Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Starting game suggestions EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Starting game suggestions EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Starting game suggestions EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Starting game suggestions EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Starting game suggestions EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Starting game suggestions EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Starting game suggestions EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Starting game suggestions EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Starting game suggestions EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Starting game suggestions I_vote_lcapStarting game suggestions I_voting_barStarting game suggestions I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Starting game suggestions I_vote_lcapStarting game suggestions I_voting_barStarting game suggestions I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Starting game suggestions

Go down 
3 posters

What do you think of these suggestions?
I agree with your suggestions
Starting game suggestions I_vote_lcap20%Starting game suggestions I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
I disagree with your suggestions I posted reason why.
Starting game suggestions I_vote_lcap80%Starting game suggestions I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Starting game suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Starting game suggestions   Starting game suggestions EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:51 am

Im looking over the items and looking at the cost values. As we know we start the game with about 1300 gold (at least I think we do) Its my impression that most of you feel anyone who doesn't start with a greater orb is a noob and is almost destined to fail unless they have someone carrying them through the game can we atleast some what agree to that being true?

Let us look
Greater Orb of Fire (Splash) +30 damage
Greater Orb of Frost (Slow) +20 Damage +10% Attack Speed
Greater Orb of Lightning (Purge) +25 damage
Greater Orb of Stone (Low % Slow and Dispel) +35 Damage
Greater Orb of Corruption (-4 armor) +25 Damage
All of those costs 1200 gold

Now lets look at items within their price range

The Stat Items
Power Gauntlets/ Infused Cloak / Glittering Tiara their total cost is 1450. My suggestion here is to lower the cost of Power Glyph to 350 from its 550 gold cost cutting the cost of these down to 1250 and possibly allowing one the option to start with these.

The weapons
I think the Axe and Sword are over priced for their values, and honestly do feel they should be lowered in cost the staff however I think is just right for its cost.

Keep in mind my lowered Power Glyph price suggestion

Sword 350 +350+1250= 1950 gold for +20 Damage and +15% Attack Speed
Axe +400 +350 +1250= 2000 gold for +35 Damage

My suggestion here is to lower the cost of these two weapons recipe down to 500 Gold which would bring them down to be about the same cost as the greater orbs. These suggestion not only give players options but also buff some of the play styles of the public which is a good deal of your fan base. One noob making suggestions for his fellow noobs.
Back to top Go down
KOnYiu
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
KOnYiu

PostSubject: Re: Starting game suggestions   Starting game suggestions EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 pm

First of all, we all start with 1.2k gold, there are many options for us to choose from as our first item. Totemic glyph, 4 +5 str thingy or +5 agi thingy, orb, or 1 power shield + scale mail. Many heroes especially int don't need to start with fire orb, if they need int, they can just go ahead and buy items that give int as i am sure a spell can farm much faster than fire orb especially in starting levels, however , orb is a must as a boost to damage in later game.

Also, if you are to lower the price of the power glyph, you will have to lower the other items price as well as the glyph gives +4 all stats and the others + 5 for one stat only.

Last but not least, remember that the game is made that way, orb has been existed in cha for more than 4 years, the price of the other items stay the same for that long time. If they are to change it as to "balance" the starting items, they would have done that much earlier. Ohoh, and greater orb is supposed to be a secret item in the past cha, as they are meant to be "combined", so it is another reason why the price of the orb is low.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Starting game suggestions   Starting game suggestions EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:21 pm

i was thinking of raising the gold you start with, to combat this. Now I am thinking of newer low items, in that price range, but finally, I decide to do nothing.

Reasons:

-Noobs are noobs. "WHY CANT I HIT THE DRAGON?!" any/all melee heroes need an orb in order to farm, especially with all the flying units between level 1-3.
-The game, skill, items, and prices are based around the progress of the game. to alter the basis of the "start" of the game, from something that it has ALWAYS been, would change a lot more than a simple price
-Kon nailed it on the power glyph price
-As far as weapons go, I like their high prices. Weapons are really strong, so long as you have the hp/armor to deal damage without being 1 shot. 5-6 months ago I would have agreed with that, when no one used any weapons. Now, everyone uses unlimited weapons, and gets 3-4 weapons. that is my proof that item prices are fair enough.

The reasons swords and such cost more is because they are easly upgraded. after your rank 1 axe, you need only 3400, then BAM, 135 damage! A really good farmer can hit that for the first duel! (i would go for staff though) gaia staff actually used to be my item for the first duel. 70 damage, and a shit ton of life and mana for that level.

My Suggestion:
Set the price of orbs to 1500 each, set the starting gold to 1250, and make every hero start off with an orb of range (has no sell value) I believe THIS would be the best way to handle the situation if something is to be done about it. Again, it would take a lot of balancing. i may keep it at 1200 starting gold, due to bombs costing 1250, and bombs being a reallly good item to start with.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

PostSubject: Re: Starting game suggestions   Starting game suggestions EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Yea I guess you pros know best okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting game suggestions   Starting game suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Starting game suggestions
Page 1 of 1