Custom Hero Arena Revolutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Hero Arena Discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Nostalgia
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 11:29 pm by Shankz

» I made a discord for CHAO
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 1:23 am by Glorn2

» Ayyyyee
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am by Shankz

» Hosting
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 am by baneofdeath

» Anyone Alive?
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:24 am by burntbread

» Hosting
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyFri May 05, 2017 7:32 pm by baneofdeath

» Starcraft 2 CHA Alpha Testing
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 am by Glorn2

» yeti's watery defender's build
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:23 pm by baneofdeath

» I'm Back Bitches
Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2016 7:35 am by Glorn2

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Glorn2
Cant we all just... Get Along? I_vote_lcapCant we all just... Get Along? I_voting_barCant we all just... Get Along? I_vote_rcap 
Mr.Blonde
Cant we all just... Get Along? I_vote_lcapCant we all just... Get Along? I_voting_barCant we all just... Get Along? I_vote_rcap 
Wrathtoruin
verti89
epicpowda11
carefulibite
Shankz
Sharky
Pissonmyhands
imsofattest

Cant we all just... Get Along?

Go down 
+3
Mr.Blonde
Bromancing_The_Venom
Glorn2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

Cant we all just... Get Along? Empty
PostSubject: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:04 pm

Every day, I get to hear from dozens of people "so and so was an ass to me." "So and so is cocky!" "So and so kicked me from a game." "so and so picked his nose and flung it at me!"

really, I am not your mommy. No one in this community is your classmate; no one in this community has any real-life bindings to you.

I have been hearing from a handful of people that they are mad at stomp for being cocky. This same group of people is a group of people who them themselves are cocky.

Many people dislike territo, and talk bad about him, and egg him on, or taunt him. These people cause half of the problems that are had with territo.

I hear from pubs (dozens of them) that clanmates kick them from games, trash talk at them, and do all of the things they shouldn't be doing.

I hear from clannies that pub X needs to be banned from the bot, because while so and so was spawn caming him, he was raging and called so and so's mother a whore.

At the same time, everyone wants to be promoted to shaman, and everyone wants to have full control over the bot. Everyone wants to be able to ban people from vent, and from the forum.

Anyone see the chaos that is going on here?

So, here it is,

"Be nice to each-other, be nice to pubbys, or find the door. If you cannot find the door, I will be more than happy to point you in the proper direction."

K, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://chao.forumotion.net
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

im glad ur taking steps to try to prevent alot of the nonsense and drama thats been going on lately, but its not really just lately.... in all the years ive been in chao there has pretty much always been drama and stupidity. whenever you get a large group of people together, and have it to that they spend their time playing a game where half of the people lose on a regular basis, im pretty sure there are always gonna be rages, bans, trash talk, drama, ect. it would be heaven to just have one day free of complaints and stupidity, but i doubt thats gonna happen. everyone read this post.... and acually try to do what it tells you to do. but glorn, dont be to optimistic. mark my words, the stupidity and nonsense will always be here no matter what we do.
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 pm

I dont want everyone to be a serious sally all the time. I just think it is rediculious that people have become so obnoxious that they make many players not even want to log on and play.

Sure, a lot of us joke around with each other in vent, and in channel. but it seems as though the joking has gotten looser and looser, and rather than just being between a small group of us, it is spreading. This causes new players to act immature, looking up to the growing immaturity in our senior members.

really, this is what my problem with Sami was. She would act very immature, and people would copy here. then people would copy them. As it went on, it got worse and worse. Eventually, peons were trash talking potential recruits out of the clan, because they couldn't spell the word "primarch" correctly.

If you guys wanna do that, you can do like Jar did back in the day; go make CHGB, hit an all time member cap of 4; then everyone make alts so you can get back into chao without looking so foolish. It just isnt gonna happen around here anymore. No more asking nicely. Just a lot of bans and kicks; and I am reallllly looking for someone to make an example of.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:19 pm

I have to agree... We have several people, myself included, who just can't stand other players. but that is why we have separate vent channels. Rather than sit in the channel with 11 other people talking over each other continuously some people. I'm looking at the Grunts right now need to learn when to let things go and when to just move down a channel rather than continue to shit talk and work your gums for no reason.

I'm not saying the channels should be dead silence, but silence sometimes is a good thing. I'm not saying joking is a bad thing, but taken to an extreme its poisoning our community. I'm not saying it started with territo nor am i assigning blame right now.

But i do take a serious interest in new players and recruiting players. And i have had my fair share of complaints of new players who i invite to channel just out of their interest not skill to come hang out at the channel complain about the immaturity and spamming.

