Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Alongside the Hell Jumpers I_vote_lcapAlongside the Hell Jumpers I_voting_barAlongside the Hell Jumpers I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Alongside the Hell Jumpers I_vote_lcapAlongside the Hell Jumpers I_voting_barAlongside the Hell Jumpers I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Alongside the Hell Jumpers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

Alongside the Hell Jumpers Empty
PostSubject: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:46 pm

ive been writing a science fiction book for a while, and while it was a good experience, i think that there are alot of lessons to be learned. I dont think its worth trying to edit the book. So im going to start over, These are the first three chapters of my new fan fiction series which i will begin to post on the halo fanfic forums. They are still works in progress, and im prolly going to hold off another week before i submit them. Read close, tell me your thoughts, and enjoy!

Note: This series follows along the halo story, here is some backround.

UNSC: united nations space command. This is the army and governing body of the humans in this era, not much is known about their society or ruling system, it is known to be democratic. The UNSC streches across 800 or so planets.

Marines: most of the fighting takes place on the ground, the marines are the standard fighting unit

ODST: Orbital Drop Shock Troopers: these are the navy seals of the future, they drop from Space bourne pods and clear the way for larger landings. They are very critical of other people no in the ODSTs Such as regular marines and the Spartans.

Spartans: These are Bionic supersoldiers, taken from their homes at the ages of 6 and trained to be the best, equipped with the most advanced armor the humans have to offer. The master chief from halo was one of the best spartans, and has been lucky enough to survive throught the war.

K-7: This is a gun loosely based on a long range suppression rifle that will be in Halo: Reach Very accurate and powerful from range.

Br-55 or "battle rifle." Fires in full auto or 3 round bursts, accurate and powerful from medium range.

Ar the assault rifle: fires 15 rounds a second, it has standard sights with no scope, unlike the Br55 and the K7, short range weapon 60 round clip.

pistol: fires a .50 cal explosive round, very powerful at close range.

SNiper rifle: known as the s2 aim, this fired a high caliber bullet which can kill from about 3 miles away, remarkably accurate and deadly.

Covenant: The alien race at war with the humans Lead by the prophets

Grunts: 5.5 feet tall about, powerful in numbers but weak and cowardly alone, they are no match for an ODST in a hand-to-hand fight.

Elites: stand about 9 feet tall, immensely brave and powerful, exellent tacticians, these are the ones sent in to lead the grunts

The covenant often use portable energy shields instead of trenches and they have plasma turrets which are like Human .50 cal machine guns, but more powerful. The covenant have better technology and often out number the humans in fights.

The war: The Human-covenant war lasted for 27 years, this series takes place about 12 years into the war, at home, it seems like a war that is being won. Only those who are fighting realize how bleak it looks. The series follows several characters, and the main fighting force is the 2nd helljumper Battalion of the 105th Helljumper Division.

Size: the average number of men in a given force. Next the the force name is the average rank of a commander of an army of that size.

(Sergeant) Squad: 6-10 people
(Lieutenant)Platoon: 3-4 squads: 18-40 people
(Captain)company: 3-4 platoons: ~120 people
(Major)Battalion: 3-5 companies( 2nd battalion has 3) 360-600 men
(Colonel)Regiment: 2-3 battalions
(Brigadeer general)Brigade: 2-5 regiments
(General)Divison: 2-4 brigades
(Field Marshal)Corps: 2-3 Divisions
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 pm

Alongside the Hell Jumpers: “Greenie”

“Oh hell nah,” ODST Private Sean Blackburn shook his head; a marine sat down next to him and his assault boat. “Don’t fucking tell me your green ass is going on our boat.” The shocked marine gawked at the Matte black figure, he shook off his blank stare long enough to reply…

“Y-Y-Yes my captain ordered me to report t-to this assault boat.” Sean hung his head slightly, his polarized faceplate faded so the marine could see his eyes.

“They best not stick the damn greenies in with the real soldiers; y’all end up doin more harm then good.” A gauntleted hand came in from behind him; ODST Sergeant Dennis Greenwich pulled back Sean’s shoulder, and talked in a quiet voice that was just loud enough for Sean and the marine private to hear.

