Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Reputation EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Reputation EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Reputation EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Reputation EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Reputation EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Reputation EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Reputation EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Reputation EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Reputation EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Reputation I_vote_lcapReputation I_voting_barReputation I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Go down 
+2
HLWG
Mr.Blonde
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Reputation is something we use on the forums to rank people for their good and bad contributions to the forum discussions. Positive reputation is for people who post insightful cogent arguments on an array of topics. Whether you agree with them or not, it is nice to see people contributing in the honest discourse of the forums.
Negative reputation should be saved for people who are hopefully off topic or are just straight trolling topics. These aren't necessarily one liners or long posts. It deal with the content of the posts. If the content is stupid Negative Rep should be awarded.\

This is my speil cause people shouldn't be so conservative with rep hand it out whenever u want thats what its for, its your say on what should and shouldn't be considered forum material
Back to top Go down
HLWG
Epic
Epic
HLWG

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

I believe that after a certain numbedr of negative rep someone gets, they should receive a ban for a short time. If it is a constant issue, then the ban time should be increased. However, if someone is caught spamming negative rep on someone to get thwm banned, the spammer should be the person banned. These are just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.NJALLDAY.com
Shankz
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Shankz

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 pm

If we are going to start banning people based on rep, I think people should start posting why someone got a negetive instead of just cuz they feel like it. Or make it like thehelper, When u give someone a positive rep or a negetive rep it makes you put a comment in why u gave or took a rep.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/160130-Eudemons-O
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:29 pm

I don't think bans are the answer to reputation. Its just all about peoples opinions and bans really shouldn't be based on something as loose as that imo. If we have to post reason and explantations and arguements on why people are assinging rep it takes away from the fun. Rep should be used wisely is my point, but don't feel the need to hold out on handing out rep.
Back to top Go down
Pissonmyhands
You Got a Blue Star!
You Got a Blue Star!
Pissonmyhands

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:57 pm

honestly people who add nothing to the topic imo should get negative rep. thats just how I see it so dont take it personally. we all know that rep means next to nothing and banning is just waaaay to far out of line. it's too late to change much about this forum since there are only a few active members and anyone new wont know what to look at anyway save the big gold letters of expert or the giant blue letters of mod.... or pink/magenta or w/e it is. Back to my first point, i also feel unless someone like glorn, yeti, charged, or epic steps in and says its bad, let it be. anyone attempting to moderate a situation just b/c they want to set an example is overstepping their bounds. I've been guilty of it before but as of late, I'd rather just reel in the conversation w/ an on topic post. i dont like to waste my posts to much anymore on anything that doesnt further the conversation. ie "stop trolling rawr~!" "stop responding to trolls" "lookehere what your doing is very wrong and i'd like you to stop" its not elementary school... in some respects... "I messages" dont work and only spur on the kindergartener in the spammer. In response to the rep, I'd really just like to set everyones rep to zero XP that'll solve a lot of hassle imo
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:02 pm

well its not about resetting rep or handing out rep randomly, i think its an overlooked tool of the forum that most people do't use at all. i want the usage of rep both positive and negative to be increased, even though membership is low right now, it will pick up a bit perhaps if we have interesting topics up, so when people join the clan and open up the forum they find things they can respond to or ask questions about.
Back to top Go down
didnotmeanto
Master Spammer
Master Spammer
didnotmeanto

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 pm

I have to admit it is an often over looked tool. However it is simply optional at best and too opinion based to be taken seriously. Just look at Youtube rep its a joke and everyone knows it. Meaningful topics are great but you need a balance off the bad ones so the meaningful ones stand out. How can you know whats good if there is no bad? You sometimes need a break from the boring what items should I get or how do I counter this crap. By the way Im living proof of the under used rep system Im currently negative but I have help just as much as I have trolled so really I should be at zero. People are more out to give negative rep for semi stupid posts then they are to give possitive for semi helpful. Unfortunately when somebody see the red they often give a negative rep too even if they dont know why its bad.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:50 pm

very true.. I mean, tooting my own horn here... The number of insanely long, stupidly long, explanations I have given for things... If rep was based on good posts, I would have hundreds. Many people who be easily over 50. Few people would be below -5.

rep is there, do with it as you please. If you are an annoyance with it... you will be banned though.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Reputation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reputation   Reputation Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com