Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
The Kick Command (and more) EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
The Kick Command (and more) EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
The Kick Command (and more) EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
The Kick Command (and more) EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
The Kick Command (and more) EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
The Kick Command (and more) EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
The Kick Command (and more) EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
The Kick Command (and more) I_vote_lcapThe Kick Command (and more) I_voting_barThe Kick Command (and more) I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
The Kick Command (and more) I_vote_lcapThe Kick Command (and more) I_voting_barThe Kick Command (and more) I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

The Kick Command (and more)

Go down 
+4
Wrathtoruin
i_4got_my_user
didnotmeanto
iBristleBack
8 posters
AuthorMessage
iBristleBack
Nooblet
Nooblet
iBristleBack

The Kick Command (and more) Empty
PostSubject: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 2:26 pm

First, the kick command should not be shown on this forums. Hundreds of pubs have probably viewed it and smirk when getting their asses owned on someone's bot and they're lucky enough to be red. When I feel like playing bot games instead of hosting I get frustrated when I'm not red because 80% of the time the pub red player says "I'm pro man, no sweat." and "I've got the modes covered bro. like ss and shit." I just played a SS, extreme, fast, autoheal, unl wep game where the kid thought he was god. So i killed him a few times and talked some shit, but nothing too bad. With his team losing, he thought it would be "cool" or "funny" maybe even out of desperation to kick me. After this I realized that this command is being abused.

Therefore I propose the following changes:
1. If you can, make people sign up on a list on these forums to have bot powers (i.e. if they join a bot game they can type stuff like -swap 2 3, -red, and become red or make people swap)

2. This is a no brainer; remove the kick command from this forum so no one can see it/abuse it (I remember I had to earn Riki's trust before she told me; or maybe it was glorn. idk the point is I couldn't just look it up, someone had to tell me)

3. Have a special edit without kick command for bot games

4. Remove the kick command or make the kick command only work if your team is winning (The only real function I see the kick command doing is removing annoying kids or people that don't play)

5. Have a special edit for bot games that pre-sets the game modes as well (so the dumb pub won't choose lame modes); this is good for a few reasons
a) trains pubs to play in the modes that the clans do; i.e. train and get btr to be recruited
b) when first timers play CHA they won't have the wrong idea of what CHA is (if i played ss my first time playing CHA i would probably never play CHA again)

6. Have a banlist for the bots that you can request on this forum with provided pictures. Like now i would like to ban B.O.N.E.R

The Kick Command (and more) Screen10

The Kick Command (and more) Screen11
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Actually bots have the !votekick command available so yes it should be removed or remade to require majority vote in order to kick. But hey do you really want to hang around a game you already won for another 2 hours? Fact is if they kick they forfeit, you really want to know what happens when they kick the star player the rest of their team rage quits and the game ends right there. The one's who don't rage quit are generally too stupid to know whats going on and deserve the clown theyre playing with.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 6:07 pm

there already IS a way to be able to become red in a game lobby... its called being an admin. i know wrath is extreamly free about giving out admin passes. verti is pretty much all about being a shaman in clan
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 pm

I am to a degree first off I only give my admins out to chao members and second I check my logs 2-3 a day for the entire day.So far I have had no trouble if there is trouble with my bot there will be consequences.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Either way he shouldnt have to be red to not be kicked. !votekick is a much better and more fair option and much less likely to be abused. If your own teammates want you out of the game then fuck them.

Kid you not Labs reasoning for not removing this when it was complained about on the other forum a very long time ago. (They can just use custom kick to remove you from the game I'm not going to remove this because a select few decided to abuse it) The fact is if its their own hosted game then yes they do have the right to remove you but whats going on is theyre removing you from another person game not their own hosted which is flat out wrong.
Back to top Go down
Batman is Pwn
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 pm

instead of picking modes from the houses you can type the modes
and use the HCL on ghost bots for autohosting

simple fix for slow reds who dont pick modes
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:28 pm

Sooo, we are suggesting that the kick command be turned into a votekick system? And what about all the times that you have been red and needed to kick some obnoxious fool? You would no longer be able to do that. Ever get the majority of people to simply type, -yes ??? It rarely works. Why? people are idiots.

This is simply a lose/lose situation. It would be easy to change the kick system over to a vote one; but like MANY of the changes I have made to the map, while people clamor for them, once I add them, people complain about them.

