Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Accepted Strategies EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Accepted Strategies EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Accepted Strategies EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Accepted Strategies EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Accepted Strategies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Accepted Strategies EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Accepted Strategies EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Accepted Strategies EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Accepted Strategies EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Accepted Strategies I_vote_lcapAccepted Strategies I_voting_barAccepted Strategies I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Accepted Strategies I_vote_lcapAccepted Strategies I_voting_barAccepted Strategies I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Accepted Strategies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GeminiDreams
Unranked
Unranked

Accepted Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 pm

So I'm by no means good at this game, I only play it off and on. But after I lost rather repeatedly to people who knew what they were doing and what to build, I got to thinking that I shouldn't try to beat them at their own game, aka farming. So I thought of how I could possibly gank/screw-with them.

The first game I played after that I went:
Soul Burn, Wind Walk, Impale, Silent Night

And I went around ganking them for most of the game. Unfournately I could only keep one of the opposing heroes down with my ganks and my team mates didn't do such a good job at farming to combat the opposing farmed hero. Though I was pleased that I was able to steal two Archon kills from the farmed player. Unfournately I didn't catch the third and I lost my shot of getting to Rag. and last hitting him.

So I lost that game.

Then I just played a game recently where I went with the same build and it was the mode where you start at level 8. So I bought my junk and went out. I saw an opposing hero with <900 hp, WW'd attacked, Soul Burned and Silent Night'd for the kill. Then that player left. Then the host kicked someone from our team for screwing with him or something.

Then I continued to gank another of the opposing heroes and soon after they left. After that all that was left on the opposing team was a hero whom had too much Hp to gank. So instead I just WW'd and danced around him stealing creep kills when I could. He'd try and fight back but I was rather fast so I just ran around him and he couldn't do much. Soon enough he started threatening me that he'd leave if I didn't stop. I kept going, since I don't see why I shouldn't. Then he left. And that made the entire other team rq from tactics that seem to be unfair or something?

Firstly, how often is ganking/creep-stealing/flag-capturing implemented in normal games and why does it have this stigma?
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Alright there are a lot of posts on this already I do suggest that you keep reading.But if your planning on ganking I suggest running flags as well it gives you some income while killing the other team.I also suggest getting some sort of farming skill.Here is a common ganking build

Siren with , Flame strike , Bone wall , mana restore , roots give that a try otherwise I highly suggest you read some of the builds board and discussions about ganking etc.Then your bound to improve.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

The stigma is people hate losing. Another stigma is you will have those who want to play long game for instance adding 20 kills to a game. Let face it why gank when you can tank spank. If your not a big fat tank your a wank! Whats there to say? For the most part to gank properly you should get items or skills that increase your speed, make you invisible, and pick a more powerful farming skill impale doesnt really farm that well. I would probably replace roots or impale in that build of yours for a skill that can pick up some levels. A slow leveling gank build means fail.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:34 pm

My personal gank build is a early-mid build; as all gank builds should be. I use shockwave to farm; it is a decent farmer, not as good as the big nukes, but low mana cost; and good for pvp. unless all my opponents are ranged, I get Bone Wall. Sometimes, i still get it if they are ranged. Why? it makes you not move. I also get restore mana. why? So i can go straight from creeping to ganking, and never worry about mana. And roots is my ult? Why? They get smart and wanna 2v1 me. I can root 1, kill the other, and bone wall the first before he can run.

However, people dont like to lose. They also do not understand the concept of not being ganked. In a "pro" game, when you get ganked, you get mad; but you dont get pissed. More than half of getting ganked is your own fault. Get anti ganking skills, items, and strats. The minimap is there for a reason. to properly gank; never over-gank. If you do, they will all leave; OR, they will learn that 4v1 kills you. And teaching noobs about teamwork, though difficult, can be painful if they all decide they dont like you. Never just sit outside their base. Play it casual, farming from a distance with a long range farming skill, so you dont take damage. When an opponent drops below 50%, you dash over, kill, and return to midfield as though nothing happened. Too much time on their side, and they will start paying more attention to you.

But again, people hate to lose. They hate to be ganked. This game used to be played in 20-30 minutes. A long game was 50. The duels are still on 6 minute intervals, and it is still 10 kills per player on the team. Just because the game CAN go on longer; doesnt mean it HAS to. In the oldschool edits, ganking was common. Usually 3-4 kills before the first duel was considered "normal".
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
jarjar
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm

ya gemeni.. if your going to gank you need to get atleast 1 farming skill so that you can keep leveling up your ganking skills so that they do more damage.. whats the point of ganking if they are high level with magic resistance and high hp while your spells just do like 500 damage thats not gonna help and its probably gonna be good game.. so might wanna change impale to acid rain.. impale does little damage with little stun and acid rain does good damage good for farming and does mini stuns to stop a channeling spell or somthing
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:35 pm

That your you can try shock wave or flame strike something with a quick cast that can take out their creeps while you kill them.It gives you a bit of extra gold and makes it harder for them to farm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accepted Strategies   Accepted Strategies Empty

Back to top Go down

Accepted Strategies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com