Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Pseudo-Random Distribution I_vote_lcapPseudo-Random Distribution I_voting_barPseudo-Random Distribution I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Pseudo-Random Distribution I_vote_lcapPseudo-Random Distribution I_voting_barPseudo-Random Distribution I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Pseudo-Random Distribution

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Pseudo-Random Distribution Empty
PostSubject: Pseudo-Random Distribution   Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:02 am

Found out something I kind of always knew but was never like 100% sure how to explain it any ways this guy explained it well.

The Basis of this topic is there are Pseudo Random Skills (Such as Death Strike, Combat, Crit, Pulverize Bash, Etc) and Real Random Skills Like Evasion for example. Stop to think for a second if you dont beleive this if Death Strike was really random would you really see a single crit? Likely you would never see a single crit then all of a sudden nail 2-3 in a row out of no where, mean while a skill like evasion either you hitting them every hit or you have a long string of misses.

Read the links topic down below it will answer your questions.

http://mobagamers.com/dota.html Scroll Down to the subject Pseudo-Random Distribution
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Pseudo-Random Distribution   Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:35 am

Indeed, nice find!

A lot a people use triggered crits and bashes. And I learned how to trigger crits and bashes! I made a pretty kick ass triggered "Taunt" that makes it annoying as hell, and a valuable skill. It will be in 3.1.

Back on topic, yeah, i have heard this psudo-random before; but considering it is still the same % chance that the player is critting, I see no problem with it. you would have to be damn good to wait until you go like 50 attacks with no DS, then sit in base till duel, so you have a better chance of proccing for the duel.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Pseudo-Random Distribution   Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 am

I found it interesting at the most I think its like 20 hits without a crit.

Lets see if I can shorten what he was proving in his graphs and what not actual in game testing and of course the assumption that the Crit % stays constant. (Note there is a 10% margin of error)

Example Skill: Death Strike 5% chance to crit.

How Pseudo Random Distribution works is your First Hit is a 5% chance to hit crit. Now if you dont nail a crit on your first hit the very next attack is a 10% chance to hit a crit and so on and so forth. Now when or if you finally crit it resets back down to whatever your % chance was. In the case of Death Strike (5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85,90,95,100) so at most you can only go 20 attacks without ever hitting a crit (this is assuming you didnt miss your crit on their evasion) This is hard coded in the warcraft engine.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Pseudo-Random Distribution   Pseudo-Random Distribution EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:39 pm

with triggered crits and bashes it is completely random though. I'm not sure what games use them; but they allow for ranged heroes to bash avatar and such. With no map example that uses this system, you all have nothing to compare... But, If you are really interested in a bash or crit trigger I can find you one.

For the percents on a trigger it is along the lines of:
Pick an interger between 1 and 10
if picked interger is 1 then bash, or else do nothing

^^that would be a 10% bash. so anyone out there interested in making a map, and thinks pseudo-science is wrong... you have alternatives. Remember, WE COULD HAVE JETPACKS!

A real trigger is much longer of course; but that is how the bash would work. You'd have to take all other factors into account also.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pseudo-Random Distribution   Pseudo-Random Distribution Empty

Back to top Go down

Pseudo-Random Distribution
Page 1 of 1