Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
My Consume/Archon build EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
My Consume/Archon build EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
My Consume/Archon build EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
My Consume/Archon build EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
My Consume/Archon build EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
My Consume/Archon build EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
My Consume/Archon build EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
My Consume/Archon build EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
My Consume/Archon build EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
My Consume/Archon build I_vote_lcapMy Consume/Archon build I_voting_barMy Consume/Archon build I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
My Consume/Archon build I_vote_lcapMy Consume/Archon build I_voting_barMy Consume/Archon build I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

My Consume/Archon build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

My Consume/Archon build Empty
PostSubject: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:50 am

Int Archon
Dragon Punch
Divine Shield
Consume
HP Bonus
Whirlpool

Start with bombs. Main level dragon punch until first duel, then consume. You can hit 8 for first duel, but 7 is easyyyy. Get all 3 potion types, you NEED to win the first duel. This entire build is based on winning. I have never not-won a duel with it. If you do lose a duel, which should be hard to do, there is a good chance you will fall behind.

Consume damage is... really high. Between consume and dragon, you can break any AMS. with your speed and divine, it isnt too hard to kite avatar. Windwalk really helps with this. Consume also makes a decent counter to bonewall builds (which people have tried on me a few times).

In duels, you run in and dragon punch, then consume. Sometimes you wont drain any life doing this, but it WILL break their AMS and take a good chunk of their mana. An opponent with no mana is a good opponent. After this, you can either auto attack, or kite as needed. Generally, I will kite until I can punch again; then punch, then whirl+consume. Consume is reduced by spell reduction, keep this in mind.

This build is a slow starter with farming without bombs, but it farms really well once you get the level advantage. I can usually keep up with double farming builds; except I get the duel wins. Very late game, this build gets a combination of stronger, and weaker. Ice staff brings the whole thing together, along with a WW item. You almost need them late game if you want to continue the hilarious dominations that you are granted early game.

Items:
Really, any normal int item build works for this. It is stupid to go a pure int build, because consume gives you a lot of mana. consume also gives you HP, so you dont need a lot of STR. Agility is what I go for, because I auto-attack farm. Armor also makes that HP you take a lot more valuable. you need enough HP that you survive creeps during the dwntime of consume; while not being open to ganks. Some decent mana regen makes consume really worth it; as it costs a lot of mana. Dont rush too much regen though, because you will miss out on better stats.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
baneofdeath
Brilliant Player
Brilliant Player

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm

This build is redic, tbh outside of vortex and flare you'd be hard pressed to stop it, lost farily convincingly to it a few weeks ago myself.
Back to top Go down
DG86
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:08 am

Oh god...lost to this yesterday >.<...though it was with WrathToRuin playing Illidan with a second whirlpool and me not knowing wtf I was doing going a pulverize/stun field/guardian ward/locusts build with warden.

The problem is that you're stunned so you can't disrupt consume. How are you supposed to counter this build if you can't even hit a spell on reaction to consume? Try to disable-lock them the entire time?
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 2:40 pm

well, it has only been beaten once, went 7-8 against the best timmy user, using timmy, pulv, vortex, blaze, avatar. Vortex+avatar work quite well to counter it. feedback+avatar also. avatar+slow poison, demon spawn, uhhh, summons in general arent bad against it.

I bet my unbeaten archmage/badger build could beat this one.
Back to top Go down
DG86
Unranked
Unranked

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Tried it for myself with avatar of vengeance. Seems this build has a window of opportunity that it has to end the game by. Wrath was able to get a black knight's armor, immortal ring, staff of the war god among some other high ends on me and I could barely dent him after that.

(Luckily I won by eating his nubcake, but...)

And I'd like a more detailed item list plzkthx.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 4:56 pm

A good deal of this builds success has to do with your momentum. I have played against it like 20 different times and lost only about 7. As it has no real farm you can easily out level it and then just buy items to counters its other areas of strength. For example since he's using a melee hero you can cut the effect of dragon punch by buying the lightning shield. You can dodge being attack during whirl pool with items that give you wind walk. If you buckle down and farm you can maybe get to level 7 by the first duel. If you try to gank you waste time and are about level 6. If your gank fails or they gank and kill you while your consume is on cd you will be about level 5. Simply put break a player who's running this builds momentum and they will completely fail with this. This build use to be a lot stronger pre minor agility nerf. Also my favorite skill counters this puppy pretty well and that is Mind Rot.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 5:18 pm

God bless mind rot. Depressing what a supersonic ring can do in a tight situation though. Careful nailed the counter though; break the momentum. That is what makes this build so strong. 7 is very easy for first duel with it; 8 takes skill. The fact that you can hit 8 though will give you the duel win. This puts you at nearly level 9, vs someone is is at best, lvl 7. 2 levels already. go clear a spawn, and annoy your opponent. early game, 1 DP on an enemy is enough to send him back to his base; wasting precious time. Dont chase for kills, take creeps as they flee.

A smart, or highly defensive player can outlast this build. Every aspect of it can be overcome with items. However, this build also has the power to pull off a gank or two before the first duel; which.. is a game changer.
Back to top Go down
carefulibite
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
carefulibite

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:26 pm

I hope I didn't come off as an elitist as momentum makes or breaks every build however in the case of physical farmers it's even more true. You got to consider the amount of time it takes you to kill creeps and the amount of time it takes them to kill creeps. The advantage to consume is being able to stay out longer. Making ground on farming as they're going home to regenerate mana and hp. Still if they're smart their damage went up and they're killing creeps faster. It comes down to not losing the first duel and if you don't lose there is a high chance of winning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Consume/Archon build   My Consume/Archon build Empty

Back to top Go down

My Consume/Archon build
Page 1 of 1