“I’m sure he’s a fine soldier, now let the kid be.” Sean re-focused on the marine in front of him,

“What’s your name boy?” The marine couldn’t hide his shameful nervousness, through his stuttering he managed to say that he was Eugene Walker. Sean scoffed at the man, and turned his head back to preparing the assault boat. “Damn greenies… how bout you take first watch, if I’m going to have to hold your damn hand tomorrow I’m going to need my beauty sleep.”

The unrelenting sounds of plasma burned the air around Sean. The black coated soldier knelt next to his friend Bill to get some cover, the two worked in tandem to provide suppressing fire as the aliens advanced across the open ground.

“Reloading,” Screamed out Bill,

“Firing,” came the reply from Sean.

The Marine next to the ODST pair was wildly firing his rifle, the new recruit had not yet gained experience in combat.

“Hey, jackass, at least fucking try to aim, we aint got the ammo to waste.”

“Sean, Watch out!” The cry from Bill came far too late, an elite sporting an energy sword lead into Bill with his shoulder, and sent him flying back. The Elite charged towards the wounded ODST, Sean frantically sprayed his rifle at close range, the elite’s shields faded and he took several rounds to the back, Sean then heard a click inside of his chamber, the ammo counter read 15. He realized in horror that his gun had jammed. He turned a terrified look to the marine next to him, and shouted.

“C’mon, my guns jammed, use that fucking shotgun you have.” The sudden attack by the elite had left the young marine shocked; he shook in terror against the rock. Sean turned his face back just in time to see the elite slice Bill cleanly in two pieces, thick streams of blood belonging to Sean’s childhood friend flew threw the air and connected with Sean’s face. As the elite moved in for the kill on Sean, its head suddenly exploded, the trail of a distant sniper round had caught him right in the head. Sean sat in shock at the death of his friend, then turned to the terrified marine next to him, and grabbed him by the chest.

“You fucking greenie little pussy.” He punched him straight in the face; the man’s nose released a stream of red blood. “You couldn’t grow a fucking set of balls for two seconds could you?” Through tears, and unmitigated anger, he kept beating on the young marine. The covenant Elite had done its job; it was born and trained to kill. Why couldn’t the marine have done his? “That Elite bastard only needed one shot from your rifle to trim the ground with his squid-headed brain, and you couldn’t fucking do it. I’m going to kill you, you fucking green son of a bitch.”

Sean awoke suddenly; he gasped and brought up his gun. Nothing moved, except for the marine in front of him. “What the hell do you want?” The shocked man tried to speak, but only stuttering came from his mouth. “Spit it out greenie.”

“y-y-you said to wake you when m-m-my watch was over.” Sean sighed and rolled over, he picked his head up and looked around. He decided to at least let the Marine rest,

“Alright, get some rest; you’re going to need it.” As Sean spun around to grab his rifle, the marine spoke.

“Hey, S-Sean,” Sean’s first response to any non-Hell Jumper was usually a very unfriendly one.

“To you, my name is Blackburn, What do you want?”

“What’s it like? C-Combat?” Sean sighed at the man almost like he was a disappointing son who had to be taught a life lesson. He decided to indulge the man, maybe prepare him a bit so he wasn’t as likely to freeze up and get him killed.

“Just picture the scariest possible event you’ve ever gone through. Think of how you felt, how you reacted, what happened. Then multiply that by the highest factor you can think of.” Sean paused for a bit the continued. “Then you’ve got some small clue about the shit that goes down. It’s raw, and pure, hell, there is no way to get ready for it. Just keep your head down, and keep moving.” That was all Sean was going to give, he pushed himself up and walked away, he’d let the greenie fry for a while, tomorrow was going to be a long day.
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Alongside the Hell Jumpers: Part II “Myrmidons”

Private Walker sat in silence in the back of the Idling assault boat. He dared not speak, lest he aggravate Sean again. Walker tried to conceal his shaking, encased in the best body armor the UNSC could buy, holding on to the Br-55 the corps gave him; he did not feel safe.

