Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Another Essay well done! EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Another Essay well done! EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Another Essay well done! EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Another Essay well done! EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Another Essay well done! EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Another Essay well done! EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Another Essay well done! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Another Essay well done! I_vote_lcapAnother Essay well done! I_voting_barAnother Essay well done! I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Another Essay well done! I_vote_lcapAnother Essay well done! I_voting_barAnother Essay well done! I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Another Essay well done!

Go down 
+2
sami_gurl
Glorn2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Another Essay well done! Empty
PostSubject: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 1:45 pm

I checked out my online writing class today, only to find that I was supposed to read a 350 page book, and write an essay about it. Luckily for me, this essay is supposed to be written as a self reflective essay, written in prose.

After about 10 minutes of reading, I wrote my essay. I'm not posting the whole thing, because, well... No one should spend more than a minute reading anything... ever...

Rather than writing about what the book was about, I wrote about what I was doing while reading the book, and what I was thinking. Here is a chunk of my essay...

"The first chapter is what really set me up to dis-like this book, and I considered changing books to read. I am not a homophobe or anything, but I just really did not like the attitude of the author. It is hard to explain, but just the vibe put off gave me the image of a rich, half French, fashion designer from California who wants everyone to know how strict they are. Really, this book pissed me off, and sadly, that is the main reason I actually read it! It amazed me that someone can write a bunch of short statements, based on the amount of information you get in a news article, maybe from a movie or book, and be published as some amazing writer! If I staple my highschool and college writing portfolios together and call it a book; will it get published? I actually write a lot like this guy; full of cynicism and omnipotence, and that could be part of the reason I dont like him. I even tell my friends at college that I am reading a book by a queer Frenchie who has no more talent than a food critic.
I mean, really it is just like reading a stack of newspaper articles that happened before I was born. Again, because we have similar writing styles, I couldn't really learn to improve mine from reading his. What I did take from it though, is that without humor spun into it, my writing would be quite borish and make me appear to be a queer frenchie, like the author. After reading exactly what a queer frenchie sounds like, I am glad I am not one. If I ever do start writing like a queer frenchie though, I hope to make as much money as him!"

A+ work, or what?!

Last edited by Glorn2 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 pm

here*
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Hur'*

right hur', right hur'
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:57 am

what exactly are u majoring in again ?_?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 3:27 am

i forget sometimes.
Back to top Go down
DeltaMage
Unranked
Unranked
DeltaMage

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 5:27 am

nice nice =O you could become a critic o.o. I mean make a youtube video and rant I'll watch it xD you have a very idealistic prospective or was it optimistic? I forget sometimes what these words mean =3 but yes A+ work fo sho afro
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 11:42 am

Lol nice. You never know Ive had teachers give me Fs for dare making fun of their beloved writers.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Yeah, that is what I am concerned with. this is a creative writing class, but online. Usually creative writing teachers are a little 'out there'. however, I havent gotten any grade back on the 4 papers I've written. And, well... all of my papers have been 'abstract'
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Ouch; this teach DOES defend the queer frenchy writer... Says that the book I had to read, was written AFTER he became rich and famous; and that he wasn't always the way he seemed (like a rich person who thinks that their opinion matters). But had I done a background check.. yadda yadda yadda... He asked me what I thought of the book, and I told him. He gave me a 65% because I didn't like it!

stupid...gay...teacher!
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

who would have thought you had to actually do the assignment to get a good grade?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:39 pm

lmao, I DID do the assignment though! It was asking my opinion, feelings, thoughts, ect on the book. I wrote a very persuasive essay on the fact that I felt no one cares about the political views of a queer frenchie who has no history in politics. The whole essay was supposed to be on my experience and feelings while reading the book. The teacher sent me a statement with the paper, telling me in the long hand, that I was wrong about my opinion. He said that if I read an into the teacher had written, about how he used to be poor, and in jail, and wrote poetry to become rich, that I would feel different. However, I was being asked questions about the book I was reading; not about the authors past. Thats like saying Final Destination 3 and 4 couldnt have sucked, because 1 and 2 were good...
Back to top Go down
sami_gurl
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
sami_gurl

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

while reading the book. which you said you ddnt do..
your thoughts were supposed to be on the book not the "frenchie queer that wrote it"
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:45 pm

well, I read some of the book like, 8 random pages. And I wrote about a little of it. Though none of the questions were about the content of the book; simply my feelings towards the book. It wasn't a book report or anything like that.

My friend in the class did the same thing, in terms of reading and writing; except he chose a different book; and wrote about how and why he liked it, rather than how and why he hated it. He got a 90. It is unjust I say!
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 pm

It doest matter you pretty much have to write and impress the teacher. Sounds like the fucken type of asshole that would of given you a C for plagerism so long as you kiss the writers ass he gave you the assignment about. Sorry glorn your going to have to impress a teacher who is conflictedly gay probabally goes to church for s.s.a.d and has a crush on frenchie poets. Look at it this way he will spend tons of money on a disease that doesnt exist.
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:10 am

replacing a "queer frenchy" with "cheese dipping surrender monkey" might have gotten you a little further..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Essay well done!   Another Essay well done! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Essay well done!
Page 1 of 1