Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGetting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 I_voting_barGetting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 I_vote_lcapGetting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 I_voting_barGetting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Getting 4.0 Public!

Go down 
+10
KOnYiu
KJC
epicpowda11
Unitil
verti89
keane11
Legend_of_Moose
SmokeyMcDope
i_4got_my_user
Glorn2
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:15 pm

As per Bloodbath - I was under the impression that this was spell damage and would be reduced, and I wasn't asking for massive buffing to be completely on par with the mana skills, just a slight tweak so it could be held on its own for manaless builds with Illidian and Hunter. But if this isn't even meant for farming I guess this argument is invalid.

The general play style that has developed whether its pubs or clan matches has been a nuke farm spell. I agree with you somewhat on the older edits premise, but at the same time the older edits did not expect the level of progress the new ones do item wise. In the older edits like 5.4b Pantheon Armour, Sceptre of the Primarch and Iron Gauntlets won the game 95% o the time, thats roughy what 50k in gold? 50k is barely one decent end game item now. So that leaves us with either gank games, which if you start pulling in pubs every leaves right quick (call me crazy but I enjoy playing full games personally) or extremely long 2 hour farm games. Adding 2-3 extra creeps to those spawns will help shorten the 1.5 hours till rag because I'm sorry 3 or 4 creeps at those spawns is a joke. Especially when you do play with extreme and 2 people get 7 spawns on a regular basis and you forced to run between killing 3 at a time. It will create huge balance issues in pub games down the road. As for helping the noobs part, whatever happened to doing some teaching in pubs instead of intentionally putting in protective functions into the map? From personal eperience I've watched people in back to back games do the level 5 before first duel to level 8-9 next game simply from giving them a basic item order to start with and explaining how to properly use BoF, Acid Rain, Flame Strike or Frost Fall. With all the massively expensive new item we need a system that fosters progression so that it cuts down on game time if you like killing the bosses and building your sets instead of just mid field ganking everyone till they leave in the first 15 minutes.

Apparently I was wrong about the intro movie, just from playing ZTD Solo and other maps that featured them and seeing lots of people drop during them I just assumed it was a cause, I can deal with it I'm just personally not very fond of it I guess.

Thanks for the spell resistance potions! As to Verti, Armour does nothing to help you with getting banish nuked, and yes we generally have more hp but the vast majority are melee, like say with wraths build last night, Banish+Nova+Spell Aura, me and John would either be dead off the original cast or have less then 20% before we reached him. Supersonic ring does has a castable immunity, but this only lasts for a few seconds which after it runs out puts you at the complete mercy of one shots again. Gloves of Death+ does have spell resistance but as far as I know it doesn't lead up to much later except being sold. I'm not disagreeing with early game ganking at all but when you don't even have a chance to defend yourself, really whats the point of even playing, it becomes just as 1-dimensional when your opponent can ww, sneak up 1-2 shot you, fall back and everytime you come to a spawn repeat.

As for the innates, stoked your are adding some new ones and letting them progress now.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Well I played a couple of solo games this afternoon and am starting to see that a lot of my bitching might be due to difficulty re-adjusting from 3.1 to 4.0 and trying to relearn while play glorn and undead haha. Bloodbath is pretty nuts when you combine it with a farm spell I have to admit...
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:47 pm

holy FK! u have 21 fingers/toes? 6 fingered- toed FREAK! no... not really. just. COOOOOL!
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:37 pm

hahaha what did you smoke for breakfast KJC?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Lol 4got, glad to see someone got that joke.

epic;

I am strongly for keeping the spawns how they are, and having people use faster creep spawns. It just sets the cap on the creep spawn, they still spawn at the same rate. Meaning, every 16 seconds (on fast creep mode) a creep will spawn. 24 on normal, and 8 on extreme.

When you are good at the game, it is easy to argue that other players should just be better at the game. However, the smaller spawns are also closer to the base, and almost impossible to get ganked at. It is a safty zone. If they were as good as the center spawns, then everyone would fight NOT to use the mid spawns. Everyone would stay a full map away from each other, and all field PVP would be gone. I want field pvp. I also want noobs to not have 50 deaths because 7 creeps at once will 1 shot them before they get 2 attacks off.

As a better player, I assume you would usually end up with the 7 creep spawn. Once that spawn is empty though, it spawns creeps just as fast as the 3 creep spawn.