“Alright men,” the ODST Sergeant Greenwich began to speak, over the low hum of the idling assault boat water jet motor. “We’ve already secured the Island, now we’ve gotta move into the mainland. Covenant AA has made that impossible, so we have to take out the guns on the top of this ridge.” Walker gazed out upon on the open water, 400 meters away, the only accessible beach landing site lie in his view. He held onto his rifle with one hand, and grasped a tight grip onto the boat’s handle with the other. His squad was spread out across the ODST boats, to fill in the gaps caused by the losses they suffered during the drop the night before. Walker refocused on the Sergeant, who began to speak again. “The only way to get a foothold on this covenant Island, is to silence those guns, and the only way to do that, is to take that beach.” He gazed upon his Hell jumpers and said one last thing. “We have been doing this for five years, remember what you have been taught, keep moving, keep up the pressure, and they wont stand a chance.

Walker felt very left out, be he didn’t mind. This would be his first combat engagement, he would feel very lucky to just make it out alive. He drew the cross out of his fatigues, and muttered a silent prayer to the god he may very soon meet.

Radio: “First wave, move out.” The 110 Hell Jumpers left from the HEV drop to secure the island from the covenant moved out first. The two companies of Marines would follow behind as the 2nd and 3rd waves. This staggering of the waves would prevent the mortar tanks from wiping out multiple ships with one hit. Walker also thought that the colonel in charge wanted to ODST’s to lead the way, and do the heavy lifting. Walker did not have confidence in himself to take a beach from a covenant force of at least 300, the commander must not have either.

“Incoming! Brace yourselves men.” The words of Sergeant Greenwich were trailed by massive orbs of blue plasma slamming into the water. The surface tension of the water was enough to cause the plasma to disperse, the shockwave rippled as 4-5 foot swells. Walker grabbed on with extreme fright as the boat rocked to the side. He gazed out to his left as a well aimed Wrath shot connected with one of the ODST boats. The massive fireball obliterated the entire squad in a second. Walker buried his face into the rubber. He let out a nervous cry, just wanted it all to end. The overwhelming sounds of exploding plasma and the rocking of the boat made him lean over the side. His mouth opened and let out a stream of vomit which discolored the channel beneath him. He coughed and spit out the bile from his stomach, and tried to re-collect himself. The occupied Hell Jumpers did not notice his ordeal, Walker was certain they would not care even if they had.

“Fifteen seconds, load and lock boys!” The Hell Jumpers fixed the clips of ammo on to their weapons. As the boat neared the shore, a blue orb of plasma slammed into the water a mere 5 meters away. The shockwave sent Walker’s face into the rubber, the battle hardened Hell Jumpers shock it off and leapt from the boat.

Walker could see the covenant infantry set up portable turrets and energy shields. Hundreds of grunts commanded by a dozen elites took up the defensive position on the military crest just eighty meters from the shore.

“C’mon Walker stay with us.” Sean Blackburn pulled the Marine up to his feet. He ran to the sea wall. Mortar shots and the plasma fire cut down the Matte black troopers as they tried to reach the wall. Dozens of them fell before they could get to the relative safety. Walker fell to the ground and crawled his way forward, a gauntleted hand scooped him up by his harness and carried him in a crouching run to the wall. When he got there he could do nothing but cover his head and try to avoid the plasma. His heart pounded loud enough to hear, even over the whine of plasma rifles and the crack of ODST assault rifles.

“Alright 2nd platoon you guys know the drill, 1st squad establish a base of fire, 2nd and 3rd move under it hard and fast. Grenades first, thin those bastards out, Suppression Rifles and snipers on the elites, ARs on the little guys.”

1st squad had most of the suppression riflemen, and the .30 cal gunners. 2nd and 3rd had most of the ARs and Br-55s. Walker readied his rifle and fought against his paralyzing fear to aim it forward. His head was the brought back down behind the rocks by an approaching plasma bolt. He sat frozen in fear, he had tried to ready himself for this fight, but this was far worse then could have imagined.

