Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Build of Nothing Special EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Build of Nothing Special EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Build of Nothing Special EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Build of Nothing Special EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Build of Nothing Special EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Build of Nothing Special EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Build of Nothing Special EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Build of Nothing Special EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Build of Nothing Special EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Build of Nothing Special I_vote_lcapBuild of Nothing Special I_voting_barBuild of Nothing Special I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Build of Nothing Special I_vote_lcapBuild of Nothing Special I_voting_barBuild of Nothing Special I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Build of Nothing Special

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Build of Nothing Special Empty
PostSubject: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Ive been using the Necromancer. Why?

Up-Side:
Ranged (anti melee skills wont work)
Fast move speed (same reason people use naga and farseer)
Spell reduction Innate (really helps against spell casters)
High starting int, and high int gain. Alright life and agility gain.
Reasonably low BAT for a ranged hero.
You are int, most people assume you are using a mana-heavy build.

Down-Side:
Reasonably weak when it comes to attack/defend, very low base agility; kinda weak early game, lower armor, a little lower than normal stat gain.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Skills:

Shockwave: (insert your favorite farming skill here) I like shockwave because it is very low mana and cooldown. I'm sure everyone will be using their favorite farming skill here; because it isnt too important to the build set-up.
Up-Side: Low mana cost, low cooldown
Down-Side: Cant hit air, hard to hit many targets.

Mana Vortex: Unless your opponent picks illidan, hunter, or the marine; they are using mana. Even if it is just hex and rejuv; this skill will take all of that away (along with my mana).
Up-Side: Generally makes at least 2 of your opponents skills useless; destroys mana heavy builds, makes killing elementals easy.
Down-Side: Bye-Bye mana.

Endurance Aura: you really could change this out for your favorite skill (im sure someone will use acid rain, and an end game offensive) but with endurance I can run from ganks, run to gank, run to heal for duels, and mostly... ATTACK FASTER!
Down-Side: Useless end game, used in place of darkness or something end-gamish.

Reincarnate: Well, "Look ma', no hands!" This skill is good all game! Especially end game, which is what this build is lacking. If you are forced into a long game by a skilled player, you have this as your back-up.
Down-side: Doesn't help at all with farming.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Skill Leveling:

Shockwave: As often as possible, obviously. If you are doing good, you really don't need to level this past level 10.

Mana Vortex: You really do not need this for your first duel unless you know your opponent has mana shield or terraptus. Level it based on what your opponent has; Generally once it is level 6, I finish off my other skills before I continue to level it.

Endurance Aura: When you dont need to level shockwave or vortex, you level this. It is pretty good early; so I try to hold off on vortex as long as possible to keep pumping points into this.

Reincarnate: Obviously this is your ult; you level it whenever you can without fail!

Items:
Learn your own damn item builds based on what your opponent has! Though I will share my usual one.

Fire Orb: You will be better off than your opponent who picked a magus staff.
Set Armor: Early on, you need all stats. This gives good armor and magic reduction. Will keep you set on armor for a long time.
Archmagus Cloak: Mana, armor, attack speed, damage. You want it all.
Thiefs Mask: Lot of DPS, damage reduction, some HP that you REALLY need!
Archmagus Cloak: You need armor again, this is it!
Diving Rod: Lots of HP, more damage, Armor.

***From here, you have ALL your bases covered, and you can go for whatever you feel you need the most.***

Unseen Cloak: Damage, you want damage! Evasion is pretty pro also.
Mastery of the Ring: Attack speed, armor, and wind walk; what more do you need?
***You now have 6 items, time to combine them!***
Shroud of the Thief God: Should max your attack speed, good evasion, good damage reduction, good damage.
***Exceptional orb of any type --> Gauntlets from said orb***
Scepter of the Primarch: You need HP more than you need an orb affect. If you had fire orb; then keep your scepter in base while you farm, and use it for PVP.
Immortals Shield: Yep, make it; you should have won by now; but make it anyway!
Immortals Mask: Why havent you won yet?!

Logic Behind the Build:

You have an int. hero with a very nice Int gain; therefore you dont need all mana items to support this heroes 1 real spell. Also, with such a high int hero; people assume you are using a high int build. They might be stupid enough to go for vortex, mana burn, mana flare, ECT. Or, they may just think their mana shield build is safe; because what int hero would burn their own mana?!