Easiest plan, as didnot said above, is to accept that you won, if you are kicked simply for being too good. If you are kicked for being obnoxious, then you deserved the kick. If you are kicked for sucking, then, well... everyone pick your own stance on that one. To make it a vote system would mean that obnoxious people wouldnt get kicked from games; and decent players would be forced to leave, or deal with it.

I've played quite literally, thousands of games. And maybe 1 outta 200 games do I see a player get kicked for anything except sitting AFK in base for 10+ minutes, or being level 2 at the first duel.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:23 pm

I agree, when I play on the vertis bot, I always try to get on the east team. So I am almost never play as red. Although I have been kicked for ruining the game for pubs, I just consider it as a win. And, the chance of this kind of thing happening can reduced by being nice to them after duel. Tell them what they did well first and what needs improvement. Instead of "you noobs got pwned!. Look at my armor! your shitty jagged sword with slowass attack speed did what? 500 damage to me while I went and dropped your whole team in 10 seconds?!. Quit rushing retard Jagged sword! (Also, The one ring helps you noobass dark ranger too!) "Noob: what should I get after I finished Mastery of ring? Me: "A big mac meal with large fries, iced tea; and a bacon cheese burger on the side".
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:17 am

LOL your so full of shit these guys will kick you even if you dont say a single word. As for rude players you can simply squelch them or inact an ignore command in most games /squelch arthas or /ignore arthas and in the case of bots and admin you can use the mute command. List checker and Ghost runned games easily allow the person who runs games to physically remove people from the game fact is -kick is basically not needed as much as it used to be. And again if they kick you, you win and basically they piss off your teammates and they leave too. LOL gotta love the free +1 topics. Kicks are rare except in gank run type builds run a hardcore bull shark style ganker build and I guarantee you will be kicked 70% of the time.

Incase anyone is stupid enough to stay when they kick your best player dont. Here is what happens they run their mouth off as if they accomplished something which they didnt. And if you somehow manage to do better then them guess what your next to be kicked.
Back to top Go down
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

Location : Local Group of Virgo - Outer Reaches of 200 billion stars Spiral - Orion Spur - Solar System of Sun - Earth - North America - Canada - Alberta - Edmonton..

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:21 am

It used to happen to me, but it just haven't happened for a long time. Like 3 months at least. Maybe I am not being a jerk as much as before.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:25 am

Question is are you ganking as often as you used to? I dont gank pubs ever because if I do the game ends in less then 2 duels. Besides which with a name like Boner or any other sexual or racial expression of course the dude going to be a lame ass noob, also if they have any dota reference in their name they suck dick and its a first sign indicator to get out of the game.
Back to top Go down
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 am

Man.. lots people that likes cha got issues with dota. I remember I am used to be like that too.. It's true I don't gank at all. I play passively now, just minding my business unless some noob tries to take my flag and happen to misclick on me. But, occasionally, if a red pick some really annoying mode. Like for example #1, extreme creep, super creep, dark mode, pro mode. If this kind of thing happens, I just get Mary and rape red + take flag. OR example #2 no extreme/fast creep, SS, Bonus stats. and /or gladiator. You get the idea. I don't gank normally unless I am playing as Timmy or Mary. (BTW, I like your master spammer title. I wonder how long until I get there..)
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:13 am

sadly, because of all the noobs who play CHA, no one remembers how the game used to be played, or that ganking is a part of it. If you gank them, they will leave. 75% of chao members will do the same (I make them ragequit a lot) But fact is, if you are getting your ass kicked, why should you stay? If you are winning that potently, why would you want your opponents to stay? It is like continuing a game of chess after you are down to a pawn and a king, and your opponent has two rooks and a queen. Sure you can hobble in circles for half an hour, but you already lost and you aren't gonna gain any skill from it.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
KJC
Smart Player
Smart Player
KJC

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 am

some times it's a competition on who's farming faster for better prepared in duel. In pub, it's hard to actually get a gank. I don't consider 1 player hunting down the entire other team 'gank'. When this happens I stay to help them get better if they don't rage quit. And yes, the old times. I played tons of game on vertis and wrath (more on vertis). But, I am sure as hell I played even more on the 1.6 versions, getting 5 nova kills before duel always ensure every one goes crazy for duel. All the mountain king and farseer duke it out... ah, my childhood memories..
Back to top Go down
wwecom
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm

This was a long time coming. Not once i was in iBristleBack position. And this command should be remade or removed.
And talking about ganks usually i see 50% of players gank. Usually it goes on time where 1 is a big time pro and his teammates are noobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kick Command (and more)   The Kick Command (and more) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kick Command (and more)
Page 1 of 1