Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Polymorph EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Polymorph EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Polymorph EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Polymorph EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Polymorph EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Polymorph EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Polymorph EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Polymorph EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Polymorph EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Polymorph I_vote_lcapPolymorph I_voting_barPolymorph I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Polymorph

Go down 
+2
Glorn2
Dameon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dameon
Nooblet
Nooblet

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:20 am

Yeah I think maybe you need to adjust the cooldown, add in anti magic pots, or nerf this skill.

Today I was playing and every duel this guy would poly me, then once the poly wore off he would stun me, then when the stun wore off he would freaking poly me again, this is how every duel went till I just said F-It and left.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 10:34 am

Get avatar, get mana burn, gt supersonic ring, get stone staff, get wind walk. Get eternal armor (to heal back lost HP) Get an ice staff (to stop him)

His entire build is based around crowd control. Because of this, He had a very weak early game. you could have just beaten him then.

there are many ways to counter a build like this. Your suggestion is just you being angry that you got your ass kicked, and couldn't think of a way to counter it. Also, your suggestion makes all forms of crowd control useless. If Everyone wanted to stand in 1 place and auto attack all game; they would pick a build to do that.

Also, just for the record... Compared to other crowd controls... Poly has THE WORST cooldown to duration time ratio!
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Dameon
Nooblet
Nooblet

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 pm

I was rapeing him and his team for the first 3 duels, but my team mates at the time were big noobs, on the 4 - 7 duels it was pretty much 3 vs 1 cause my team mates were killed in 1 hit after the 3rd duel. So after the 3rd duel there was no chance. After the 7th both my team mates left.

As for the sugestions, I made 3, and I realy don't think anti magic pots would be all that bad of an idea, I also do not stand still, I move around quit a bit, I even tryed using wind walk against him, he was to fast when it came to casting, he had me in less then 2 secs of it ending.

Then time it takes to revive let him pass me up as far as items go.

I also had a real good start on the items, in the first duel I went in with a fire orb and a jagged sword. With out the quick start option.

As for the avatar I will be getting that over the reincarnation, not cause I prefer it but cause I need some form of anti magic.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Well, by the sounds of it; you were the better player and just got stuck with nooby teamates. Assuming your teamates were of average skill; then this wouldnt have even been a problem for you.

Personally, to counter soul burn; fear, hex, darkness, roots, and other castable non stunning CC's, I get rejuv. Why? If they try to purge my rejuv, they purge their debuff. avatar works better, but rejuv is nice.

Anti magic pots would be over used; and would weaken the already weak int builds. Int build generally dont last till late game. If a potion can counter them early game, then they got nothing going for them at all.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 2:32 pm

Anti spell potions wouldnt be bad they just wouldnt do you too much good either. They would do practically the exact same thing they do to Avatar users. (Run around until it wears off and cc you to death until you pew pew you until you finally alt q-q.)

And since potions are consimables its cant be much better then supersonic ring or hs orb. So 500 gold for 5 seconds and 1000 for 10 seconds. (LOL I so miss the scroll of speed off topic but that item was so fucken bad ass) Still wont do you too much good because you cant dispell storm bolt or hex and as soon as it wears off your stunned.

While your at it I wouldnt be oposed to the dust consumable but nobdy but me would bother to use it. Dust reveals an area for X amount of seconds reveals hidden units.

Looking at the two spells theres still a window of opertunity in between did they use the frost staff to make up the difference? Very expensive spell wise spending a constant 2 k worth of mana to continually stun you.

Were his teammates still in the game? Did it ever occur to you to buy your allies some items specifically some minor armor and exceptional orbs of lightning so they can burn the crap out of his mana?

Sorry dude messing with you a little....
Back to top Go down
Dameon
Nooblet
Nooblet

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah he had the ice staff to, lol I was so screwed in that game, I also did buy 1 of my team mates and item, the other team mate would not drop an item so I couldn't give one to him, but the team mate I gave the item to sold the item lol, not sure what he used the gold for however. I gave him a cloak of the unseen cause he was int based.

But yeah glorn is right, the pots would screw over the int hero's.

So glorn you ever think about making the abilitys have stat based damage instead of preset? bounce
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 3:17 pm

yup. If you were to somewhere find my post on the next edit (4.0) I am adding a new class of skill... That is, hero based skills. Damage based on stats, move speeds, attack speeds, ranged, melee, ECT. Not only damage, but durations, armor reductions, the whole 9 yards. That will also up the number of skills to 5, and the hero level to 52. I may make it a 10 level skill though, to be leveled every 4 levels, for an even 50.

either way... with 28 of them, plus a pickable passive, and new heroes, we will be looking at over 8,500,000,000 possible builds.
Back to top Go down
Bob
Nooblet
Nooblet

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:48 pm

Glorn2 wrote:
yup. If you were to somewhere find my post on the next edit (4.0) I am adding a new class of skill... That is, hero based skills. Damage based on stats, move speeds, attack speeds, ranged, melee, ECT. Not only damage, but durations, armor reductions, the whole 9 yards. That will also up the number of skills to 5, and the hero level to 52. I may make it a 10 level skill though, to be leveled every 4 levels, for an even 50.

either way... with 28 of them, plus a pickable passive, and new heroes, we will be looking at over 8,500,000,000 possible builds.

Is the map going to be pretty?
The game would last longer in matches.
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: 4.0   Polymorph EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:25 am

Can you make 4.0 any more epic?your talking about adding skills that are going revolutionize the game entirely. 8,500,000,000 possible builds is insane but it's a gamers dream.This is off the polymorph topic but are you going to keep the level cap the same in 4.0 or is it still going to be forty?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:41 am

I am thinking of capping it at 50!

I am gonna make 2 more levels of ults, ranging them better, allowing more skills to be viable. The remaining 8 skills will be for the new skill type. every 3 levels or so.

50 is a nice solid number I guess, right?
Back to top Go down
Wrathtoruin
OVER 900!!!
OVER 900!!!

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: level cap   Polymorph EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 4:21 pm

I think 50 is a solid number of course I don't know what your adding exactly.Regardless the level cap is going to correlate to creeps and bosses and it will really come down to how much work you want to do.Games like angel arena have a nearly unlimited level cap.But in my opinion are terribly unbalanced so I would keep it 50 maybe 60 it all depends how well you can manage it.After all its your map.
Back to top Go down
Malignant.Puppy
Nooblet
Nooblet
Malignant.Puppy

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:36 am

Wrathtoruin wrote:
Can you make 4.0 any more epic?your talking about adding skills that are going revolutionize the game entirely. 8,500,000,000 possible builds is insane but it's a gamers dream.This is off the polymorph topic but are you going to keep the level cap the same in 4.0 or is it still going to be forty?

how many of these builds are actually good.

y i wrote this i dont know
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 1:47 am

though 8,500,000,000 is a huge number... break it down quick...

there are 3 classes, AGI, STR, INT. Of those 3, there are ranged and melee. On top of that, there are passive heroes and spell casters, and combos. So, really, that breaks heroes into 3X2X3 groups... thats 18 "classes" really... Divide that 8,500,000,000 by 18 for a total of 472,222,222 "unique builds" A much smaller number; though still grand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Polymorph Empty
PostSubject: Re: Polymorph   Polymorph Empty

Back to top Go down

Polymorph
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Map Related Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Computers and Internet | Internet | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com