Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Gaming on my Mac EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Gaming on my Mac EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Gaming on my Mac EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Gaming on my Mac EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Gaming on my Mac EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Gaming on my Mac EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Gaming on my Mac EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Gaming on my Mac EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Gaming on my Mac EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Gaming on my Mac I_vote_lcapGaming on my Mac I_voting_barGaming on my Mac I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Gaming on my Mac I_vote_lcapGaming on my Mac I_voting_barGaming on my Mac I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Gaming on my Mac

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

Gaming on my Mac Empty
PostSubject: Gaming on my Mac   Gaming on my Mac EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:23 am

A story of gaming with outdated eMac 10.3.9 and missing directx player

load time was 210 seconds, over 1.5 second of delay. and repeatative mini freeze with occasional stop - motion player every 5 frames. And of course, there is the holy shit, my screen frozen, i hear the annoucer that my hero has fallen but WTF happened!!? 3-5 second panic lag. Connection speed - pretty damn good around 135 ms so I was able to actually play. Given that it some time it spikes around 250 or so. it was the most stable game I had on this comp.

Main foe. Gazoo (west), medicore player with top of the pub skills.
Result, I got him a few times until my 2 completely new team mates dragged me down. While he's got two almost medicore player that obviously pwns cha virgins.

Point of this post? not a clue, ( I am actually surprised that I can play cha. but unable to play some simple TD like Gem Td or Green TD. maybe because they got custom model or image. ) Playing with shitty computer and almost win makes me feel much better than playing on a decent computer; pwning people who complains about the new map.

hopefully I get a good rematch with him and make him wonder like ' wtf? hax!
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

Gaming on my Mac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming on my Mac   Gaming on my Mac EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:17 pm

i think the reason TDs like that tend to cause more lag is the way the creeps spawn. in CHA your only introducing a few new creeps every couple of seconds whereas with those TDs they spawn in giant waves. I dont have any technically, mathematical, scientifical, Glornian explanation for why this happens but its definitely something I have noticed. I have also noticed that certain types of creeps (generally flying or anything with an aura) definitely cause more lag than others.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Gaming on my Mac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming on my Mac   Gaming on my Mac EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Reason: Verti was pretty close. The reasoning is that in those TD's there is, as above said, "A lot of shit going on at once" (to paraphrase) and I doubt that many TD makers use preloading.

Also, in the new CHA; I was keeping weaker computers in mind while making it; and I have it set so that any trigger not being used, gets turned off. Combined with preloading, the only lag anyone should get in the game is due to internet connection speeds.

To be summed up very simply, "The more stuff that is going on at once, the more lag you will have." and CHA is a smooooooth ride. ...except for the bugs...
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Gaming on my Mac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming on my Mac   Gaming on my Mac Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming on my Mac
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | Computers and Internet | Internet | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com