This build has a very solid defense; while maintaining lower HP and damage. Someone looking at your hero's stats will think "Hmm, medium armor, low HP, low damage... what a weakling!" But you will have evasion, damage reduction, and insane attack speed, along with high magic reduction due to your innate.

Auto attacking is really how this hero will level. You will be spamming shockwave, which is low damage; but with your high attack speed on a ranged hero with fire orb; you will be farming like a dark elf without the attack speed and move speed reductions.

Major Weaknesses:

Consume: This is a very powerful early and mid game spell. With skill, you would still be able to get a cast of it off after I vortex. The magic damage goes through reduction, and gives you MY remaining mana.

Slow Ward: I am based around moving and attack fast. If you level up a strong ward, It will really hurt me early and mid game, before I have the ability to 2 shot it.

Guardian Ward: Immune to magic; if you cast this before I vortex, it will attack me, while giving you all of it's buffs. Again, early and mid game.

Overall, early and mid game is your only chance to take out this build if you have anything but a mostly passive build. With my ability to run fast, and my magic reduction; ganking is almost out of the question though.

This is how a build write-up should look!!!

Last edited by Glorn2 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:52 pm

lol i like the faceless with ps better much more insulting.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:22 am

Interesting I like the deception using an Intellect base and using a mana burning ability furthermore you have reincarnation that in itself is also deceptive.The first thing I would do seeing you run an intellect build is pick vortex myself.Aside from the deception I like your farming balance between your farming skill and endurance aura.Overall I think that you have a very smart build.thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Oddly enough, In about half of the games I have played against decent players; they pick vortex against me! Even if they go a mostly passive build with vortex; I have the upperhand. I have never seen someone else go int with vortex; so I still have the powerful int farming skills, while they are trying to rely on mostly passives; or a single spell on a low-int hero. What is good about it though; is that their defensive is wasted, and they will be stupid enough to pump a lot of points into it. then I can work more on endurance, and get an even better level gain. I mean, the ONLY mana my build needs is for shockwave, one of the lowest mana costing farming skills in the game. for PvP, it isnt amazing enough to matter by the time your opponent can burn all your mana.

As you said, this build is very deceptive; with me posting it, people can plan more to counter it. I even posted the best counters against it. against a build with its counters, the game becomes much more skill based, compared to `lol, i got a good build`

While I`m here, I will post another build I`ve been using, that isnt too bad...

Necro, Feedback, Evasion, Acid Rain, avatar.

Pretty straight forward; avatar keeps them from casting spells until feedback has consumed all their mana. Evasion is a very strong late game, acid rain is a good farming skill. Again, the logic is behind the fact that it is a high-int hero, with low mana costs. Most people dont expect any type of mana burn coming from an int hero.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:34 am

I was actually go to write something about them wasting their defensive skill in my last post but I thought it would be a given.Otherwise my best counter for this build is along the lines of Illidan with Death strike Spikes Guardian ward and Crit mastery
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:10 pm

His tent build pretty much rapes this. Like I said I liked the melee version of this he ran back in 5.4 where what was it lightning poison and vortex. On dark faceless void guy. That one was funny becuase it was the ultimate insult.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:11 pm

against melee heroes i used a variation (so pretty much anything w/ an int hero and mana vort is a variation :p) that worked pretty well even against a late game build with the kill count set to 30.

Necromancer

Tent

Mana Vort

Juve

Car

leveled tent juve tent vort tent juve car tent vort ect.

tent was great against melee and it forced them to take extra dmg or take time to kill the tents.
I did not however level mana vortex all the way. I took it to 90% which was even a bit high for what i needed, but not taking it all the way still leaves the opponent seriously drained (especially if its a str or agi) and lets me use both of my moves.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 pm

didnt you try that against me, and get your ass totally handed to you early game, against a build that is weak to that in every way possible? I believe so... I was there.

It isnt bad at all; but against the current builds among top players; I dont think it will get the job done as well as it should.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 2:56 am

??? no it was against epicpowda11 this morning :/ against u i went another variation of ur build and that was
nec
fs
vort
mana restore
car

a bit different and different principles too. the ladder allows me to max vort out. the first wont work if i do. to be honest i think your right since most of the "top builds" are a bunch of ranged heros (or at least as far as i've seen) could work against timmy build though :/ but the "could" is very case sensitive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build of Nothing Special   Build of Nothing Special Empty

Back to top Go down

Build of Nothing Special
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: The Build Board :: Approved Builds-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com