“Nades out, get some fire forward men.” The grenades flew from the Hell Jumpers and landed just in front of the energy shields. The explosions tore away the barriers of energy, leaving nothing but open air between the covenant defenders and the Hell Jumper’s Stoic accuracy. The snipers fired their rounds into the heads of the elites. Blue and red uniformed commanders fell under the barrage. The suppression riflemen worked in two teams of three. Just nine shots in total was enough from the high powered K-7 rifles to bring down the shields of the elites. So the 3 man team could down their shields in a matter of seconds. The short spray from the ARs and Br-55s of the 2nd and 3rd squads put down the unshielded elites and grunts alike. At least two dozen grunts, and eight elites were downed before they could even react.

“Forward men!” With an unmatched ferocity the black matted soldiers charged from the rock wall. Walker could see Blackburn at the front, he fired his AR until it went dry. Then the ODST drew his sidearm in one hand, and his 7” combat knife in the other one. His Knife hand also held another clip of ammo. The .45 caliber pistol could blow the head clean off a Grunt, and tear a foot wide hole in the chest of an unshielded elite. The weakened covenant lines stood no chance. Walker could see Blackburn hit the lines first. He fired off a clip into a nearby Elite. The frightened grunts tried to run, but his knife slide cleanly into the back of its neck. Soon the Covenant lines broke, and fled across the open ground back to their entrenchment on the ridge. All along the 300 meter long line, the Hell Jumpers pushed through.

Normally in such and engagement Marines would be pinned down while Wraith fire could re-adjust and thin them out. Grunts would charge alongside elites, and finish them off. The Hell jumpers only needed 4 minutes to break the covenant lines. The 2nd wave, composed of Able company of the 7th marine battalion just hit the shores as the Hell Jumpers continued their charge to the ridge. The Wraiths did not have time to re-adjust their guns, and most of the covenant infantry was now fleeing across the open. The ODST’s were hot on their heels, the relentless tide could not be symied by the covenant fire.

Blackburn had lost sight of Walker, he resigned to just keep moving to the ridge with his men, before the Wraiths could re-orientate. He was at the front of the charge, the plasma shots connected with several men running at his side. He held the loaded AR in his hand, and pushed his legs to carry him faster. Sean broke his stride slightly, allowing him to aim at a trio of grunts fleeing across the field. A dozen well aimed bullets cut them down. He could feel his heart beating, after five long years he was still not used to braving plasma fire in a dead sprint.

“Fall into cover men, at these rocks, go go go!” Sean followed Sergeant Greenwich to a nearby rock; five surviving ODST’s also met them there. Just 15 meters away the wine of a plasma cannon signaled their last obstruction till they were inside the covenant lines. “Get nades on that thing and lets get in there.” Sean Stripped his last grenade from his chest harness, and heaved it onto the gun. The whine of the cannon was outshined by the explosion of three grenades. The cries of Grunts as the shrapnel pierced their bodies filled Sean’s ears. He pulled out his sidearm and knife and moved forward before the Grunts could recover. Sean pulled the trigger, and felt a stiff recoil as a .45 caliber bullet exited his muzzle and ripped thru the air. The bullet entered the skull of a grunt, and painted the tree behind him with the purple alien gore. Sean slashed the throat of the first grunt he saw. He looked ahead to see more of the frightened aliens running in terror. Just 40 meters away, Sean could see their objective.

“There it is boys.” He felt the words come from his mouth, and then trudged ahead. The covenant commanders were long gone now and 3rd platoon had already secured the area around the AA gun. The disorganized covenant infantry offered little resistance; they retreated back to their next line of defense about 100 meters behind the gun, across a clearing. Sean Blackburn, as hardened and as brave as he was, did not want to pursue them. They were supported by reinforcements arriving from the captured city, and at least a dozen dug in tanks. Sean and his fellow ODST’s had accomplished their objective. He was content to wait for the marines to show up, and let the tanks and air support do the work. Sean had held their hands enough for one day.

Walker had just now worked up the courage to step across no man’s land. This 100 meter plot of land separated him and the tree line which had only minutes before belonged to the covenant. He could see the black troops milling about on the hillside, mopping up the remaining covenant infantry. The Hell Jumpers had taken the brunt of the casualties. He counted about forty or so black armored bodies, lying among nearly two hundred of those belonging to the covenant infantry. He knew he would catch hell for being a coward. But at this point he did not mind, he was content just to have lived through his first fight. He felt his anger towards Sean die down. The Hell Jumpers may have been less then friendly towards those outside their unit; but they fought with a stunning ferocity, and efficiency. Walker saw them take a beach defended by a force 3 times their number, in a matter of fifteen minutes. He could learn much from this experience, he would stay alongside the Hell Jumpers, and maybe, just maybe, live to see the end of this.
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 pm

fuckin awesome start. you made odst fuckin awesome again =D
Back to top Go down
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptySat May 01, 2010 12:23 am

Note: The covenant ranking system will come into play more and more as we get father into the series. so here is it.

