Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Defensive- Slow Ward EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Defensive- Slow Ward I_vote_lcapDefensive- Slow Ward I_voting_barDefensive- Slow Ward I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Defensive- Slow Ward I_vote_lcapDefensive- Slow Ward I_voting_barDefensive- Slow Ward I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Defensive- Slow Ward

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
accursed
Average Player
Average Player
accursed

Defensive- Slow Ward Empty
PostSubject: Defensive- Slow Ward   Defensive- Slow Ward EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Skill Info:
Creates a ward that slows the movement and attack speed of non friendly units within a large radius.
Mana Cost: 70 + 30*level
Slow %: 30 + 15 per 2 levels
Ward HP increases every few levels

Background:
A skill that has been around for a long time, but has been underused despite its great potential. The slow caused by this skill is significant throughout the game (for movement speed more so than attack speed, as you approach late game), and the fact is that, if you play your cards well, a slow enemy is a defeated enemy, nine times out of ten.

General Information:
This skill greatly reduces move speed; even at low levels, an enemy lacking move speed buffs is slowed to a crawl, and their damage output takes a severe dip. The radius is sizable enough to affect many opponents at once and open up a lot of options for placement, and the effect of the ward takes another couple of seconds to expire even after the enemy escapes the radius, or the ward is destroyed. One of the best things about slow ward is that it completely ignores magic immunity, meaning that things like Avatar that serve as hard counters to other debuffs are no counter at all to this skill. The ward is durable enough, at least before mid-late game to make the enemy spend a few attacks on it should they choose to destroy it.

Skill usage:
An incredibly versatile skill, slow ward can be used to great effect in a variety of situations. In general, you can gain significant benefits just with one point in this skill, freeing up points elsewhere, but if you want to ensure that slow ward is a serious problem for your opponents you can level it more often.
Some simple examples of this skill in action:

-Use it to gank: place the ward somewhere just out of reach to hinder both the target's attempts to escape and his teammates' attempts to come to his aid. If they wind walk, remember that your ward is still slowing them, so hang around; they aren't going far before they reappear again.

-Use it to counter ganks/countergank/escape a poorly chosen fight: An opponent coming for you is going to be at pains to get at you when they're moving as though through molasses. If it comes as a surprise to them, the effect may even be enough to turn the tables on them... and few things hurt more than an attempted gank gone so wrong. Finally, supposing you engage an opponent and realize you can't take them on for whatever reason, drop your slow ward behind you and run.

And a final tip: though to some it may be common sense... unless you're on the run and already on the outskirts of the radius of this ward when it is used on you, destroy it. Do not ignore this ward in a duel; unless you're already far, far ahead, it is going to cause you to lose if they're putting any points into it.

Slow ward is one of the most powerful tools available for entering/escaping combat at will, an asset that can have a profound effect on the outcome of a game. There are other neat tricks you can play on your opponents, and on creeps, that are limited only by your own craftiness; don't make the mistake that many have made before, and discount this extremely powerful skill.
Back to top Go down
John
Smart Player
Smart Player

PostSubject: Re: Defensive- Slow Ward   Defensive- Slow Ward EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 pm

More greats wards from accursed im concidering making a gank biuld because even if you sacurfice you self if you hinder them in the begining the rest of the game will snow ball out of their control thanks accursed
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Defensive- Slow Ward   Defensive- Slow Ward EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:42 pm

Ward is okay but its one of those things that rapes the less people there are. Counter all focus the ward maybe 1 guy get lightning. However it does have click evasion and if placed right given the current map it is a bitch to see. Even in some of the older maps that Archway to elements make your ward near invisible. You really want to get a kick out of slow ward try using it in dark mode. The sight is huge and often times your oponent will not be able to locate it.

Though it may be off topic I ran a build with some dota clan mates that made use of Slow Ward and Dust Storm it is my beleif the ward along with the storm made the spell like strategy oh so more potent. Yes I convince a few of them to give cha a try some liked it others hated it but meh thems the brakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defensive- Slow Ward   Defensive- Slow Ward Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive- Slow Ward
Page 1 of 1