Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Map Maker's Round Table EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Map Maker's Round Table EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Map Maker's Round Table EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Map Maker's Round Table EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Map Maker's Round Table EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Map Maker's Round Table EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Map Maker's Round Table EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Map Maker's Round Table I_vote_lcapMap Maker's Round Table I_voting_barMap Maker's Round Table I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Map Maker's Round Table I_vote_lcapMap Maker's Round Table I_voting_barMap Maker's Round Table I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Map Maker's Round Table

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

Map Maker's Round Table Empty
PostSubject: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:40 pm

Hey this is for anyone who has questions, like myself, about anything map involved, except MAKING models and skins. Anywho, for me triggers are ez as pi but, customized skills I havent taken the time to learn:

For Example: (Item AND its Desired Skill)
Soul Reaver: As an ability I want an Omni-slash type skill, but the ammount of hits, or maybe it will be the damage(I can work with either), will be dependant on a bar which will represent the ammount of souls aqcuired by the item. obviously 1 kill should be 1 soul. Having troubles setting this all up. And one have any prior experience, or a good link one could refere too?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:47 pm

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/omnislash-v1-00b-161947/?prev=of%3Ddownloads%26search%3Domni%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

There is your skill, edit it as you please.

For the damage, add another integer variable, call it "souls" When a player gets a kill, set souls to souls+1. Then add or multiple souls into the equation. Say, (normal damage) + (Souls X 20) that would be, 20 additional damage per soul.

As for the bar, you would have to download a custom bar system, and set it to increase based on kills. To limit it with the variable, just add a condition, "If souls is less than or equal to 20"
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Thanks dude! This will save me a shit load of time and be a great point of reference for future weapon/skill combos!
Back to top Go down
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:12 pm

I got a couple more questions. 1 Adding the skill in its all triggers eh? And if so, whats the most commonly used base skill?
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Lol sorry this doesnt portrait to the topic or question but i gotta comment on ur avatar, samurai champloo is da shit n mugen is the best d-(^.^)z
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Haha, Yeah, Mugen is da bomb! Sort've my role model, his character inspired me sooo much, Ive actually been trying to incorperate breakdancing/capo eira into my kenjutsu =).

Back to the questions: Where would one find some Custom Bar Systems to browse through?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 9:11 pm

on the hiveworkshop.com under spells, then sort into "systems" I think you can make bars for anything, shields, life, mana, items, power, whatever, depending on your level of skill with an editor.

I usually base my skills off... whatever I can. You do not want any 2 skills to have the same base order ID. That is, if you base 2 skills off shockwave, and cast 1, it will cast them both; or the wrong one. With items, it isnt a problem, cuz item and hero/unit skills are different. So for items, just make sure they are all different from each other. With hero skills, it is the same, but you can have a hero and item skill based on the same thing. IT becomes a problem in games like CHA where you can pick your own skills, and there are so many.

Without going into how I do it, just make sure to use the base skill as an unused skill. Or, in the map download from the hive, go into object editor, and find the base skill they use. Then right click, COPY, open your map, PASTE.

When you add the skill, make sure in preferences, you have the box checked, something along the lines of "imports used variables" so that all the skill variables are brought over for you.
Back to top Go down
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:04 pm

I have lots of skill with the GUI Triggering, so hopefully it won't take too long, most of the systems Ive found are either far to large though, and not relevant to the items, or need a fix lol
Back to top Go down
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:38 am

Hey, Glorn2 do you think you could take a look @ my map real quick? I can't figure out why but I screwed up in a couple places and cannot for the life of me, find what i need to change. maybe your expertise could figure it out? all the triggers are organized, but the omnislash isn't working, it looks exactly like it did, with 1 exception but the guide cleary started it was a area i could change. The other problem is when I kill things with the item in inv, the Soul charge doesnt go up, or if it does, the multi board dosen't show it. It would all be a chance for you to look @ a completely new genre of map, althoguh its no where near finished.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:25 am

Uhhh, I guess; I will give it a whirl. Email it to me, seandarlin14@hotmail.com

Also, do you have vent? so I can verbally explain to you what needs to be changed? (having it done for you doesn't lead to learning)
Back to top Go down
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:59 am

I don't have vent, don't got a mic so i never really thought about it and yeah, I am learning but I can't get past the part im @. ill have it sent within 20 minutes, hotmail isn't loading for some reason lol

looks like im gonna have to host it, neither hotmail or yahoo are loading for me, just let me know when your on, ill be on east too, account is Veracruz
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:38 am

glorn in my map theres a cinematic scene with 2 groups about to fight but atm they are trash talking each other, how can i stop them from fighting during cinematic mode, without pausing the game?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:00 pm

make sure they are all in a region

Action: Unit Group: Pick all units in region and do multiple actions
Action: Pause picked unit
Action: Wait XX seconds (until cinematic is over) (or you could set a timer, then when timer expires, run a new set of actions; which is the proper way to do things)
Action: Unit Group: Pick all units in region and do multiple actions
Action: Unpause picked unit
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:02 pm

hmmm alright ill give it a shot
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyWed May 05, 2010 8:28 pm

Set CL_Damage[CL_Index[2]] = (666 x (Souls[i] x 20))

Take a look at that, I may be wrong, but your integer variable [i] is your integer variable for the number of your multiboard.

Because of this, if your player is equal to anything other than what you set [i] to, it will not work right.

tip, for things of that nature, set a variable equal to player number of owner of triggering unit.

so:
Set CL_Damage[CL_Index[2]] = (666 x (Souls[(Player Number of (owner of triggering unit))] x 20))

However, this is a huge number.... You are talking about (for easy math) 650X20=13000, X another 20, is 260000.... that is a huge number. Also, if "souls" is equal to zero, you will do zero damage every hit. Make sure it is set as a base of 1.
Back to top Go down
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyThu May 06, 2010 2:24 am

Hahaha, damn I didn't notice I left it 666xSouls thought I set it to +souls

And thanks alot man, your little explaination got me thinking and I figured the perfect way to correct it.

I realised that having Souls as a Interger Array was not what I wanted, but merely a Interger. So I created a new Interger Named SoulsCount and changed:

Set CL_Damage[CL_Index[2]] = (666 x (Souls[i] x 20))

to

Set CL_Damage[CL_Index[2]] = (666 + (SoulsCount x 25))
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:28 am

However, without an integer, this will now only work for a single player. Making it an array would be easy, and allow for each player wielding the weapon to have their own soul count.

Set CL_Damage[CL_Index[2]] = (666 + (SoulsCount[(Player number of(owner of triggering unit) x 25))

you may have to replace "triggering unit" with the variable that holds the place of triggering unit, preset earlier in the trigger.
Back to top Go down
Veracruz
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
Veracruz

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Thanks for the idea, but there is only going to be one of this item, like many of the items.

Hadda change it to

Set CL_Damage[CL_Index[2]] = (Heros Str + (SoulsCount x 6)) b/c it was faaaar too strong. Especially when I made the ammount of hits equal to the Soulcount
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Maker's Round Table   Map Maker's Round Table Empty

Back to top Go down

Map Maker's Round Table
Page 1 of 1