Regular forces:
Yellow grunt: The lowest of the grunts, low experience, high numbers.
Red Grunt: Veterans, often lead small groups of other grunts, but are still subordinate to the lowest of Elites
Green Grunt: HEavy weapons, they man the turrets and Fuel rod cannons (equivilant to rocket launcher)
Blue elite: "minors" these ones will lead small groups of grunts, supporior to the average marine.
Red Elites: "Majors" Equivilent to human First Lieutenants or captains. They have shields about 75% stronger then blue ones. They move faster and fire with greater accuracy
Silver eites: "Ultras" These are the Spec ops commanders and Colonels of the Covenant Shields are about 3 times that of a blue Elite.
Gold Elites: "Zealots." Very brave and powerful enemies, they will assume the rank of General and field marshal. Their energy shields are about as strong as Ultras and htey almost always lead charges with Energy swords.

Spec ops:
Purple Grunt: Lowest of the Spec ops command, well trained and firece
Purple Elite: Shields slightly stronger then those of red elites, very well trained.
Brown Elites: Spec ops squad commanders
Silver: Same as in the regular army

Chapter 3 "The Calm.

Alongside the Hell Jumpers Chapter 3: “The Calm”

The 2nd company of the 2nd ODST battalion had move in as the night fell to reinforce 1st company. The total number of ODSTs rose to one hundred and ninety.
Sean could see the Marine walking over to his hole, he inwardly sighed again. This kid was never going to leave him alone.

“What the hell is your green ass doing back here? Your squad got ashore, why don’t you go hang with your marine buddies?” Blackburn’s helmet was off; walker could see his hair caked with dried sweat, the cool air blew steam off of the soldier’s hot and sweaty head. “Well?” Walker snapped out of his daze, and managed to say without a stutter…

“My platoon is in the fox holes behind you, I wanted to see how you all ended up.” Walker could see not only the laughter from Sean, but others around him could not help but submit to the humor. Sean’s smile quickly faded to a frown, and he spoke.

“That’s very nice, now go on, get outta here.” Walker saw the man turn away, and take a drink from his canteen. He still had a question to ask, the real reason he came over here. But he didn’t know how to ask it.

“How do you do it?” Walker didn’t even think the words through; his urgency just involuntarily forced them out. “How do you charge headlong into those monsters like the myrmidons up the Trojan beach? How do you cut them to pieces like its nothing?” Walker could see the soldier shrug. The ODST lettering on his back was covered in alien gore and grass. He spun around slowly; his face did not sport a smile, or even an angry grimace. The look that Sean Blackburn wore on his face, was one of a soldier who seemed to have lost all cause.

“How do you do it Walker?” Sean’s face was one of many emotions; pure anguish seeped from every pore. “How can you just bury your face behind rocks and dirt, while the men you fight alongside run into a wall of ionized gas?”

“It was m-m-my first t-time, f-for god sakes I’m just a—”

“Shut the fuck up,” There was a chilling anger hidden beneath the Hell Jumper’s sadness, one that was borne from deep roots. “All you Marines are the same, all you greenies are the same. You roll in here, straight from boot camp, filled with the smoke that all the recruiters blew up your ass.” Sean paused only for a moment, the slight pause hit Walker harder then all of his words just had. “Then when the shit gets ugly, you all turn into a bunch of empty uniforms; just a waste of the Body armor some poor worker spent his hard work to create.” Sean shook his head and hung it low; he paused to take a drink of water. Walker seized this moment to interject.

“What did we ever do to you that was so bad?”

