Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
CHA Etiquette EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
CHA Etiquette EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
CHA Etiquette EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
CHA Etiquette EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
CHA Etiquette EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
CHA Etiquette EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
CHA Etiquette EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
CHA Etiquette EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
CHA Etiquette I_vote_lcapCHA Etiquette I_voting_barCHA Etiquette I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

CHA Etiquette

Go down 
+3
John
Legend_of_Moose
Pissonmyhands
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 am

Old question
Long debate

Is there any etiquette or honor code while playing? With Pubbies or w/o? Why? or should people just play to win regardless?
Another aspect of this is your own teammates, do you help them by telling them what to do or just let them figure it out on their own? a mixture... hints?

I think the honor code just gets in the way personally. But i try and exercise constraint when i'm playing someone who asked me how to play or asked to be taught. In a pubby I'm usually experimenting, but when they start qqing w/o trying to find out why i'm beating them it's not worth to try and cater to them. Let'um watch the replay.

For teammates i dont tell them anything unless they ask me and say please. But i say it in all just incase my opponent doesnt know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Moose
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Legend_of_Moose

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 12:58 am

When i think about it... i dont know any honor code that could be used that wont obstruct gameplay... You could say ganking is technically dishonorable (killing them weak and by surprise) but... its a big part of the game!

The biggest ass move ive ever pulled was ganking someone in a 1v1 at lich and then taking the kill.... Not only did i get called a few choice words but he RQ'd... still, he could of made lich target me and then turn the tables, but no, he just tanked the lich and me which lost him the game

It's sort of like dota, there arent many douche moves you can make that cant be countered/are necessary
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 am

OK I hate to refer to economics again but it applies horribly to this people play for self intrest I play to play if i want to win I win if i want to draw it out and then kill someone I would appreciate consideration but it depends of the self interest of others honor code no people play games to satisfy there own interests which is why we are all still playing wc instead of working learning to play guitar studying or playing another game.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 3:45 pm

"Is there any etiquette or honor code while playing? With Pubbies or w/o? Why? or should people just play to win regardless?"

All is fair in love and war. You would be surprised at how much some slight flames demoralizes people, or general chit chat kills your opponent off nicely.

"For teammates i dont tell them anything unless they ask me and say please. But i say it in all just incase my opponent doesnt know. "

Your only as strong as your weakest link, if your partner is struggling give him some advice, unless their a mouthy little puke that doesn't listen.

Ganking in my opinion is part of the game, it is not cheap, if your stupid enough to not keep an eye on your enemy then thats not a fault of ours. A couple ganks completely turns the tables of a game, something Yiff_Fox showed me when he taught me how to play. Plus games take way to fricken long if you stay to 1-3 kills every 5.5-6 minutes.
Back to top Go down
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm

if a pub starts shit talking before the game starts then i go my serious builds but if they say nothing i just test a build that makes sense and make sure its still enough to win i mean i dont wanna loose to some pubs =p... and same here if they ask me then i help them if they are sucking and ask for money and are low level then i dont give them any but if they doing good and ask then i give it to them because i know im not wasting it.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I try to be nice to people. Mostly because it is in my better interest for people to enjoy the game. Rarely do I find shit talkers, but when I do, I make sure to slaughter them until they leave; while letting the rest of their team play. If a host presses the `increase kill count` more than once, I also destroy the other team, but in a nicer way. I mean, who wants to play a 3 hour game?

The only thing that I consider wrong, other than excesive flaming; is to take someone elses item. Say someone drops their set armor to grab an essence quick; and you are trying to intercept said essence. Unless they drop an item, and leave it on the ground while going to a different area; I consider that item theirs. Destroying it is bad also. If you take an essence, or archon item that drops, or a boss kill item; thats fine. The player didnt pay for it with their hard earned gold. They should be smarter about what they are willing to give up in their inventory to have that good item; and faster.

What pisses me off; but I dont consider 'bad' is an ally cutting on on my creep spawn. it ALWAYS happens to me. Ever game I play, I end up at the middle spawn. If it is an arthas or other really slow hero; I can understand. I get timmys taking my close spawn though. Even more annoying; they will follow me around and keep taking my damn creeps!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Hmmm....

Is follow the leader bad cha etiquetter?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CHA Etiquette Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHA Etiquette   CHA Etiquette Empty

Back to top Go down

CHA Etiquette
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com