Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
I'm Back Bitches EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
I'm Back Bitches EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
I'm Back Bitches EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
I'm Back Bitches EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
I'm Back Bitches EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
I'm Back Bitches EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
I'm Back Bitches EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
I'm Back Bitches I_vote_lcapI'm Back Bitches I_voting_barI'm Back Bitches I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
I'm Back Bitches I_vote_lcapI'm Back Bitches I_voting_barI'm Back Bitches I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

I'm Back Bitches

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shimanaki
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 3:51 am

WHAT UP PEOPLE I'M HERE STILL... Partially alive.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 am

Back to top Go down
Shimanaki
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:02 am

You suck! Razz
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:03 pm

I know but Smile but yeah warcraft is basically a ghost town now or days. Unless you're playing mazes, legion, or dota expect tumble weeds and crickets for company in most lobbies.
Back to top Go down
Shimanaki
Wanna-Be
Wanna-Be

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Fortress Survival still has it's small community around it.
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 5:46 pm

hum, well how many games do you get a day on average random?
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptySat Jul 23, 2016 10:29 pm

Honestly I don't actively play as much as I used to maybe 1-2 games a week.  However if I truly wanted to spend a whole day playing wc3 only 3v3 games I could probably get about 7-10 games in one day.  Average lobby wait would be about 15-20 mins per game.  Peak gaming times would be between 10 am -8 pm anytime before or past that would be completely dead lobbies.  

lol! Of course this is just me pulling estimations out of my ass and could be completely wrong. lol!

Maybe there might be some hope on the SC2 front as I just saw this video posted Is the game coming close to being completed? I remember a video someone made claiming you couldn't get to the bosses.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 9:13 am

Yeah, I have been hard at work at SC2. I have a list of goal I want to accomplish before I start touting "Everyone play this game!". In testing, it has come a long way, in terms of playability; smoothness, ect. It takes me ~10 minutes to fill a lobby, any given day.

In all, when I start advertising it, Elemental bosses and the "final elemental" will be the only bosses in game (a total of 6) with 5 tiers of items, 12 skills per house, and 24 heroes. Of that list, I am only missing 1 boss, and 12 skills(Skills are designed, just not created) and a handful of unique weapon effects. I also plan to have a basic save/load bank to remember game stats, premade heroes, and allow the saving of builds.

Overall, about 250 hours worth of work. Maybe 2-3 months; including bugs I find along the way.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 5:08 pm

Herro,

I tried the map a few days ago and it seems fun. How many other people from the old roster have? The maps seems too big when farming. I am trying to remember how it was on WC3 but can't but it still seems to big. Also, teleports aren't working. You might as well start a hotel Glorn, there is no difference concerning complaints. But, you might make some money.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Aug 26, 2016 7:15 pm

hahahaha. The teleporters unlock at level 14. the game pauses, there is an animation, the screen shakes, a dialog "voice" pops up.

In an attempt to streamline gameplay (because modern gamers couldnt find their way out of a wet paper bag) I "paced" the game, so you never have to do more than 1 thing at a time. ive spent the past.. idk... 400 editor hours just making the game easier to play for the first time. Rather than adding a shit-ton of fun content.

Gameplay wise, hows it stack up? Think it could be a spiritual successor?
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 5:47 pm

In terms of a spiritual successor I would say any effort in that regard requires a spiritual outlook concerning ones work, so yes. It may be a waste of time, but are you having some fun? It felt similar, but I would love more customization items, skills, etc. I really do wonder why CHA didn't take as well as DOTA because we all thought CHA > DOTA. Heroes of the storm is sort of a blend really and I find it quite fun. An interesting question would be if any of the developers of HOTS played CHA. In HOTS the only chat allowed is with allies which I find interesting. In CHA I would say the only person that never flamed was Random, but Ive seen him flame. And I'm guilty of that perhaps more than anyone and that in reality may have affected gameplay. Not that I'm one to stroke my own ego ... Anyway considering my absolute lack of programming knowledge I'd say getting "modern gamers" (what does that mean??) interested is crucial? You are becoming an elder statesmen of ca. 2000 era games. As Blizzard seems to be trying to consolidate all its platforms into one larger social thing maybe outreach can occur that way.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 6:03 pm

It has been a lot of fun making. I've had maybe... 6? People come to me with the whole "I've been playing video games for 15 years, and your game has a lot of potential, do everything I say, and it will be the next dota". To which I listen, flame, but understand. I agree that many more skills are needed. More bosses and items as well. I do plan to keep items mostly bland, but up to 5 mods each. A handful of unique mods on armor, most weapons will be unique modded.