“What did you do? You do nothing, and that’s just it. It’s the whole fucked up system. The Marines get all the tanks and the airplanes, and the damn Spartans get all the glory, as the infiltrating badass warriors who strike fear into the covenant command. The whole damn human race forgets about the Hell Jumpers who plunge from a space ship down through the planet’s atmosphere.” Sean paused, looking out over the dead bodies of his fellow Hell Jumpers. “They forget about the men who take beachheads from a dug in covenant enemy three times their number in a matter of 15 minutes.” Sean Stopped looking around at the bodies and the forest. His gaze locked in on Walker. “Hell, I’ve met marines who weren’t even aware what an ODST was. One mention of the heroic Spartans, and shit, you could keep those fuckers going for hours.” The young marine felt his face burning. A cold shock shot up his spine, he wanted to turn away, but could not. He did manage to speak, he needed to say something.

“I-I’m sorry,” Sean just hung his head in response to Walker and shook it slightly

“It isn’t your fault… you want to know why you froze behind that wall during the landing?” Eugene felt the answer was obvious.

“I was scared.” Then Sean replied with the last thing he would ever think he would say.

“We’re all scared, me… you… hell even the sarge is scared, and he’s been here longer then anyone.”

Sergeant Greenwich paused to nod his agreement. “The only ones who aren’t scared are the ones dead on the sand.”

Walker could see a good man inside Sean, there was something that had turned him into what he is. Walker kept his attention on Blackburn, wanting to figure it out. “But you… and all those like you… still have hope.”

“You don’t? Sean?”

“Hell no, I’ve been fighting for five damn years. Every friend I ever had is dead, and all of them died on land so we could hightail it back into space.” Sean looked dead into Walker’s eyes and asked… “and for what? Front row seats to the orbital bombardment.”

“But this is all for something greater then our—”

“Ahh, can it.” Sean waved his arms at Eugene’s attempt to justify, and spoke without missing a beat. “The point is; all this is pointless, and hopeless. When you realize that, then you’ll turn into a true soldier, someone who fights for the sake of fighting. You’ll be that crazy Hell Jumper who runs through a wall of plasma just for the satisfaction of sinking his knife into some pathetic Grunt just trying to run away. It all becomes a game, just something you play until the good lord decides it’s time to take you out.”

Sean took a drink of water before he said… “and dear god that time can’t come soon enough.” Blackburn’s eyes stared off into the distance. Walker had figured it out, the ODST was just tired of it all. It was true, Walker had figured out that the war he was fighting was not glorious, and it hardly seemed like one that was worth fighting.

“Sean, would you do it over, you know… if you could go back.” The ODST broke his thousand yard stare, and turned to Walker.

“There’s no sense looking at what could have been done. We are here now, that’s it.” Walker nodded, and looked across the field towards the covenant lines. He knew they would have to go out there tomorrow.

Dennis Greenwich knelt down, and gazed far out along the open plain in front of him. The setting was beautiful; it looked straight out of a movie. He so desperately wanted to just be here on some vacation. He could not remember the last time the war was not on his mine, the fight had gone on for too long. He thought a lot about what Sean had said to Walker just about an hour ago. He never really intended to lose hope. Around his men, he managed to hide his feelings behind a wall of confidence and pride. But, those who were around as long as Sean has been began to understand.

This war had just become a massive game of cat and mouse. Dennis had commanded 1st squad for over eight years, not one of the men he trained with remained. He knew that all his men were greenies at one point, just like Walker was. Dennis didn’t care if a regular marine decided to hang around. In fact, he didn’t like the way Sean had begun to treat him. Sean had long been Dennis’s best man; he always put aside his fears. As terrible as it felt, he had to let Sean distract himself with torturing the young private. What else did he have? At a certain point he was going to lose him, either physically or mentally. When that day came, Dennis wasn’t sure he could handle it, he’d seen so many good and hard men worn down by this conflict. What was it all for?

“Sarge, you best get some sleep man.” Dennis turned to the awakened Sean, and pushed himself over.

“Nah,” The tired Sergeant lay half sitting against a rock. “Someone has to take the watch, I’ve grown to just deal without sleeping.”

“I hear ya,” Sean brought himself up to a low crouch and made his way over to Dennis, he sat down next to him and offered him his canteen.