Right now, the top 2 spawns spawn lower level creeps, and they are more spaced out. this is a handicap for weaker players. less creeps hit them, and the creeps are weaker. No one is complaining about it ><

***edit*** left something out:

The reasons a lot of other "intro movies" cause players to lag out is because they dont use enough "waits" in their preloading. I actually preload a lot on map init, and during the movie I set variables, and create things, and add players to groups, and all that other stuff that will be used later in the game. Yet to have anyone lag out on map start, though wrath usually lags for a couple seconds. Either way, preloading gets rid of all the various lag spikes that happen during a game, so it is welllllll worth it!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah my computer always has start up lag partially because of my bot and my connection being a bit spread out.The rest of it would probably be that my PC only has 256mb of ram and a 2.7GHz processor.So I guess I represent the players with the older computers. but as soon as my lag has settled from start up I run the map pretty smooth.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Just some 4.0 updates:

-tintX X X now works, where X is a number 0-9. This will change the color of all your units. It is Red, Green, Blue the higher the number, the more of that color.
-tint0 0 0 is black.
-tint9 9 9 is normal.
-tint9 9 0 is Gold.
-tint9 0 9 is Magenta.
-tint5 5 5 is a dimmer color.
-tint9 0 0 is Red.
-tint0 9 0 is Green.
-tint0 0 9 is Blue.
-tint0 2 7 is icy blue.
-tint7 2 2 is orangish.
Mess with it, and learn!

The kick command is now a number system (to lower my trigger count). AKA, -kick 1 -kick 2 ect. I may turn this into a votekick system, most likely. Then everyone supporting it will rage about how hard it is to get people to vote, and i will change it back.

The formula for player EXP has been lowered.

Full team duels is an option being added. that is, you can play 3v5, and have 3v5 duels.

Glad Mode is now working. err, in the map; gotta test it.

Shields will be added this week, for us to play around with!

I have found maybe 30 "problems" in the past couple weeks; so testing has been going well. I will update the tester list on the forum soon, but I hope people start testing a lot when I'm not on. Once we stop finding bugs, I can release a public edit of the map! Try out short game mode, to test more end game stuff!
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

You will have the shields in the next 2 days Smile
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 pm

wrath, u do the models?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:38 pm

He doesnt need to, I would need to find, import, and attach them all anyway. He couldnt do anything with models that I wouldnt need to redo.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Nah I just help glorn with a few items and finding bugs nothing major.If anything I am just helping it get released faster.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 am

^^Yeah, he saved me a good few hours of object editor-ing. While he worked on them, I completed everything listed in my above post; so it was much appreciated.

I got all the shield in now, BTW. Took about 2 hours to get it all set up. I have had a few problems with the elemental abilities, but They will be fixed by tomorrow; I know how to fix each one.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:43 pm

That's great I will have to run a test with you sometime in the next week.
Back to top Go down
wwecom
Nooblet
Nooblet

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 3:07 am

1 question:

Glad mode will be the same as in the old version? Or changed a bit???
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 am

right now, it is the same thing.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 pm

By the way, frostfall is bugged and doesn't do any damage every 2-3 casts.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 8:47 pm

there was also a bug where both teams got killed at the same time. this happened quite a bit. also, after respawning from that in the base i got killed right away again
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:31 am

Both of those problems have been fixed prior to you posting them :p

me and fats found them both last night, sadly. But thanks for reporting them!

there are also about 8 other bugs with the edit you guys have that I found. Anyone to find all 8 gets a cookie!

I will have a better edit for you all to DL tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:42 pm

is another one the bug that i told you a long time ago? the one where when u go to the teleporter to yiff you appear on the wall? this happened to epic again that same game
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:42 pm

^^ alright, i will move the region around some more.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Innates are now a pickable skill.. thats right... you can pick your innate...

a really silly statistic...

there were ~400 million possible builds...
with 12 pickable innate...
There are now 4,700,000,000 (rounding down)

80X27X27X28X24X12
Back to top Go down
i_4got_my_user
Master Spammer
Master Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 5:38 pm

:O there are 12 innates? did u add any? abolish magic - hardened skin - crit - bash - magic resistance - evasion - combat aura - ummmm....
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Hey Im just wondering are there any in game command changes any adds or taken outs? Obviously -rows, -debugg are useless garbage but are you adding anything? I know your doing tints and rank anything else? On rank can a player see what their average kill score death score is etc or just their level?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 12:54 am

there are a few "commands" just for the beta.
-hack gives all players 200,000G and unlocks the rag quest. you can assume why it was added.
uhhh... -Leaks will display the current leaks destroyed I will also disable this for the public edit...

the -stats which is part of the save/load will display you player experience, saved kills, and saved deaths.
-save displays your code
-load XXXXXXXXXX to load it
-kick XX (number 1-12)
-switch swaps player from team of more players to team of less players.

There really isnt anything "secret" you can enter; if that is what you were hoping for.
Back to top Go down
SlvrSrfr
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be
SlvrSrfr

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Why would you have a level 1 and level 2 of an innate, who in their right mind would pick the weaker one (or am i missing something)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting 4.0 Public!   Getting 4.0 Public! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting 4.0 Public!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next