When cha is finished, and if it doest do well, I'm gonna make a line war, survival. And RPG. Just fun shit to mess with once I have my 4 years of work created. Give the people what they want n all.

I'm thinking 2 weeks, and I should be ready for a release. Ben adding a lot of skills, trying to give all class types more playability. Not sure how long I've been saying 2 weeks for. Always shit to do.
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Thats the grind, always shit to do. Sanity, whats that. I hope this does well so you won't do those "other things". Before I ask I get a sense your opinion on HOTS ... brightwings fun. "entrails ... tasty"
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 7:52 pm

I haven't played hots... Or dota... Or lol... A lot of people suggest I make ui like theirs, because people will understand it. I try to make everything my own though. Based on nothing, not trying to copy anyone.

You play hots now miki?
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 9:10 pm

"if it doest do well, I'm gonna make a line war, survival. And RPG". When there is a void one fills it with something, the larger the void the larger the happiness? I challenge you to make SC cha the CHA it was, how about that? I do play HOTS, and I feel less of a void, and my body tells me I don't like that? It'll do.
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 1:53 pm

Hum, that was a little aggressive. Making things ones own is how it really works. Whether people will listen or not is another thing. HOTS is fun, and a guaranteed way I can waste 5 hours of my life a day (codicil - not everyday though, haha, that would be uh sad). Anyways, Ill try it again in a few weeks. I tried hosting a few games but to no luck, don't understand the whole ports thing. Like telling a non-pianst there are more "songs" than für elise.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 4:47 pm

In sc2, anyone can host. Games are all hosted through battle.net; and there is a list, the "join game" list. The longer a lobby has been open, the further up the list a game gets (making it more visible). It rarely takes more than 15 minutes to fill any game because of this; and the most popular games (dota, legion TD) rarely show up on the list, because of how frequently they are played. When creating a game, click "join game" rather than "create" and it will be created publicly; or after creating, there are button in the top right, saying "open to public" "invite player" ect. if the "open to public can be clicked, then the game is private hosted.

"ehh" mapmaking fills the void that playing video games would fill. A low-cost brain-engaging activity. Eventually I leave the editor, and play a new game for a while, then come back and work, and not play games. ^_^ I also garden, want some tomatoes?!
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 5:17 pm

I understand Glorn, you make games for humanity yet assholes seem to play it.
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 5:26 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm also not your friend apparently, whats your info?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 8:37 pm

Glorn #889
seandarlin14@hotmail.com For a realID (you can stalk me from any platform or game)

You should know by now, that I enjoy assholes. CHA brings out the asshole in everyone; it is a cornerstone of my design.
Back to top Go down
burntbread
Average Player
Average Player
burntbread

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyFri Sep 02, 2016 9:01 pm

I had no idea, I'll check it out in a few weeks.

Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptySun Sep 18, 2016 1:30 pm

I am super stoked right now. Remember how for the past 10 years ive been taking about creating a really good AI? And I never actually created one.

------

---------

UNTIL NOW! I have created an AI (currently only 1 hero) system, which can support a variety of preset builds. I have been fine-tuning it a bit. It still does not attempt to engage in boss fights, and it is not aggressive. It rarely leaves its side of the map.

It is a good sparring partner though, because and this is what I am super stoked on,

--------

--------------

I CANT FUCKING BEAT IT!

That's right, I created an AI which I cant beat. It does get some free cheats though. It does not need to return to base to buy and sell items; and it gets free skill perks, once a skill has been leveled enough to unlock a perk.

While these buffs do give the AI an unfair advantage; they arent huge. It makes their skills ~10-15% better, and saved them about 10% of their time, returning to shop. Playing a random hero is more of a handicap than the AI gets in free shit.

So officially, "Screw you guys, I got a better opponent"
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 5:17 pm

Nice lol.

Can you play with the bot and people at the same time?

Bots have typically always been better farmers by design in other games. So I'm guessing the key to beating them is exploiting their flee from ganks mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Yes you can play with bots and people. The only not is in early stages, so I want to find out his abuses. Next weekend I hope to have a total of 3 bots working. I want to use bots to pump the game into a 6v6, and the bots can keep noons from getting rocked.

If anyone gets bored and wants to try it, the not takes over player 8 slot only, and only 1 can be added. The command is -ai. I plan to create a user interface at the start to setup bots, only I have multiple working bots.

Try to beat or break the not, see how you do. Without directly countering his build, he is very difficult to beat. I'm at a 1-5 win ratio now. Only a full build counter won for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Back Bitches Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Back Bitches   I'm Back Bitches Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Back Bitches
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next