“I’m good,” Blackburn retracted the metal can; he took a drink, and then returned it to its pouch. They had always been friends, Sean never trusted the regular marines. It was hard for him to relate to the ODST replacements, because he knew they would just die like the rest soon enough. More out of desperation the anything else, Sean gravitated to the veteran fighter.

“Walker isn’t a bad kid.” Sean finally broke the silence. “But, I can’t ever be his friend or mentor. It’s just not who I am… besides, he’s just going to die like the rest.”

“Course he ain’t a bad kid,” he paused for a moment before adding “and as far as mentors go, I’ve seen worse. You taught the kid quite a bit today.”

“I suppose,” Sean lit a cigarette, not bothering to offer Dennis one, for he knew the Sergeant would never smoke. “My father used to take me fishing, on beaches just like that.” Sean blew a puff of smoke out into the night air. “It seems like a lifetime ago.”

“I joined up when I was thirty, and that was about three years before this crap started. I never got the chance to have a kid, or do any of that.” Dennis gazed out towards the beach.

“Sarge… I mean Dennis…” the aging Sergeant looked at Sean. “I wouldn’t… be half of what I am today, if I didn’t have your example to take after.” Kind words were so rare from the private. The words meant a lot, more then he could say. But even between friends close as they had become; there was still the chain of command, he was still Sean’s superior, not his father.

“Thanks,” Dennis felt slightly taken aback, and could only say… “I think I’ll try to get some sleep, take this watch…private.” With that, he shuffled behind his rock. Dennis closed his eyes, and fell asleep.
Back to top Go down
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptySun May 02, 2010 7:09 am

i like this. even though I don't play halo
Back to top Go down
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:34 am

rlly kool -Prints to show friends ^^-
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Chapter 4 “The storm.”

Rumanee Zamalee waited in silence. They had moved in silence for over three hundred yards to the edge of the clearing. The humans on the lines had not noticed their movement, unable to see the stealth Elites. Sixty Elites, clad in the dark purple armor of the Special Ops unit gathered together. They were only a hundred meters from the lines. The commander had ordered them to lead the charge which would force the humans from this beach. The first and most vexing of obstacles to this invasion were the human hell beasts. The infamous 2nd battalion had been responsible for the deaths of thousands of covenant soldiers. The force had originally numbered 360 men, once its men had been fully trained, it was estimated that at least 70 of these men held the ridge, but Rumanee had reason to believe there were nearly 200 of them.

“Make ready your weapons my brothers, cast aside your fears. Steel your hearts, move with stealth and cunning, and the day shall be ours.” Rumanee waved his men forward, they quietly move up towards the ridge. He felt he should add one last thing; it was not something he said often. “Brothers, the feelings you have for humans, cast them aside, These beasts fight under the banner of the humans. But, they share no kinship with their race, their training and experience has forged them into spawns of the underworld.” He paused for effect before adding..

“Do not, underestimate them.” Rumanee had said what me must, and now set his mind to the task. The units had taken care to jam the motion trackers, after his men had killed the sleeping beasts, the heavy weapons squads would destroy the armor, and the balance of the battered regiment would land on the shore, proceed up the ridge, and slaughter the human invaders.

Everything was in place, all that was left to do was fight. Rumanee then paused; something was off. The humans had no recon, patrols, or even picket lines. For such a renowned fighting unit, these Hell Beasts’ had proven to be very careless. Then a cold shiver was sent up his spine. Maybe it was himself who had gotten careless.

Once the Elites crossed the middle of the final clearing, a mere fifty meters from their goal… a cry from hell echoed from the ridge.

“Hell Jumpers… Kill them all!”

With that, Flares lit up over the ridge, Flash bangs illuminated the areas around the Elites. The intense light overloaded their night vision. The steady crack of distant sniper rifles and the roar of machine gun fire filled Rumanee’s ears. Rumanee struggled to get a grip of his surroundings; he turned off his night vision and fired his dual plasma rifles into the hills. The whine of plasma could be heard through his lines, as his men returned fire, but they were exposed.

