Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Picking a hero (passive abilities) I_vote_lcapPicking a hero (passive abilities) I_voting_barPicking a hero (passive abilities) I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Picking a hero (passive abilities) I_vote_lcapPicking a hero (passive abilities) I_voting_barPicking a hero (passive abilities) I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Picking a hero (passive abilities)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

Picking a hero (passive abilities) Empty
PostSubject: Picking a hero (passive abilities)   Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 am

Passive abilities have been OP in the last ver, however, in this ver as death strike is broken and all passive abilities have been nerfed, it might not be as OP as before, but passive abilities are still good abilities for both late game and early game.

Selecting the right hero for passive abilities is extremely important as you don't want stats gone into waste in int, this includes both stats gain and base stats at int. Heroes with good str and agi will make a very good passive heroes, heres what i think are the top 5 best passive heroes;
Hydralisk
Arthas
Illidan
Marine
Peon
You may wonder why i pick peon and marine as the best passive abilities hero, i will explain here why.
First of all, the first thing you want to look for in choosing a passive hero is the base stats in str and agi, add them up together, and you will find this 5 heroes have the highest number.
Hydralisk = 30str + 30 agi = 60
Arthas = 50 str + 8 agi = 58
Illidan = 31str + 27 agi = 58
Marine = 33str + 30 agi = 63
Peon = 25str + 29 agi = 54

Having the highest base stats in str and agi isn't enough, however, if we look at their stats gain we'll know further more who's the best in the long run.
Hydralisk = 3.0str + 4.5 agi = 7.5
Arthas = 5.5str + 1 agi = 6.5
Illidan = 4.5 str + 3.0 agi = 7.5
Marine = 3.5str + 3.0 agi = 6.5
Peon = 3.5str + 3.0 agi = 6.5
All the heroes above have the stats gain of at least 6.5 on str and agi stats gain, hydralisk and illidan has the best stats gain in terms of long run as they gain 7.5 per level, though assassin has the stats gain of 8.0 per level, it is far too weak for her base stats to catch up with others.

The third thing you want to look into is, their base attack speed. Base attack speed is extremely important in late game when everyone hits max attack speed, it is far more important than stats gain in late game. The calculation of base attack speed is mentioned in several sections, which is 5/base attack speed = number of time hit per second. A difference between 2.0 and 2.2 is 0.23, which is a 23% difference in damage assuming both heroes have the same damage.

According to glorn, most melee str has a base attack speed of 2.0, however, arthas has a lower base attack speed so i will assume arthas has the same base attack speed of hydralisk which is 2.25. Illidan and peon will have a BAS of 2.2, while marine will have a BAS of 2.4 or 2.5.

After reading this, perhaps you will look real close to these three importants factors when picking a hero with all passive abilities.
Wink

Last edited by KOnYiu on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Picking a hero (passive abilities)   Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:25 am

Last but not least the thing to include about is movement speed. According to my observation Hydralisk has the highest movement speed, combine with endurance it can hit max movement speed very easily. Arthas and marine have the lowest, and marine's ms is even worse than arthas.However i bet the 650 range can compensate that. Peon and Illidan are the fastest heroes. The reason for having a high speed hero is to prevent people from kitting you. As a passive hero will not have counters to kiting, so they are pretty screwed in a 1v1 with someone with ranged hero and slow ward or poison strike. Arthas is at a huge disadvantage in this part.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Picking a hero (passive abilities)   Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 am

Illidian has ~2.2 BAT also, arthas is 2.3, peon I'm not positive on, but I believe 2.2 or so.

the marine is like 2.5 though, maybe more.

for the record, the assasin has the worst base attack speed of all melee heros.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Picking a hero (passive abilities)   Picking a hero (passive abilities) EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 am

edited and fixed :p thx glorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking a hero (passive abilities)   Picking a hero (passive abilities) Empty

Back to top Go down

Picking a hero (passive abilities)
Page 1 of 1