I have no problem with you grunts and peon's fooling around with each other, but when it comes to harassing my recruits or my prospective recruits we are gonna have a problem. Its difficult enough to find people interested in actually learning the game, and if you ostracize the only people who are interested i become a sad panda. This is a warning. Don't harass the pubs in channel.

An example of harassment
"who the hell are you"
"what are you doing here"
"don't talk to me pub"

Examples of acceptable behavior"
"do you know anyone in clan"
"are u interested in joining CHAO"

Examples of what might happen to you
Warning
Demotion
Kick

I'm not saying they are going to happen, but I am warning you that the treatment of the pubs is something that i do look after.
Back to top Go down
vonmahs
Average Player
Average Player
vonmahs

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Yay i got big brother watching, surry. Being a pub its good to know that some one is watching our best interest. That is as long as we pubs show the same courtiesy (on phone so bad spelling). I have been in guilds and clan spanning many games and rl clubs and the drama generated is a bit rediculous. Groucho said it best. If u got nothing nice to say come sit by me. I agree that actions should be taken before it gets out of hand. now who shall be my recuiter? Dont worry my discharge paperwork says honorable discharge. :-)
Back to top Go down
epicpowda11
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
epicpowda11

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Well, I'm happy at least that these issues are finally being looked at. Maybe it's time I got off my high horse and returned since some resolutions might come about Smile
Back to top Go down
stomp2anewbeat
Smart Player
Smart Player
stomp2anewbeat

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 6:13 pm

i think that charge should come up with some examples of acceptable behavior in vent channel as well, i believe it would be a good guideline for people like me who seem to be misunderstood a lot. I'd do it myself, but im really bad at shit like that. XD
Back to top Go down
Mr.Blonde
Senior All-Star
Senior All-Star
Mr.Blonde

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 3:36 am

P.S.

It is still ok to talk and joke around, but just tone it down a tad...
Back to top Go down
Glorn2
Ohh Captain our Captain
Ohh Captain our Captain
Glorn2

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:27 pm

In terms of Vent, I think piss said that one the best (in vent).

A lot of newer people who join vent with us, haven't used vent before. The people who used to play WoW, or other games that required the use of teamwork through vent for a group of people know the basic rules.

To sum it up, DONT TALK WHILE OTHERS ARE TALKING! There are a special few people who refuse to use headsets, or cannot, for some reason. Get a headset, or dont use your push to talk if there are more than 3 people in channel. It reverbs, bad.

Also; territo... territo.... territo.... territo.... territo... and anyone who wants to do anything like what he does in vent... You do not need to add your 2 cents to every statement ever made. Rather than a pause between sentences, we hear territos voice. He is really everything that a person should not be in vent.

Of course, being annoying is on the top of everyones list. Making gross noises, annoying noises, extremely loud noises, spamming pages, leaving and joining channel over and over again. Just dont do it.
Back to top Go down
verti89
Blue Balls
Blue Balls
verti89

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 12:59 pm

i see the semi-annual 'talk' hasnt gone away. the problem with high school kids, is, quite simply that they are in high school.

i think the top down trickling effect is on the money. A year ago there were like 6-12 of us who played all the time together and talked nonsense to each other all the time. thats fine as long as its JUST that group of 'senior' players but inevitably other people are playing with us, which is good, except that they see that behavior as acceptable across the board when in fact its generally not the behavior we are looking for.

i guess my 2 cents would be if your playing with only senior players then you know where the right line is, but if there are others (pubs, grunts, peons, etc.) in the game with you they may not realize that your friendly jabs to the other senior player or friendly jabs and may either take offense or start to copy you.
Back to top Go down
Bromancing_The_Venom
Skilled Player
Skilled Player
Bromancing_The_Venom

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:02 pm

high schoolers... pshh. so immature. good thing us middle schoolers know the proper behavior. what you do in school to annoy your teachers is funny, but you really shouldnt do it to the people in the clan. i hate all the anti-bullying crap they try to brainwash us with as much as everyone, but seriously... you really dont need to be mean to random people who you see just because u can. im doubting that people will ever listen to this message, but im never an optimist, so can you all try to prove me wrong? next time you see a pub, like charge said instead of going "who the hell are you" say something like "hey, are you interested in clan chao?" if anybody has ever told you that you are annoying... maybe you should ask yourself why they said that, and if you really are annoying, then stop plz?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant we all just... Get Along?   Cant we all just... Get Along? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant we all just... Get Along?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Custom Hero Arena Revolutions :: Game Related Discussion :: News-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com