? My comp sucks if I do that a bunch of miniture flags appear every where I click and lag me out of the game. Rofl and sigh oh well path to enlightenment is lost you hear kite and the word wrong type of kitting is lost upon blind eyes kite away I just give my ally 100,000 gold and let them become uber buff while your dumb asses are trapped in duels with me. I do that and the pubber buys crap. I make them a mask and the fucken moron sells it. Damn paste eaters are useless as fuck to point out why running around for 20 minutes is a flawed strategy.

Oh well time for me to

so basically you are just raging at pubs... not actually kiting..
Back to top Go down
Sharky
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Sharky

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Nope more like trolling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kitting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kitting   Kitting Empty