“Brothers, fine cover, advance on their position, group one suppress their fire on the ridge. Group two flank west and secure the Vehicle depot, we must destroy their armor. His men set themselves to the tasks, but the surprise had cost his unit dearly, at least a dozen of his men lay dead or wounded. Rumanee and his men activated their energy shields, abandoning stealth. Even though they had been compromised, their shields were still more powerful then that of a major. The human beats would need to fight hard to push them away. After pounding his feet against the earth to the edge of the forest at the base of the ridge; The silver armored Ultra gave his men instructions. Although they were now out of the snipers’ field of fire Rumanee’s Elites now only numbered eighteen after he sent two dozen of his men on a flanking mission.

“Squad one,” Rumanee paused to point a finger at the brown armored Elite nearest him; first squad’s commander. “Suppress their position, all remainder; advance with me.” With deadly accuracy five carbines barked to life, and dropped at least half dozen black figures. Rumanee activated his energy sword, and advanced up the hill.

Sean could see his men fall around him. The center of their line was coming apart as a dozen elites sporting plasma swords charged up the hill. Though they had not been able to surprise the ODSTs; these Elites were Special Forces. Sean did not fear many things anymore, or at least did not let that fear control him. But he wasn’t stupid enough to stand in their way with no support. He did leave a little surprise for them.

“Private, fall back, now.” Dennis was retreating along with the remainder of his squad. They dropped into a foxhole about fifteen meters back, and aimed their guns at where those Sneaky bastards would be. Sean set the delay on a trio of incendiary grenades for 5 seconds, and pulled the pins. As the half invisible Elites charged up the ridge, the flames ignited. The fire distorted the camo units in their armor making them visible enough to shoot.

“Sean,” came a cry from Eugene, “Get down,” Instinctively, Sean dropped to the ground. Sean crawled as the roar of automatic weapons filled his ears. With a clear line of fire,
The stream of lead was too much for the Elites to weather. They fell back and drew their weapons. The heavily armed Elites fired into the ranks of ODSTs. Their well aimed shots found the heads and shoulders of several men. Sean Hoisted himself into the fox hole the Sergeant was in.

The private found nothing but an empty hole, the men had retreated again. He pulled off his helmet and Strapped on his thermal goggles. He scooped up a shotgun from a dead Hell Jumper, and peered over the side of the foxhole. The Elites had advanced farther, despite mounting loses. Just a mere ten meters past his hole, he saw an Elite pair. One, armed with dual plasma rifles was suppressing a squad of Hell Jumpers. The other made use of his carbine to thin out the occupants of the Fox hole. Sean could see Dennis was in trouble.

Fighting to calm his nerves, Sean drew a grenade from the belt of a nearby corpse, he quickly pulled the pin and held his breath.
1…
2…
3…
on that mark, Sean let the grenade go and quickly drew his pistol. The occupied Elites did not notice till it was too late. Just as the explosion took his shields almost all the way down; Sean fired a clip into the purple Elite the rounds cut through his shield and pierced his armor. The dead Elite fell to the ground.

Enraged, The silver elite drew an energy sword. Sean retreated back farther, and picked up the shotgun. He took careful aim, knowing he would not get time to reload. The elite jumped, its sword crackling in the night air. Time slowed, Sean could see the mandibles of the Elite part as it let out a battle cry. He could see the sword coming closer and closer. HE fought the urge to pull the trigger, only a point blank shot could put his shields down.

Almost when the Elite reached the muzzle, Sean pulled the trigger. The immense recoil kicked back into his shoulder. The brutally powerful slug stopped the Elite in his tracks. His shields Flickered, then popped, Sean threw the empty gun aside. He drew his knife before the Elite could right himself then stabbed into the beast’s neck. The silver armored warrior let out a gurgled roar and backhanded Sean to the side. Sean crawled to his pistol, reloaded the weapon and took aim. The Elite had recovered and charged again. Sean pulled the trigger. The .50 caliber explosive round tore open the Elite’s armor. Sean fought against the recoil, and kept firing. The Elite slowed, and then fell to his knees. The warrior lie on the ground, and breathed its last breath. Sean tossed the spent pistol to the side, and lie up against the tree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alongside the Hell Jumpers   Alongside the Hell Jumpers Empty

Back to top Go down

Alongside the Hell Jumpers
Page 1 of 1