Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery I_vote_lcapStarcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery I_voting_barStarcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery I_vote_lcapStarcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery I_voting_barStarcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery Empty
PostSubject: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I will update this as major gameplay features are added.

Last edited by Glorn2 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:13 pm

The heroes look pretty awesome. I see a premade build feature maybe add something where players can store their hero builds or something. I can't help but feel the terrain looks awfully plain though.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:52 pm

Lol, the terrain IS really plain! It is non existent! I have a friend who is considered one of the best (There are only 3 people who hold that rank) terrainers in sc2. She is going to do my terrain for me. I didn't want to have her work on it until I knew the project was complete enough to be played though.

I DO plan on allowing people to have their own saved builds; and it really wouldn't be difficult for me to do at all. It will not however, be in the initial release. I have come to a very firm point where the deadline and what is needed to be done to make the game "actually playable" are uhhh... sketchy. If I am not finished by the deadline for the RTC contest, then I will release with a lot more features; likely around the new year.

I will be needing active alpha testing in a week or two. the kind of testing like "my computer crashed" or "this button does not work" "this skill does not level". Major game issues. I have been working on this project on the side for a few years now, and it has never been played multiplayer.

If anyone is up to testing, keep in mind that the SC2 arcade is 100% free to download and play through blizzard. http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/ is the site; you just need to create a blizzard account if you do not have one.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Are we still doing shared experience in the new version? Perhaps if the mechanics allow for it we could make it to where hero kills are not shared experience. Always hated that feeling when you're 3-4 kills up on the opposing team but are still losing.  Hopefully there's reason to cycle instead of camping one camp grinding the whole game long.

The hero saved one will be very cool even if it isn't in the innitial release. LOL one of the most heard complaints come from players who just don't get the -save/load system thinking they will have their op hero all geared out. This will be like a compromise they have their "op hero" he just won't be all geared out or a high starting level Smile  .

I was thinking maybe we could have an announcement after each and every kill saying how many are neeeded to win.  Often times you get players who just don't get the objective of the game. More  times then not when the game finally ends they're like "huh what it's over how" Maybe perhaps some sort of celebrate system for the win.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 8:11 pm

I am triggering EXP gain, so I guess I can do whatever I want with it; based on how many conditions I want to add. What is cool about this, is that I can have various EXP modes. My ideal EXP ratio would be 2 shares to the killer, 1 share to the rest of the team. This would allow a player to power level and be the "kingpin" of his team; but doing so would be boosting his allies as well. Alongside this, I can have full share EXP, and no shared EXP.

My plan for game modes is to have 3 settings/figures, as game modes are selected or deselected. Each game mode will alter the hero experience rate, PLAYER experience rate (for player leveling) and creep difficulty. I feel this will add a lot more entertainment to the possibility of "noob modes" like "faster creep spawning" "increased kills" "unlimited weapons" ECT. Using this method, I can make some modes "better" than others. Full shared EXP increasing player EXP, and slightly increasing hero EXP as well; as opposed to "no shared" doing the opposite.

As I mentioned above; EXP is triggered; so I need to find a good formula that would promote creep cycling. This is going to come with play testing though. Since I have some good formula styles created though; I believe I will have full control over the progression with just a few number settings (making it 30-40X faster to alter than in wc3)

For the graphics and stuff; I plan to create an entire micro-transactions shop to spend your points at. I intend for it to only be usable before the "gates open" and after the game ends, as well as in "tutorial mode" which can be picked in the lobby. In tutorial mode, things are 10% cheaper; to get people to use that, rather than wasting game time looking at pretty graphics. I plan to make it so certain modes need to be unlocked, lots of heroes need to be unlocked; but also custom skins for heroes, custom glows, animations, ect. For a super expensive cost; I was thinking of adding custom animations for spells; but that is only if the concept takes off. (This too, will be after initial release)

I was planning to announce kills better; with voice announcements; killing sprees, and better rewards for ending a spree. I really do not like to put too much text on the screen though; I feel as though too make text makes ALL text ignored. Currently the only text displayed is errors (you need additional skill points, ect) What I may be able to do to draw attention to it; is to animate the scoreboard when a player kills a player. *note for later* I could make the hero who was killed play his death animation, inside the scoreboard. So the scoreboard looks like a TV for a second or something. Not sure how that would work for a multi-kill though. This too, would be later. Initially, it will just be text, and maybe the same sound clip played.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Video up top!

I finally completed the vendor item system, which works with my inventory and all. It ended up being a much larger project than I had intended initially.

What it does, in a huge nutshell:

I can create endless tiers of items if needed; currently I only plan on 5. I can set "required item slots" as I have done with weapons. I can have options which remove these restrictions; or I can create more pretty easily if I need to. All items are linked to my inventory properly; which was a huge pain in the ass; but will be easy to modify if I ever need to. There are disabled equipment slots, which are enabled as the game progresses; to limit the early game overwhelming aspect of too many choices. If more items per tier are needed, they can be very easily added with just a few clicks.

Overall, I built this; along with my inventory, to be usable in multiple situations; should it ever come to that.

http://peeeq.de/gui.php?id=3704

A copy of the code, all 16,000 words of it. All ~32 pages, all 150,000 characters. That is just for the vendor dialog and triggers related to it. God I hope this game is good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery   Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery Empty

Back to top Go down

Starcraft 2 CHA Video Gallery
Page 1 of 1